As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

astonishing Moments of the Goddamn week 11/7/07

augustaugust where you come from is goneRegistered User regular
edited November 2007 in Graphic Violence
ay ex em

To me, my X-Men.

august on

• Options
    KVWKVW Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I'll see your Astonishing and raise you some Illuminator Skrulls
    Seriously there be spiolers for New Avengers Illuminati #5.
    1194479060708ux0.jpg

Blackbolt. Skrull. Last 30 years.

1194479365947kz9.jpg

More Skrulls.

KVW on
  • Options
    HooraydiationHooraydiation Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    KVW wrote: »
    1194479060708ux0.jpg

1194479365947kz9.jpg

More Skrulls.

When does this take place?

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    1194479060708ux0.jpg

1194479365947kz9.jpg

More Skrulls.

When does this take place?
    After WWH

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Holy shit FUCK. Wow. I missed Illuminati at the store and wasn't really looking for it because I guess I thought nothing was gonna happen. Holy shit.

august on
  • Options
    wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Yeah, Illuminati was just nuts.
    Those damn Skrulls were like fucking Super Skrull combined with the Super Adaptoid.

The rest of my books were solid, but they didn't have any "HOLY FUCK" moments. Well, except Thor Rebirth, since it featured Tony getting a more humiliating beating than Hulk put on him.

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    But seriously Astonishing astonished my face right the fuck off.

M.O.D.O.K.'s 11 ending was amazing. That has to been the most fun Marvel book I've read in a decade.

august on
  • Options
    Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2007
    1194479060708ux0.jpg

1194479365947kz9.jpg

More Skrulls.

Holy fuck.

Me Too! on
  • Options
    Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Astonishing X-Men and Illuminati for sure. I mean, seriously. Astonishing reminded me why I bother with the book, and Illuminati made me wonder why the hell I haven't gotten any of the past issues.

Plus, Astonishing X-Men gave me one of 'those' moments
    When Scott was asked about what else he lied about, the last panel before turning the page. That smirk was just awesome, because I immediately realized why he was a smirking. There was a big "Oh no way" before I turned the page and he blasted the dude all to hell.

Vann Diras on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Yes, it was beautiful.

And now as I am paging through it, it's about fifty percent ads. I thought it seemed kinda big. Fucking annoying.

august on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Since Annihilation: Conquest is getting no love,
    highevoqt0.jpg

High Evolutionary bitches! Lots of history with Adam Warlock, should be interesting.

ultronyx0.jpg

Boobtron? Is that you?

KVW on
  • Options
    AccualtAccualt Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Lol! wrote: »
    1194479060708ux0.jpg

1194479365947kz9.jpg

More Skrulls.

Holy fuck.

Holy fuck.
    So is Blackbolt dead or did all of the Inhumans leave our, I don't know, galaxy so the Skrulls moved in? Is that suppose to be Skrull Thor and Skrull Collossus?

30 years, that is a god damn megaton. Gosh...and I've always really liked Blackbolt, too.

Accualt on
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited November 2007
    Astonishing was fucking amazing.
    I haven't said "Holy fuck at a comic book for a while until I turned the page to see Scott blasting the shit out of everything in sight.

Illuminati was ridiculous and
    I hope that the Thor and Colossus that came back were the real thing and that the Skrull were just trying to play up that angle in the issue.

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Concerning the Illuminati questions:
    It's not technically said that Blackbolt has been replaced for 30 years. i just assume its been that long since the events of issue 1. I'm sure it will be explained eventually how it fits into place. He might only have replaced him in Silent War.

And the Thor and Colossus arent the ones that came back. Skrullossus has Nightcrawlers tail and shot optic beams if Im not mistaken. I think it was just to show they could duplicate any powers as well as fuck with their heads as those 2 just came back.

KVW on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Also M.O.D.O.K.'s 11 had a Watchmen parody.

august on
  • Options
    Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Jesus holy fucking fuck fuck fuck.

I was going to buy CoD4 but I'm thinking maybe I'll buy comics this week after all.

Sars_Boy on
  • Options
    wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    KVW, I didn't list Conquest because the ending was spoiled days ago. Also, it lacked a majority of the people on the cover.
    Seeing the High Evolutionary was neat, since he had a conversation with Beast back in Endangered Species. This is a good explanation for why he conducted the conversation via hologram.

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Ya, I'm not sure why Marvel went and sent out preview copies of Conquest last week. Did they think it wouldnt get spoiled for some reason?

