As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[ToS] Tree of Savior - We call it Ragnarok Online 3.

HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud.Registered User regular
edited March 2016 in MMO Extravaganza

Release Date: April 28th. Free to play. (March 29th for Founders Access)
Where: Steam.

Note: At launch there will be 2 main servers. Klaipeda and Orsha.
There are no differences in the servers, simply where you choose to play.

I suggest Orsha because it is easier to remember and spell.

Style: Korean MMO Grind + Loot.
Art: 3D World with animated sprites.
Gameplay: ARPG-ish. 80 classes. 200 bosses. Focus on collecting/leveling over questing. Great stat customization/slotting. Hats.
Cost: Free to Play with Early Access founders packs and microtransactions.
Story: Uh well ya know. There is a tree... you see. It just showed up one day and now there are monsters. Oh, and the Goddess watching over everyone has vanished too. None of this matters. Go get loot.

Players are calling this the true spiritual successor to Ragnarok Online. Tons of classes and tons and tons of items. Farming up things and killing bosses for loot. Not to mention everything is SUPER ADORABLE. Also hats. Everyone loves hats. If you've ever wanted to wear a stop-sign on your head while stabbing cute blobby bunny rabbits in the face until they explode with loot; this game might be for you.

http://www.tosbase.com/ is the best resource for info right now as the game prepares to launch.

I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
HallowedFaith on

• Options
    HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    I am going to start playing founders access starting next week. I don't expect a ton of you guys to join in right away but I hope some of you will be interested in forming a little PA guild (end-game is best with parties) and join up when it goes live and free to play.

Assuming it isn't microtransaction HELL and the servers are stable, I think there is some potential here!

• Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    Hello, yes, this is me.

I too have no willpower and will be playing the early release.

Because someone told me there is a super novice equivalent.

So.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    If it is RO3 I will give it a go. Most likely EA as well as I too have no spine.

• Options
    EliminationElimination Registered User regular
    I picked up the cheap $10 pack. I figure it's worth at least checking out as someone who has major nostalgia for RO.

PSN: PA_Elimination 3DS: 4399-2012-1711 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheElimination/
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    I picked up the cheap $10 pack. I figure it's worth at least checking out as someone who has major nostalgia for RO.

Yeah. I figure as long as it isn't super mega bad right out of the gate I should get enough out of it for my money. I've played indie games less that costed more.

The dev team has made some *huge* mistakes right out of the game in terms of communication and launch info - but every major problem was resolved in a matter of days or even hours. I think a lot of it is language barriers of business and the fact that they didn't have a proper community manager.

HallowedFaith on
  • Options
    KyanilisKyanilis Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    Oh huh, I was actually just looking into this today basically. That's an awful lot of classes. Definitely some throwbacks to RO. I'll probably be joining in on the $10 pack because why not?

• Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    I have no idea if I'm going to like the game itself, but I'm in love with the art enough to give it a shot.

• Options
    Artereis wrote: »
    I have no idea if I'm going to like the game itself, but I'm in love with the art enough to give it a shot.

After the first few days, if I think it's decent enough (lag, bugs, etc) I will give out a few passes in the Steam thread so keep an eye out for that if you're on the ropes.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Hmm... 10 bucks is well within impulse territory, but I'm neck deep in games atm...

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Artereis wrote: »

After the first few days, if I think it's decent enough (lag, bugs, etc) I will give out a few passes in the Steam thread so keep an eye out for that if you're on the ropes.

Oh, no, that's appreciated but I'm totally buying in. If I regret it, so be it.

• Options
    drunkenpandarendrunkenpandaren Slapping all the goblin ham In the top laneRegistered User regular
    They did mention that they will more then likely have a 30% off sale on Steam later during the EA month for people on the fence and for more dosh. I'm weak and have no soul when it comes to RO so I bought the early release package already.

I loooove RO but it's so dated I don't know if I'll play this more then a few hours. Did I mention that I was weak? Because someone told me it was pretty much RO3 a week ago and I bought it without knowing anything about it.

D:!

Origin: HaxtonWasHere
    Steam: pandas_gota_gun
  • Options
    They did mention that they will more then likely have a 30% off sale on Steam later during the EA month for people on the fence and for more dosh. I'm weak and have no soul when it comes to RO so I bought the early release package already.

I loooove RO but it's so dated I don't know if I'll play this more then a few hours. Did I mention that I was weak? Because someone told me it was pretty much RO3 a week ago and I bought it without knowing anything about it.

D:!

EFJrmDB.gif

• Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    So, some of you are in and playing now, right? What're you thinking?

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    The client is "alive" for people now, but the server list is empty. So it looks like you can/might be playing, but the servers don't officially go live until 2am EST/6am UTC.

• Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    I am so on board with this.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    Server names at launch: Klaipeda and Orsha.

I am going to roll on Orsha because the name is easier to remember. :P

• Options

I assume players won't be able to play together cross server? I'll go ahead and roll on Orsha too.

• Options
    edited March 2016
    Kyanilis wrote: »

I assume players won't be able to play together cross server? I'll go ahead and roll on Orsha too.

Nope. It's traditional Korean MMO. They will end up with 5 or so servers if it gets popular. It's one of the gripes players always have but... it is what it is.

Founders get a free transfer once the servers are settled after the launch in April.

HallowedFaith on
  • Options
    HullabalooHullabaloo Registered User regular
    I'm on a nostalgia trip and pulled the trigger on this. I doubt it'll be something I stick with for long, but I guess i'll roll up onto Orsha as well.

Xbox ID: Oggie Rock
  • Options
    AumniAumni Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    I snagged a founder pack. See you guys on Orsha. Loves me some RO and this looks like a fun mindless grind. A lot of nifty classes to choose from. not sure if I'm going wizard or support. Paladin is always fun...

Aumni on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/aumni/ Battlenet: Aumni#1978 GW2: Aumni.1425 PSN: Aumnius
  • Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    I'm a terrible Ragnarok fanboy so I bought the founder's pack. See ya'll tomorrow.

Also, FENCER FO LYFE.

• Options
    Yeah so, I'm kind of petrified over the number of classes and how the whole system works. I have no idea what I should even aim for.

• Options
    edited March 2016
    Also, I guess you get to decide on a starting town too? Any preference? The starting town names are the same as the server names, go figure.

Maybe just Orsha on Orsha?

EDIT: Also, launch was delayed for ~4 hours: https://forum.treeofsavior.com/t/server-launch-delay-notice/156807

Kyanilis on
  • Options
    HullabalooHullabaloo Registered User regular
    Looks like it's up. I'm in on my cleric, Oggie Ogden on Channel 5 if anyone ends up wanting to group up at some point.

Xbox ID: Oggie Rock
  • Options
    Looks like friending is by Team name, which is cool since I'm sure most everyone will have more than one character. Mine is Targath.

• Options
    edited March 2016
    My team name is Nimbus.

Doesn't look like I am playing this morning... or maybe today because queues are out of control.

Edit* Looks like I got in. This default control scheme is BONKERS.

HallowedFaith on
  • Options
    CroakerCroaker Registered User regular
    I really want to try this but I've got no idea whether or not I should spend $10 between now and Dark Souls. Korean grinds tend to bounce right off of me but the combat in this looks so good and the art is great.

• Options
    Aww their poor servers are already melting. At least in the newbie zone I just got in.

Jubal Ursus varying channels right now.

• Options
    So there's a quest in Orsha where the npc wants you to worship at the goddess statue. If you've already used the statue, it seems to bug the quest. I'm currently relogging to see if that fixes it, but dropping to character select pushes you into the queue again.

• Options
    I think the channel you were in was just too full. I swapped channels and it worked for me having already worshiped there. Interactions are just generally slow right now heh. This game is a cute little grind so far though.

• Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    Cute and grind? I'm all in once I'm out of work.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Yeah, it's goddamn adorable. Totally worth the cost of entry.

• Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    Game looks super interesting. Does the $10 get you in early as well? My (fairly limited) reading up on it didn't confirm one way or the other.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    CorriganX wrote: »
    Game looks super interesting. Does the $10 get you in early as well? My (fairly limited) reading up on it didn't confirm one way or the other.

Yes, all 3 packs get you in right now.

• Options
    AumniAumni Registered User regular
    Combat in this is pretty damn good

http://steamcommunity.com/id/aumni/ Battlenet: Aumni#1978 GW2: Aumni.1425 PSN: Aumnius
  • Options
    Oh wow that quest sucked. Nothing like having to bring a mob over a trap when everyone is hell bent on killing everything in sight.

• Options
    Minerva_SCMinerva_SC Registered User regular
    should I just use these exp cards I get from quests or should I save them?

"If a cherry pie filled cape is wrong, I don't want to be right.
    I'm dead serious."
  • Options
    Minerva_SC wrote: »
    should I just use these exp cards I get from quests or should I save them?

I think they only give a static amount of exp so you might as well use em. Someone correct me if I'm wrong though.

• Options
    Ive been saving them and using them when I get to parts I have to grind.

ProTip
    If you see a guy with a head and shoulders outline keep talking to them they have sidequests for you. Some are repeatable :)

• Options
    Minerva_SCMinerva_SC Registered User regular
    The server lag is unreal. Basically makes it unplayable. I guess I'll try and come back later and see if its better...

"If a cherry pie filled cape is wrong, I don't want to be right.
    I'm dead serious."