As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[League of Legends]RIP Dominion 2011-2016. You will be missed (by Talith)

• PotatoNinjaPotatoNinja Fake Gamer Goat Registered User regular
    Sol seems like a good AP addition to a bruiser-heavy team expecting ugly mosh pit fights.

If you get something like Darius v Garen + Xin v Zac + Braum v Leona, having Sol just kind of float around as a tanky AP death zone would be really powerful.

Being weak to assassins and divers in mid is pretty substantial.

He might be strong with Sion and Tahm Kench, both have kits that uniquely synergize with Sol.

Two goats enter, one car leaves
    Roz wrote: »
    I want my volibear rework

He should get a rage bar for attacking things and then when it maxes out his abilities become enhanced spending rage.

Normal Q: run to target to flip
    Ragemode Q: Leap forward and flip target backwards

etc,etc

Voli is a tragically simple champion. He should have been included in the juggernaut rework.

• CyrenicCyrenic Registered User regular
    I'm kinda sad there's indications the Warwick rework is coming soon. I really like his current kit. Chasing down people with Blood Scent is great and I'm afraid that's the first skill they'll scrap.

• AstharielAsthariel The Book Eater Registered User regular
    Cyrenic wrote: »
    I'm kinda sad there's indications the Warwick rework is coming soon. I really like his current kit. Chasing down people with Blood Scent is great and I'm afraid that's the first skill they'll scrap.

There were indications about Warwick rework 3 years ago, i think, so i would not worry about it too much, considering we still have Taric, Swain and Urgot reworks to go.

• PenumbraPenumbra Registered User regular
    Asthariel wrote: »
    Cyrenic wrote: »

There were indications about Warwick rework 3 years ago, i think, so i would not worry about it too much, considering we still have Taric, Swain and Urgot reworks to go.

One of my favorite champions to roll on ARAM. Rush Max CDR and then proceed to eventually delete one person off the map with your team every 45 seconds.

Switch Friend Code: 6359-7575-9391
  • BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Possible details of the Cass rework rework;
    P - "Cassiopeia gains Movement Speed per level, but she cannot purchase Boots items."

Q - "Cassiopeia blasts an area with Poison after a brief delay, granting her increased Movement Speed if she hits an enemy champion."

W - "Cassiopeia releases several clouds of poison, lightly damaging and slowing any enemy that happens to pass through them. Enemies affected by this poison are Grounded, losing the ability to use Movement abilities."

E- " "Cassiopeia lets loose an attack that deals increased damage to Poisoned targets and heals her for a percentage of the damage dealt. If the target dies from this attack, Cassiopeia regains Mana.""

R - "Cassiopeia releases a swirl of magical energy from her eyes, stunning any enemies in front of her that are facing her and slowing any others with their back turned."

The passive is hilarious and W blocking movement abilities could be huge.

• PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    We need the Rammus & Cass buying boots comic posted now.

MYA3yTr.jpg

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    Does Irelia even need buffs? PBE has Q buffs and while minor, I fear the backlash. Irelia seems balanced to me. If I play well she is strong. If I play badly she is weak.

Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    no mention of an E cd effect is disappointing

liEt3nH.png
  • Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    Burnage wrote: »
    Sol's pretty mobile but his ganks seem fairly easy to walk away from if you're actually paying attention.

I don't think he's going to have much staying power in terms of popularity. A lot of his power's lumped into his passive, which (without having actually played him) sounds dull as hell.

It's actually pretty fun because keeping your passive constantly in range is pretty hard to do while positioning well. It's kinda similar to Draven axes in a way.

Plus right now he's got a bunch of power in his Q and R that I feel people aren't paying as much attention too as they could.

• MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Sol seems like a good AP addition to a bruiser-heavy team expecting ugly mosh pit fights.

If you get something like Darius v Garen + Xin v Zac + Braum v Leona, having Sol just kind of float around as a tanky AP death zone would be really powerful.

He might be strong with Sion and Tahm Kench, both have kits that uniquely synergize with Sol.

Do his orbs keep rotating around "him" if Tahm eats him?

Morkath wrote: »

Do his orbs keep rotating around "him" if Tahm eats him?

Yes.

• KonphujunKonphujun Illinois, USARegistered User regular
    I assume I am the only one that finds Aurelion Sol to be underwhelming and easily shut down? Cuz... yeah. Massively unimpressed.

Everything: Konphujun(#1458)
  • SproutSprout Registered User regular
    I am planning on picking him up when he drops to 6300 IP because he is a classy star dragon, and I could care less if he's good or not. He's a vast improvement over the last few champs who varied between boring (Illaoi) and repulsive (Jhin).

• credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    Sprout wrote: »
    I am planning on picking him up when he drops to 6300 IP because he is a classy star dragon, and I could care less if he's good or not. He's a vast improvement over the last few champs who varied between boring (Illaoi) and repulsive (Jhin).

what take that back Jhin is fucking great and so cultured

anyway, he's wearing a classy mask over his possibly repulsive features so what else do you want?

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • JookieJookie Registered User regular
    Jhin's shoulder and walk are both repulsive and should put a mask over those instead.

butts
  • KonphujunKonphujun Illinois, USARegistered User regular
    Is anyone available that can invite me to the PA club? I've been trying in the old penny arcade chat room for several days no with no luck. :(

Everything: Konphujun(#1458)
    Konphujun wrote: »
    Is anyone available that can invite me to the PA club? I've been trying in the old penny arcade chat room for several days no with no luck. :(

I could use an invite too. JayFoe on NA.

