As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX East 2016 BYOC Registration is Available

2»

• Options
    mayapplemayapple TennesseeRegistered User regular
    I think they've transitioned some new leadership in these areas and pax is still just new in general. I remember it coming earlier for previous easts.

e6txb8m8cavf.png

• Options
    RooslinRooslin Registered User regular
    I hope we get more information soon, along with group seating as I have a group of 12 that I'd like to lock in...

• Options
    TheYimTheYim Registered User regular
    Our current group is nearing 35 so far.

• Options
    hobbseltoffhobbseltoff Issaquah, WARegistered User regular
    A.Sabot wrote: »
    YEEEE BYOC!!!!! I hope BYOC BUCKLEY will be there again....

I talked to him at South, he said he's not going to East this year.

row1.pngrow2.png
  • Options
    mariomaster777mariomaster777 Registered User regular
    Same here. Our group is at 40 people.

• Options
    DreggorDreggor [E] PAX East PC Room Deputy Registered User regular
    HELLOOOO BYOC!!!

I will be getting a group seating and general BYOC info thread up in the coming days.

Stay Tuned!

-=Dreggor
    PAX Prime PC Room Deputy
    PAX East PC Room Deputy
  • Options
    MrFett21MrFett21 Registered User regular
    Dreggor wrote: »
    HELLOOOO BYOC!!!

I will be getting a group seating and general BYOC info thread up in the coming days.

Stay Tuned!

Hello Dreggor!

Thanks for the information, can this be announced via pax east 2016 twitter when its available? I wanna make sure I notice when its available and not forget haha

• Options
    I will see what I can do. :)

-=Dreggor
    PAX Prime PC Room Deputy
    PAX East PC Room Deputy
  • Options
    MechcondridMechcondrid CT, USARegistered User regular
    hey so that two plug limit thing; kinda weird? does the BCEC think they get to charge for each outlet on a power strip that gets plugged in?
    but ya if it's just 2 outlets how do they expect people to use peripherals? not a whole lot besides the basic stuff and some hotas sticks use little enough power to be usb only?
    for instance i was going to bring my DK2, (and the CV1 if it ships in time) which needs the power adapter plugged in to use the usb port on it reliably for the camera.

• Options
    TrandescentTrandescent Registered User regular
    Jeez, cutting it close this year guys :surprised:

8elUgf9.png

PAX East 2018 4-Day Pass [X] BYOC Pass [X] Hotel Reservation [X]

See y'all at PAX East 2018!
  • Options
    mayapplemayapple TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Pretty sure it's more to do with power use and the juice required. They have that rule for every BYOC I have attended with Pax and at a few at other conventions. You cannot daisy chain either. ie. its not allowed to plug another strip into your port. Essentially, everything has to be spliced to two plugs, or able to power off your computer itself. I personally dont bring a cool rig. I tote my laptop and a monitor. I make sure everything else can usb into my computer. I have bought some adapters for a few things.

Also, you have to think space allotment. Each space only fits one comp/monitor combo. If you are bringing a lot of stuff and you really NEED the plugs, you can always buy two spaces and have access to four plugs. I know some multi monitor people make that work.

e6txb8m8cavf.png

• Options
    MechcondridMechcondrid CT, USARegistered User regular
    edited March 2016
    mayapple wrote: »
    Pretty sure it's more to do with power use and the juice required. They have that rule for every BYOC I have attended with Pax and at a few at other conventions. You cannot daisy chain either. ie. its not allowed to plug another strip into your port. Essentially, everything has to be spliced to two plugs, or able to power off your computer itself. I personally dont bring a cool rig. I tote my laptop and a monitor. I make sure everything else can usb into my computer. I have bought some adapters for a few things.

Also, you have to think space allotment. Each space only fits one comp/monitor combo. If you are bringing a lot of stuff and you really NEED the plugs, you can always buy two spaces and have access to four plugs. I know some multi monitor people make that work.

well it's less about the size of the spot than that my mobo only has so many usb ports (so 6 ) the kb takes two off the bat hotas is two then the oculus is two so that leaves the mouse and headset cut out of being plugged in, i have a usb hub but it cuts out if i have more than 2 things in it with just the 500ma from the usb port; it's not like i need another 100 watts here just a wall wart to power a usb hub an extra amp to plug in the mouse headset and one of the hotas (or whatever else the hub takes for it's one port)

sorry forgot to say, my rig size wise is pretty modest:
    mid tower with a 23" screen (less than inch thick) then just the peripherals; the tower itself measures 22"Lx18"Dx~5"W the whole thing, tower, plugs, monitor, mouse, psu cords (and spares) fits in a cube hardcase that fits in most office chairs

Mechcondrid on
  • Options
    The BYOC Group seating and info mega thread is now open..

https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/204180/byoc-information-mega-thread#latest

-=Dreggor
    PAX Prime PC Room Deputy
    PAX East PC Room Deputy
  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    ^^

Geth, close this thread.

• Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Affirmative zerzhul. Closing thread...

This discussion has been closed.