As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Might as well face it you're addicted to [Love]

SolarSolar Registered User regular
edited March 2016 in Social Entropy++
hot-cross-bun.jpg

Love is like a hot cross bun. Or a drug! Once you've got a taste, you always want more. And the withdrawal symptoms are really nasty! Is there any love here, in this cupboard? Down the back of the sofa? Out in the cruel world? Yes! This thread is where we talk about the trials and tribulations of love. It's also the secret British thread, where British forumers and honorary Brits talk about our little island's foibles, for the edification of the yanks.

Solar on

• ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    Hey secret Britain thread, how's things this morning?

• SolarSolar Registered User regular
    I am eating a hot cross bun, and feeling pretty well. No hangover, always a bonus!

• LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    Nooo no its not the British thread its 100% the Love Thread. Positive. For sure.

Complain about yer love life here. we'll say nice things. Or rejoice it!

(also eating a hot crossed bun, hive mind)

Liiya on
  • VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Speaking of hot vaguely British things.

We of the southern colonies wish to request some of your weather be shipped down here please.

Because I'm currently doing a pretty good impression of Arnold Toht.

according to the Beeb it'll rain a lot this weekend

not that I mind, like a bit of rain me

• AngelinaAngelina Registered User regular
    Facebook is doing the creepy psychic thing again. My people you might know section is full of old dating site guys. I don't have their numbers and I haven't looked them up, and no! Stop it!

Also somebody messaged me on PoF saying I look familiar and didn't I used to live near blandford? Yes I did. He must be a past PoF person. I hope.

• KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    Hey love thread

Ive always had a problem with feelings. Every time i started dating someone i freak out because i dont have strong feelings for them like they do for me. Everyone else seems to fall in love in like, a fucking week, and i just feel nothing. Ive always seemed to be this way, where i only realize im in love with someone like years into our friendship.

Well, after almost 2 years with my gf, i can solidly day with confidence that i love her, no doubt. I got the feels. It just takes me way longer than most people. But them love feels, theyre there, and im glad i didnt rush it or lie about it because of societal pressure/what romcoms tell you.

I had the realization a few days ago of, oh, love!! And its pretty great.

Kochi that is wonderful! I'm very glad you're confident and content with yourself to know how you feel about these things and didn't bow to pressure, you should be pretty chuffed with yourself.

• KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    Thx liiya

Also my petname for her is the german word for platypus, because it is the most fun word to say. Her petname for me is the dutch pronounciation of hamster which just sounds like 'humpster'.

• LabelLabel Registered User regular
    Angelina do the stores in your area carry electric cattle prods? There are stores around here that do.

I feel like you should invest in one.

• KarlKarl Registered User regular
    Hot cross buns are not that great, who wants to have a go. I'll glass you, swear to god I will

Also good morning everyone

Kochikens wrote: »
    Thx liiya

Also my petname for her is the german word for platypus, because it is the most fun word to say. Her petname for me is the dutch pronounciation of hamster which just sounds like 'humpster'.

That is

Adorable.

Karl wrote: »
    Hot cross buns are not that great, who wants to have a go. I'll glass you, swear to god I will

You've fucked it now mate

I do what I want solar

Whilst I'm at it, ketchup is the worst thing to put it in bacon sandwich.

I do what I want solar

Whilst I'm at it, ketchup is the worst thing to put it in bacon sandwich.

That's it I'm coming for you I swear down

I'll have you mate.

Fam don't know how murked he'll get
    this is funny because I'm painfully middle class

Yeah I'm picturing the Bridget Jones fight scene here.

Also I'm spending the day with the gf's family. All the polite small talk oh god I hope they don't me mention ukip

Mad bants, is what it is

Also I'm spending the day with the gf's family. All the polite small talk oh god I hope they don't me mention ukip

D: !!

• JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    Hey. Bants. I understand that word now!

• darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    To be fair, brown sauce is infinitely better in a bacon sandwich than tomato.

forumsig.png
    darleysam wrote: »
    To be fair, brown sauce is infinitely better in a bacon sandwich than tomato.

It is, but the best is to mix the two.

• darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    Hm. I don't think I've ever tried that.

Maybe I should...

forumsig.png
    darleysam wrote: »
    Hm. I don't think I've ever tried that.

Maybe I should...

You should! Tomorrow I'll have to means to make a bacon sandwich, and now I have to.

Ketchup is only good mixed with mustard in a burger.

• DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    Hey, man, I can stop whenever I want!

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• SharpyVIISharpyVII Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    I put Lea and Perrins on a lot of things!

SharpyVII on
  • OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    I dunno if I'm addicted to love, but I'm pretty sure I'm addicted to Love Thread.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

My school just got ranked 10th highest in the world for architectural education. Noice 8-)

Free pizza bribes paid off.

• honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Hey Love thread,
    this song came on and made me think of you.

https://youtu.be/7C3uRqjA8UE

That is a funky song!

I didn't know they made an official Grey Ghost anthem!

• OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Why does pop culture seem so interested in the idea of murderous barbers? What'd barbers ever do?

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    Why does pop culture seem so interested in the idea of murderous barbers? What'd barbers ever do?

Lots of stuff

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barber_surgeon

Also they just have a lot of sharp instruments that they typically bring very close to your face and neck when you could be seen as vulnerable.

Way back they'd even pull your teeth. You know... Before anesthetic was invented, or germ theory.

Tallahasseeriel on
  • Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Vivienne bought shameful chocolate hot cross buns today.

I made her buy the superior fruit based ones from the bakers. At the bakers they also had fruit ones with custard in them to.

I did not buy those ones.

• GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    So. Love thread. I shall tell you some stuff.

A few weeks ago, I started up a casting call page for a project of mine. Over at Casting Call Club. It's a site for voice actors and directors who need any actors or actresses for their work. One gal auditioned for a couple of roles I had up for grabs. And she was pretty good!

I don't know her real name, but she goes by Suzie. At least, I assume that's not her real name, given that she's a grown adult and not stamping your name on your ID wherever you go is kinda Internet 101, y'know?

She started messaging each other about the project, and it wasn't long before we started starting about other stuff. She eventually friended me on steam and now we talk all the time. It took surprisingly little time for me to just... be entirely myself when talking to her. I'm usually at least a little bit reserved, but for some reason I'm just totally relaxed when I chat with her. I don't know entirely how to explain it as I don't have private conversations with a great many people so I only have so much frame of reference.

Also, we seem to have a variety of shared interests. I've gotten her into a bunch of webcomics and we've been nerding out over stuff like Sleepless Domain and Kill Six Billion Demons, which is fun. I don't want to think too hard about this, because the last time this happened I basically turned into Anthony Carver, but I've been getting a lot more into that line of thought with people since getting on antidepressants last year.

I think for the moment I will just kinda roll with it, and not do anything to potentially make things awkward. At least, not until I get to know her better. And also learn more about her personal life and whether or not she's seeing anyone. And a hundred other questions I come up with to continue stalling myself.

Also I don't wanna rush in and potentially make things awkward when I'm still kinda working with her on my biggest ever voice over project.

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• HermanoHermano Registered User regular

Crumpets>Hot cross buns

250px-Buttered_crumpet2.jpg

PSN- AHermano
    GOOD OPINIONS BROTHER HERMANO

This discussion has been closed.