As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[MSPA & Undertale] Yes, Homestuck is actually over | Vol. 10 out now

• GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
  • cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Don't forget about Utility Limb.

• Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    There's an Undertale segment in the latest videoGaiden:

https://youtu.be/r5TTByJlUcQ

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    edited March 2016
    double post

Andy Joe on
    XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    EDIT: oh uh

nevermind

Seriously on
  • Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
  • OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Ms Dapper wrote: »

Reading is sans-sational. Good work teacher.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    Sans would be proud of a pun that lazy

Thetheroo on
  • Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
  • laurentheflutelaurentheflute Leader of The Returners AustinRegistered User regular
    So, uh, anyone here planning to go to Camp Fangamer this year?

I got self-conscious about having a self-promotional signature. Now I don't have one anymore. HI, I'M LAUREN, I PLAY MUSIC AND VIDEO GAMES
  • Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    So I'm working some Garth Brooks concerts the next little while, and I've gotta admit that I don't know that much about him.

Except apparently he's married to Trisha Yearwood.

And while I was working the show yesterday, she came out on stage and said "Here's a famous number I recorded for the movie Con Air. Sing along if you know it!"

And as the sweet tones of "How Do I Live" filled the air, a whisper escaped from my lips.

"Put the bunny back in the box."

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • masterofmetroidmasterofmetroid Have you ever looked at a world and seen it as a kind of challenge?Registered User regular
    I really can't hear that song without laughing anymore

That and "I don't Want to Miss A Thing"

• TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    https://youtu.be/-8gKDRjfKeo
    what happens when a man who's made a career out of playing games to completion, plays a game that explicitly resents the mindset of trying to see everything just because it's there?

• ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    So I'm working some Garth Brooks concerts the next little while, and I've gotta admit that I don't know that much about him.

Except apparently he's married to Trisha Yearwood.

And while I was working the show yesterday, she came out on stage and said "Here's a famous number I recorded for the movie Con Air. Sing along if you know it!"

And as the sweet tones of "How Do I Live" filled the air, a whisper escaped from my lips.

"Put the bunny back in the box."

I was at Subway the other day and the LeAnn Rhimes version came on the radio. I had to restrain myself from singing along...

• Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    One of my favourite things about Undertale, which I think is extremely obvious, is that the backstory of the game is the people of [insert some old JRPG here] won and banished the monsters underground, who managed to make a really pleasant society without any humans around.

Another thing I like is that one kid's expression.

-_-

• EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    That Completionist episode was basically everything I hoped such an episode would be. Good job, Jirard.

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    yes yes this is what I want, a smooth mcgroove acapella cover of megalovania
    genocide spoilers in the video tho

BahamutZERO.gif
  • darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    edited March 2016
    EDIT: Didn't click the spoiler above.

tumblr_inline_nx6366JOKA1tdz3fa_400.png

darunia106 on
    pHWHd2G.jpg
  • VickyBitVickyBit Registered User regular
    tumblr_o4lownEXFc1rban1do1_1280.png

• EmperorSethEmperorSeth Registered User regular
    Speaking of interest over time I, I'm finding myself getting hooked on Lets Plays again. Which is helpful, since I never actually finished Lauren's. I got back to the start of the Hotlands, since I think that's where I left off. I even skimmed bits of Pewdiepie's playthrough!

You know what? Nanowrimo's cancelled on account of the world is stupid.
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    I showed one of my students Undertale

He thinks that sparing bosses is "scrubleague"

I'm pretty sure he's gonna buy it

• miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    he's gonna have a bad time, kid

uc3ufTB.png
  • SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    pundertale

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    Speaking of interest over time I, I'm finding myself getting hooked on Lets Plays again. Which is helpful, since I never actually finished Lauren's. I got back to the start of the Hotlands, since I think that's where I left off. I even skimmed bits of Pewdiepie's playthrough!

...why???

• SomestickguySomestickguy Registered User regular
    Schide wrote: »

...why???

I imagine curiosity

But it's not an alien concept to like Pewdiepie

I mean, look at his follower count

That said, his Undertale playthrough is absolutely poop from a butt

Hnnng

I really really wanna see him do an Asgore cover.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

edited March 2016
    Also reposting this because it's amazing.

Late pacifist/neutral spoilers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSTcRzpL7pQ

Goatmon on

...why???

I imagine curiosity

Yup, curiosity.
    And I needed my fix...

That said, Pewdiepie seemed less annoying in the parts I watched. I think he only goes in screaming mode during scary games.

THAT that said, he had the most ridiculous Papyrus fight I've ever seen.

• SomestickguySomestickguy Registered User regular

...why???

I imagine curiosity

Yup, curiosity.
    And I needed my fix...

That said, Pewdiepie seemed less annoying in the parts I watched. I think he only goes in screaming mode during scary games.

THAT that said, he had the most ridiculous Papyrus fight I've ever seen.

To be clear, it wasn't awful because of any screaming

It was awful because he was very, very clearly only playing it because his fans demanded it

By the end he was basically skipping through swathes of text and making half-hearted noises to indicate surprise

His editor was clearly also missing the point, seeing as he cut the Asgore fight to about 15 seconds

Oh yeah, the edits were awful.
    He even cut out like two thirds of Omega Flowey's fight.

But at least he said he really liked it in the end.

edited March 2016
    I was just watching the final battle in pacifist, and yeah it just jump cuts through a bunch of the fight which is super distracting.

To be fair I think that's probably because he just didn't have any big reaction during the cut content, but that just speaks to how disinterested he was in the whole thing.

He seemed to enjoy the dialogue a lot more than the combat.

To be fair, the battle system is pretty easy mode unless you're playing Genocide.

Like, in pacifist mode
    You literally can't die in the final battle. The only strategy to winning is not giving up.

Goatmon on

• KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
  • EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Goatmon wrote: »

Hnnng

I really really wanna see him do an Asgore cover.

He hasn't?

...I swear I remember SOMEONE doing an a capella version of ASGORE.

• ToasticusToasticus yeah YEAHRegistered User regular
    hello undertale thread! for some reason I can't stop thinking about Undertale after blazing through a true pacifist run in a single weekend three weeks ago

I really fucking love this game

and I think... I need to talk to people about it???

• cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Toasticus wrote: »
    hello undertale thread! for some reason I can't stop thinking about Undertale after blazing through a true pacifist run in a single weekend three weeks ago

I really fucking love this game

and I think... I need to talk to people about it???
    What answer did you go with for that one question?

• ToasticusToasticus yeah YEAHRegistered User regular
    edited March 2016
    anime is 100% real
    I'm suddenly deeply amused that Undertale is a game where declaring "anime is real" out loud is a spoiler

Toasticus on
This discussion has been closed.