As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Nintendo NX: Console/Mobile Hybrid. Industry leading tech and graphics.

• Options
    HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    Son of a...

HallowedFaith on
    I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    ...bitch.

HallowedFaith on
  • Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    Yup, the leaked controller just confirmed fake by the leaker. False alarm everyone.

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    What is going on with the forum tonight? :?

Brainiac 8 on
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »
    What is going on with the forum tonight? :?

When you click post, I see an error message. Don't try clicking post again because it posts anyway. Just reload the page after clicking.

BronzeKoopa on
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    Thank god btw. That was the ugliest controller ever.

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    I didn't want to believe it, but those second images were really good fakes.

• Options
    GrebnuGrebnu Registered User regular
    I knew it was fake!

That would also mean that the other one is fake too, right?

This has been quite a ride, I'm almost now that it's slowing down.

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    God exists

Santa is real

That fucking abomination of a controller is fake

• Options
    Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    Yup, the leaked controller just confirmed fake by the leaker. False alarm everyone.

The weirdest part about it was the second fake because that's the one that actually made it believable. Who the hell makes a fake OF a fake? What a wacky mess.

It's good news though, doubling down on the Wii U idea with an even more expensive controller seemed suicidal.

Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Options
    RidleySariaRidleySaria AnaheimRegistered User regular
    This is a fake but whatever Nintendo is planning could still be pretty wacky. They're in a position of weakness.... with their position in the market and consumer faith being at an all time low I don't know if they can risk doing anything too "innovative". But for better or worse that's how Nintendo sets themselves apart. God damn, I just want to know what NX is already.

-- Switch friend code: 2978-3296-1491 -- PSN: RidleySaria -- Genshin Impact UID: 607033509 --
  • Options
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=z_B65J86D_8

The black controller is fake too. Video from maker.

• Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    Everything's fake

What is real anymore

Are you fake? Am I fake? Are the fakes fakes?

Maz- on
    Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    edzeppedzepp Registered User regular
  • Options
    Mr KhanMr Khan Not Everyone WAHHHRegistered User regular
    There was a reddit AMA with an alleged NX devkit-haver who also got outed because he claimed that it ran on DDR5 RAM instead of GDDR5 (apparently the latter exists but the former doesn't, yet).

• Options
    vamenvamen Registered User regular
    At this point I want Nintendo to just keep making handheld hardware and then make all their console stuff software for other platforms. I just want to play some Zelda with a regular freakin' controller, guys!
    Granted, I was actually quite a bit fan of the WiiU gamepad...I liked the functions and it felt so nice in my hands. But I hated the Wii controls so they are 1 for 2.

• Options
    How great it would be if Nintendo had DDR5 RAM? This would be quite a revelation for the RAM and Nintendo...

I believe NX is that cloud box that sips power from it's brethren. And it is also a handheld that can connect to every other NX out there and it will be at least on par with PS4.5.

But seriously, Nintendo has pretty awesome things patented, and I hope that we see those some day.

I had a dream the other night where Microsoft and Nintendo started doing co-operation with this cloud thing. That was the reason Msoft didn't speak about the Cloud for long time. Nintendo contacted them and both consoles were able to "speak" to each other almost natively. I don't remember the technical explanation in my dream, but it was awesome. I didn't even know I can come up with that kind of tech.

It would be even almost believable, Microsoft has this cloud thing going after all and Nintendo could use a partner if they embrace the cloudy future.

Ah well, one can dream.

• Options
    Nintendo being in bed with Microsoft doesn't sound like a dream to me.

-- Switch friend code: 2978-3296-1491 -- PSN: RidleySaria -- Genshin Impact UID: 607033509 --
  • Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    Nintendo being in bed with Microsoft doesn't sound like a dream to me.

I have to say, as someone on the other side of the aisle--I kind of agree.

I mean, I've good SNES and GBA emulators on my Lumia. Which is pretty much all I demand.

• Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    I hope Nintendo makes consoles forever.

That way I always know which one to buy to find the kind of games that tickle that pure joy part of my brain.

steam_sig.png
  • Options

That way I always know which one to buy to find the kind of games that tickle that pure joy part of my brain.

You make a good counterpoint!

• Options
    CokomonCokomon Our butts are worth fighting for! Registered User regular
    Man, I think what really made that leak convincing was that someone else decided to hop on and make their own based the first. Whelp, this is good news for Nintendo, as it proves that people are REALLY hungry for anything NX news related. Should be a good E3 for them.

post.png
    Twitter: Cokomon | dA: Cokomon | Tumblr: Cokomon-art | XBL / NNID / Steam: Cokomon
  • Options
    Cokomon wrote: »
    Man, I think what really made that leak convincing was that someone else decided to hop on and make their own based the first. Whelp, this is good news for Nintendo, as it proves that people are REALLY hungry for anything NX news related. Should be a good E3 for them.

Until the announcement "Nintendo won't be showing up at E3 this year. Please understand."