I assume I am the only one that finds Aurelion Sol to be underwhelming and easily shut down? Cuz... yeah. Massively unimpressed.

I think he's a potentially strong niche pick. He's consistent AP damage and zone control, with a decent stun and some solid map mobility. He's just really bad solo against anyone who can jump on him, so he's hard pressed to deal with some top tier mids like Zed, LeBlanc, or Ahri.

If you know you won't get counterpicked, he seems like a great supplement to a beefy team, or a good counter to a beefy team if you have someone who can give him a bit of cover. He's niche because usually you want an AP mid that is good at blowing up vulnerable targets (Zed, LB) or who has some kind of really impressive solo utility (Anivia, Lux, Ori).

I imagine he's 100% bullshit on ARAM.

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    edited March 2016

I think he's a potentially strong niche pick. He's consistent AP damage and zone control, with a decent stun and some solid map mobility. He's just really bad solo against anyone who can jump on him, so he's hard pressed to deal with some top tier mids like Zed, LeBlanc, or Ahri.

If you know you won't get counterpicked, he seems like a great supplement to a beefy team, or a good counter to a beefy team if you have someone who can give him a bit of cover. He's niche because usually you want an AP mid that is good at blowing up vulnerable targets (Zed, LB) or who has some kind of really impressive solo utility (Anivia, Lux, Ori).

I think in ARAM it would greatly depend on comp. It often boils down to long-range pokes (or dives/picks), and he doesn't have that.

Polaritie on
    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
    Polaritie wrote: »

I think in ARAM it would greatly depend on comp. It often boils down to long-range pokes (or dives/picks), and he doesn't have that.

True, but its not like you can really dodge his Q either

• DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    Jhins walk is the best thing in the game

thanks.

steam_sig.png
  • WhiteSharkWhiteShark Registered User regular

I could use an invite too. JayFoe on NA.

Sent you both friend requests, I'll get you in tomorrow. I assumed Konphujun's username was "Konphujun" but if it isn't let me know.

• Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    I'd like to be a cool kid in the club.

Soliloqui in game

• KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    I'm Khavall in game as well I would like a club invite too if anyone gets a chance

• MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Would like to get one too, MorkathRagnarok.

@WhiteShark I think I sent you a friend request in game.

• JookieJookie Registered User regular
    Is the club even active or is it just like the chat room, a large group of people that never play together?

butts
    I've played with Gergor, Jaef, SadSchaub etc. Thing is it can be difficult to get games in because a lot of PA guys are in widely different elo. I don't know how many high elo PA players even have lowbie smurfs who can play with lower division clubmembers.

Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    I've been gonna a while.

What's a club?

OrokosPA.png
  • WhiteSharkWhiteShark Registered User regular
    Hiryu02 wrote: »
    I've played with Gergor, Jaef, SadSchaub etc. Thing is it can be difficult to get games in because a lot of PA guys are in widely different elo. I don't know how many high elo PA players even have lowbie smurfs who can play with lower division clubmembers.

I do have a smurf but I think it's normal mmr might be getting a bit high lol
    Infidel wrote: »
    I've been gonna a while.

What's a club?

it's basically a chatroom + a tag that is displayed next to your name in game

WhiteShark wrote: »
    Hiryu02 wrote: »

I do have a smurf but I think it's normal mmr might be getting a bit high lol

Also I guess it depends on what modes people want to play together. Do folks just want to do normals? Do we have folks that need help in ranked?

• DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    Well.

finally made it to my series for gold.

this has been one rough climb.

steam_sig.png
  • PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Club chat-rooms also are persistent, so you can see what's going on when you're not online.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular
    I've been gonna a while.

What's a club?

Infidel #heart

• Liquid GhostLiquid Ghost DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES, TOO?! Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    casn i paly malfite

i go topp k

I GO DEEP K

ROKC SOLLID

edit: playing kayle sometimes feels like working at a nursing home

someone's constantly shitting the bed and its up to you to clean it

Liquid Ghost on
  • InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    Roz wrote: »
    I've been gonna a while.

What's a club?

Infidel #heart

Oh god there's some arcane dragon thing or someother on my screen.

OrokosPA.png
  • PrjctD_CaptainPrjctD_Captain iFizzRegistered User regular
    Played Brand support for the first time in a normal. Wow that was a mean thing to do. That poor Ashe.

Steam: BrightWing
    PSN: BrightWing13 FFX|V:ARR Bright Asuna
  • GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    Played Brand support for the first time in a normal. Wow that was a mean thing to do. That poor Ashe.

Someone played Brand support against me today in ranked. That poor poor brand.

I took him to 25% Hp at level 1 for the first trade.

http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/2138824932/32634150?tab=overview

wbBv3fj.png
  • BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Ha, after the Soraka changes she's up to a 55% win rate.

They should have just left her alone.

• MrGrimoireMrGrimoire Pixflare Registered User regular
    I took Vayne out for a couple of normals yesterday and it went surprisingly well. She's still incredibly weak early, but once I got through that, it was fine.

Experimented a bit with builds and went BF - Phantom Dancers - Botrk in the first game and BT, PD, Maw, IE in the second. Worked pretty well, but I think I need to try the Gosu build of Botrk - Shiv - IE on her if I'm to take her into ranked.