As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Going solo (ONE Halo team spot OPEN)

Seth410Seth410 Registered User regular
edited August 2004 in PAX Archive
Anyone else reinforcing gamer stereotypes and going to PAX unencumbered by others?

Member of Room 520 (04)/512 (05) ...and then some other rooms in 06 and 07, I lost track.
Seth410 on

• AndrewgeddonAndrewgeddon Registered User regular
    edited June 2004
    Bah, I might end up going solo. First the Portland caravan died, and now it looks like the West Coast Supertrip is dying as well. Hell, I can't ever find 3 other people to share a hotel room with. But oh well, as long as I get to play some video games, its all good.

Andrewgeddon on
    Mastadons beware.... The AndrewgeddoN is coming for yoooooou!
  • Seth410Seth410 Registered User regular
    edited June 2004
    That's the spirit! Who needs 'em, quitters!!!! :P

Seth410 on
    Member of Room 520 (04)/512 (05) ...and then some other rooms in 06 and 07, I lost track.
    edited June 2004
    C'mon! I know your out there!

We'll form a Loner All-Star Halo team!!!

Seth410 on
  • switchstanceswitchstance Registered User regular
    edited June 2004
    You go solo twice a day.

switchstance on
    test1.jpg
  • HboxHbox Registered User regular
    edited June 2004
    I'm a loner only because I'm slightly less poor than my friends.

Hbox on
    720551nt8.png
    PSN ID : HBoxx
  • Optimus WangOptimus Wang Registered User regular
    edited June 2004
    Hbox wrote:
    I'm a loner only because I'm slightly less poor than my friends.
    So you have more money than them. Awesome, you can buy new friends.

Optimus Wang on
    Din wrote:
    I'd be Optimus Wang, and come out with just a bathrobe on and drink maple syrup out of a coffee mug.
    ani-me.jpg
  • Red Machine DRed Machine D __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2004
    The supertrip is dying? O_o

Red Machine D on
  • HenslerHensler Registered User regular
    edited June 2004
    Seth410 wrote:
    C'mon! I know your out there!

We'll form a Loner All-Star Halo team!!!

More like a Loser All-Star Halo team...

Hensler on
    edited June 2004
    Wow, what a great line, I'm going to go cry myself to sleep now.

Hbox, think of the great story you'll have to tell when you get back!

Hey have them get credit cards with frequent flyer miles, two month worth of expenses plus any kind of sign up bonus and they should be close! It only cost me 25k miles.

...this is of course if you and your firends are not 12 years old or anything, what do I know?

Seth410 on
  • MrDigitalMrDigital Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2004
    I'm going Solo now. I was trying to get my cousin to come with me but he wimped out. So to hell with him.

MrDigital on
    mrdigital.png
    MrDigital.jpg
    edited June 2004
    Good for you! You can Join my Halo team!!!

Seth410 on
  • SuperFlyTNTSuperFlyTNT Registered User regular
    edited June 2004
    It sucks for me I'm the one who has been trying to get all my friends to go and now I wont be able to go on the 28th, so they will all prolly go with out me. Oh well I'll be there to party that night and to nerd it up on sunday.

SuperFlyTNT on
    "Contact with alien races always renews one's faith in humanity. It is my belief that foreign travel narrows the mind wonderfully"
    -Helem Boesch-
  • BorfaseBorfase __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2004
    I am. I doubt I'm actually gonna play any games there. Except if I make it into the Omegathon.

Borfase on
    duhhhh i like spaghetti-o's lolz
    edited June 2004
    Halo team! C'mon, don't let my avatar fool you, I do have arms and legs!!!

Seth410 on
  • DrakenulDrakenul Registered User regular
    edited June 2004
    I'll be solo there, but FPSs aren't really my thing...

Drakenul on
  • VID-IOTVID-IOT Registered User regular
    edited June 2004
    Four people, One car.

VID-IOT on
    -Lord of All that is Pointless
    edited June 2004
    Drakenul wrote:
    I'll be solo there, but FPSs aren't really my thing...

it's cool, have fun!

Seth410 on
  • DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited July 2004
    Man, I'm so poor, the only way I could go solo would be to ride my bike. Let's see... Wichita, KS to what, Seattle? That's like... 40 days, 3 knee surgeries, and a killer wedgie. Maybe for the texas meet.