Also, here's Reed's civil reaction to Namor stealing his wife for the last time in this week's Fantastic Four. It was actually a pretty good start to this time travel / Civil War 100 ideas follow up story.
    1194492288286rd2.jpg

edit: One last moment. Machine Man. LMD body. Gold.
    1194495848531zr4.jpg

KVW on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited November 2007
    I have no clue what is going on in Infinity Inc.

I get the feeling the book will be canceled pretty soon

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Freddy vs Jason vs Ash was pretty sweet, guys.

I mean, it's the first issue, so it's setting stuff up... but still. Pretty sweet. Ash isn't seen much, but he narrates the whole thing, and it is golden.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Y - The Last Man
    Yorick whipping out 355's baton and going to town on Alter was pretty fucking awesome. But still, GODDAMN IT BKV WHY DID YOU KILL 355 FUCKING FUCK FUCK

Mai-Kero on
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    So Black Bolt is a Skrull and Reed just shot Namor's head off of his shoulders?

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    BlankspaceBlankspace __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2007
    On the Illuminati spoilers:
    Black Bolt hasn't been a Skrull for 30 years, Bendis said that the latest the skrull replacements go back to is Avengers Dissassembled so it would be around that time.

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    We've seen Black Bolt use his powers since then. Most likely, after being hit by Maximus, the U.S., and the Hulk, Attilan is gone, and the Inhumans are either dead, or have left. The Skrull just capitalized on that.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    So...about Namor, um
    Dead for sure (not some fucked up "what if?" deal)?)

Caveman Paws on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    So...about Namor, um
    Dead for sure (not some fucked up "what if?" deal)?)

Future Namor.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    We've seen Black Bolt use his powers since then. Most likely, after being hit by Maximus, the U.S., and the Hulk, Attilan is gone, and the Inhumans are either dead, or have left. The Skrull just capitalized on that.
    How would that change anything? As seen in the scans, the Skrulls can now duplicate any power, why should Black Bolt's be different?

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Note: I haven't picked up my comics yet this week, so if there's something that says that they specifically can't do that then my bad.

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I'm at work and I don't have it in front of me to reproduce the quote, but Aaron Stack in Ms. Marvel with the LMD and Araña.

CREEPY.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    mattharvestmattharvest Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    So, re: Illuminati,
    does this mean they now have the Space gem?

mattharvest on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Malkor wrote: »
    I'm at work and I don't have it in front of me to reproduce the quote, but Aaron Stack in Ms. Marvel with the LMD and Araña.

CREEPY.
    Valuable. Female. Wisdom.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I haven't read Illuminati yet, but I need to know:
    The skrull Thor and skrull Collosus aren't real, right? They just show up, and haven't really been in hiding? 'cause Collosus' recent return might be ripe from skrullness and that would fucking suckass.

Mai-Kero on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Mai-Kero wrote: »
    I haven't read Illuminati yet, but I need to know:
    The skrull Thor and skrull Collosus aren't real, right? They just show up, and haven't really been in hiding? 'cause Collosus' recent return might be ripe from skrullness and that would fucking suckass.
    The Skrulls would have to be working with Ord of the Breakworld, so I doubt it. As for Thor, he has his own series now, and he's recreating Asgard, along with the Asgardians. That might be slightly out of the Skrulls' powerset.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    AlgertmanAlgertman Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    All-Star Moment of the week?

Algertman on
  • Options
    AlgertmanAlgertman Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Freddy v. Jason v. Ash
    Freddy fucks Jason's mom

Algertman on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Algertman wrote: »
    All-Star Moment of the week?
    Mr. Summers. No question.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    In a month where I was honestly considering dropping comics in general in favor of going for an all trade buying future I have become re-inspired.

EVERYTHING I read this week had an "Oh fuck" moment. Biggest highlights go to Y The Last Man, Illuminati, and Astonishing with one of the best Wolvering moments ever:
    "I'm gonna crack up here, I'm cracking up."

SatanIsMyMotor on
  • Options
    BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Malkor wrote: »

CREEPY.
    Valuable. Female. Wisdom.
    msmarvel21.jpg

Also, Agent Sum...
    Totally a Skrull

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    The only reason I don't consider Y's reveal to be that much of an "oh Fuck" moment is because next issues will be even more awesome. Especially with that cover.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Keith wrote: »

Isn't it just an 8-part mini?

Munch on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Munch wrote: »
    Keith wrote: »

Isn't it just an 8-part mini?
    The timing is pretty screwed up, as the Everyman New Years happens about "a year and a half ago". Meaning, as far as I can tell, the Countdown is over, and probably Final Crisis as well. Unless my math sucks.

Fencingsax on