• Options
    Jedi_BoiJedi_Boi Registered User regular
    Didn't they say the Wii and WiiU were going to have industry leading tech and graphics too... at least until close to launch?

i.imgur.com/DG7Jj7H.jpg
    Godspeed, Ironsides.
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Jedi_Boi wrote: »
    Didn't they say the Wii and WiiU were going to have industry leading tech and graphics too... at least until close to launch?

No. People always say that despite Nintendo never really releasing the specs for their consoles to the public.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    TimFijiTimFiji Beast Lord Halfway2AnywhereRegistered User regular

We are brothers, you and I

Switch: SW-2322-2047-3148 Steam: Archpriest
      Selling Board Games for Medical Bills
    • Options
      DarkMechaDarkMecha The Outer SpaceRegistered User regular

I feel the same. Nothing else quite like it.

Steam Profile | My Art | NID: DarkMecha (SW-4787-9571-8977) | PSN: DarkMecha
    • Options
      edited March 2016

No. People always say that despite Nintendo never really releasing the specs for their consoles to the public.

Nintendo hardly talks about specs. Even graphics for that matter. The last decade has been about 'experience' and 'community.' The hardware is highlighted when it is a function for that.

It's actually quite refreshing because even as much as Reggie is just a walking teleprompter it's still so much less pre-packaged bullshit that you're used to getting from everywhere else. At least it feels that way.

HallowedFaith on
    • Options
      There's certainly been nothing quite as joyful as Captain Toad on any other platform, that is for sure.

• Options
      CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
      Eh I'd be fine with Nintendo games on other platforms

As it stands right now, Nintendo gets none of my money

If they put out games on PS4 or something like that, they'd get at least $60 of my money for Animal Crossing and probably a lot more

• Options

This is me. The industry won't be the same if Nintendo ever gets out of the console business.

PSN - Brainiac_8
      Add me!
    • Options

This is me. The industry won't be the same if Nintendo ever gets out of the console business.

I've never not had Nintendo in my life. The idea just seems foreign to me. Nintendo is eternal.

• Options
      edited March 2016

Nintendo hardly talks about specs. Even graphics for that matter. The last decade has been about 'experience' and 'community.' The hardware is highlighted when it is a function for that.

It's actually quite refreshing because even as much as Reggie is just a walking teleprompter it's still so much less pre-packaged bullshit that you're used to getting from everywhere else. At least it feels that way.

Except that pre-packaged bullshit is intended for developers, not the public, which ends up frustrating third parties. By keeping their specs secret, Nintendo were actually prioritising PR over third party relations.

I hope they've learnt their lesson this time around.

Unco-ordinated on
    • Options
      Agreed, never understood Nintendo being so secretive with third parties. All it does is keep them at arms length and doesn't encourage support from them.

PSN - Brainiac_8
      Add me!
    • Options
      chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular

Except that pre-packaged bullshit is intended for developers, not the public, which ends up frustrating third parties. By keeping their specs secret, Nintendo were actually prioritising PR over third party relations.

I mean besides the fact that historically Nintendo passes out dev kits super early.

Third party usually abandons ship because the Nintendo option is usually the least powerful and thus needs concessions to port. Or has some gimmick.

Nintendo makes superb games within these limitations, most publishers are too aggressively chasing the dollar to invest the resources so what they do put out is shit. Shining all the more wetly next to the Nintendo offering so they can't really do anything but bluster and blame the hardware.

Also a lot of people I know just buy Nintendo things for Nintendo games. Never really planning to buy anything else on them.

steam_sig.png
    • Options
      edited March 2016
      I know I am buying the NX day one. Why?

Because it will have Zelda. Or Mario. Or Metroid. Or any number of their amazing IPs (Splatoon 2!) that I can't get enough of, even after 30 years.

HallowedFaith on
    • Options

I mean besides the fact that historically Nintendo passes out dev kits super early.

Third party usually abandons ship because the Nintendo option is usually the least powerful and thus needs concessions to port. Or has some gimmick.

Nintendo makes superb games within these limitations, most publishers are too aggressively chasing the dollar to invest the resources so what they do put out is shit. Shining all the more wetly next to the Nintendo offering so they can't really do anything but bluster and blame the hardware.

Also a lot of people I know just buy Nintendo things for Nintendo games. Never really planning to buy anything else on them.

Seems like you're trying to hand wave this issue away even though there are multiple accounts from developers who had this problem, including Criterion, who ended up doing a great job on the Wii U port of NFS Most Wanted.

You and your friends may not buy third party games on Nintendo systems but that doesn't mean Nintendo shouldn't try.

• Options
      cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
      Agreed, never understood Nintendo being so secretive with third parties. All it does is keep them at arms length and doesn't encourage support from them.

I think it's more of a fear of the other manufacturers stealing their ideas. Remember when Sony shoehorned in motion controls into Lair like a week before E3 once the Wii rumors hit?

Though given how risk-averse the current atmosphere is all the NX's secrets could have leaked two years ago and the other guys wouldn't have batted an eye.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
    • Options
      I know I am buying the NX day one. Why?

Because it will have Zelda. Or Mario. Or Metroid.

That's what I said about Wii U. We got Mario. And two Zelda ports. Never again.

This discussion has been closed.