Unknown User on
  • sPider817sPider817 Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2004
    Hi, new to the forums, but saw this thread and thought I'd chime in. I'll be going solo, only because most of the people I know that like Penny Arcade can't afford to go, and there's no way in hell that I can foot their bill. Unless, of course, they were really cute chicks and I wasn't engaged.
    -sPider

sPider817 on
    Battlenet: s314der#1279 XBL: s314der YouTube
    Twitch Wed-Sun, 2-5pm CST
    edited July 2004
    Seth,

I'm from Bloomingdale and I'm trying to get my buddies to head out there with me with no luck so far. Care to turn your Solo into a Duo? I would also be honored to join your Halo team, so that we may secure our rightful position of last place.

Unknown User on
  • Penguin Born To FragPenguin Born To Frag Registered User regular
    edited July 2004
    I'm going solo, I'll walk if I need...but I aint joining NO DAMN HALO team...isnt that the whole thing about solo, your solo? ZZZ If anything I'd only join a DD, SSBM or CS team...zzz

Penguin Born To Frag on
    "Hard Work Often Pays Off After Time, but Laziness Always Pays Off Now." - Funny 'motivational' poster on ThinkGeek.com
    edited July 2004
    KabuKi wrote:
    Seth,

I'm from Bloomingdale and I'm trying to get my buddies to head out there with me with no luck so far. Care to turn your Solo into a Duo? I would also be honored to join your Halo team, so that we may secure our rightful position of last place.

(sorry, was gone on bizness)

Sweet! You’re definitely in! And I'll be willing to bet there are more teams like ours, since the further away people are from Seattle the less chance their going to be a part of a four man team.

I wanna participate in PAX to the fullest and I know others want to as well. We may not win, BUT I'LL BE DAMNED IF I GO DOWN WITHOUT A FIGHT!!!!

Seth410 on
  • coolpcoolp Registered User regular
    edited August 2004
    I'd love to join, I couldn't get any friends to come, and I want to be able to play in the Halo tourney, even though it'll be hard to get used to after the H2 beta. I'm actually turning 16 on the 28th and trying to figure out whether to go on the first day or not...

coolp on
    sig.php?tag=coolp1
  • Zombies Tossed My Salad!Zombies Tossed My Salad! Registered User regular
    edited August 2004
    I'll join up fro yout Halo team. I'm acctually a decent player too.

Zombies Tossed My Salad! on
    edited August 2004
    Sweet! We have a new team member! (coolp, if you want to play you HAVE to be there at 10am on the first day)

The Current Team (do we need a name?)

Seth410, of Chicago

KabuKi, of Bloomingdale, IL

ZeroZero, of Oregon City, Oregon

With 3 weeks still to go, we're in good shape!!!! One spot left!!!

Seth410 on
  • tristamtristam Registered User regular
    edited August 2004
    add me!! YGPM btw.

Im from Duvall, WA

tristam on
    edited August 2004
    The Team is Complete!!!

The Current Team (really, do we need a name?)

Seth410, of Chicago

KabuKi, of Bloomingdale, IL

ZeroZero, of Oregon City, Oregon

Tristam of Duvall, WA

Nothing to Lose, Everything to Gain.

Seth410 on
  • super...super... __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2004
    I’m going with a ton of friends however we are going the cheep way (I.E. no hotel room) looks like it's sponge baths, car sleeping and 24/7 BK dining for me!

super... on
    edited August 2004
    Oh man, take it from someone who knows, buy WetNaps and Fabreeze. Your fellow con-goers will thank you.

Wear a hat also, or better yet, shave you heads. That way if your into cosplay you can go as Bonk.

Seth410 on
    edited August 2004
    Ok, this message is for my team: We will meet at the Halo tourney registration table; it will be under my name, Seth Robison. If it is necessary to give a team name, it has been decided that it will be Rogue Squadron, a name befitting our nature. Look for either one, or failing that, this handsome devil (see pic thru link in sig)[/img]

Seth410 on
  • tristamtristam Registered User regular
    edited August 2004
    fuck, i gotta pull out man! im sorry, there are a shit load of others on the main page looking for members. Im really sorry for the last minute!!

tristam on
    edited August 2004
    A spot has opened! Post here to join us!!

Seth410 on
    edited August 2004
    I'm going with my brother, maybe a few of his friends, and I'm attempting to get an attractive woman to go.

Unknown User on