As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Penny Arcade - Comic - Universal Constant

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited March 2016 in The Penny Arcade Hub

imagePenny Arcade - Comic - Universal Constant

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Options
    NemrexNemrex Registered User regular
    Yeah, that pretty much sums up most Free 2 Play games.

• Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    edited March 2016
    Nemrex wrote: »
    Yeah, that pretty much sums up most Free 2 Play games life.

kzen315xmv6a.png

MichaelLC on
  • Options
    poipoigirlpoipoigirl Registered User regular
    Tycho is still a better Dad then mine was.

• Options
    RenegadePhantomRenegadePhantom Registered User regular
    MichaelLC wrote: »

kzen315xmv6a.png

To be fair, all three are insane racists. Trump's just honest about. Either of those three would be disastrous.

• Options
    dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    To be fair, all three are insane racists. Trump's just honest about. Either of those three would be disastrous.

To be fair, you're proving his point about buying your way to success.

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    edited March 2016

kzen315xmv6a.png
    Trump has spent relatively very little money on his campaign. If you could straight up buy national elections, Jeb would be decisive winner. Although I don't know if this is really the appropriate thread to discuss Donald Trump.

Coinage on
  • Options
    DissentDissent Mr. Fancy Pants Flavour CountryRegistered User regular

kzen315xmv6a.png

Analogy works better on the Democratic side, where party-connections, media support, and all the other sort of prestige marks of wealth have determined the course of the race.

• Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    Yeah, it's purely from a money standpoint on both sides.

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    Coinage wrote: »

kzen315xmv6a.png
    Trump has spent relatively very little money on his campaign. If you could straight up buy national elections, Jeb would be decisive winner. Although I don't know if this is really the appropriate thread to discuss Donald Trump.
    Jeb blew thru 100 mill. He essentially said he was running, looked at the field, realized it looked bad and just raised some money for himself, and it looks like he'll get to take home 24 million dollars, there are rules, but with PACs the loops holes are pretty huge.

• Options
    Coinage wrote: »

Enh, I'd argue Trump is leading BECAUSE he's a billionaire who has huge amounts of press attention due to his various previous expeditures. But it's a fair point about campaign spending in this particular election.

• Options
    ATF_GriffATF_Griff Registered User regular
    So it's pay 2 win?

• Options
    GgrecoGgreco Maker of Arts Seattle, WARegistered User, Administrator, Penny Arcade Staff staff
    I'm proud of everyone for their civil discourse regarding politics.

• Options
    edited March 2016
    Ggreco wrote: »
    I'm proud of everyone for their civil discourse regarding politics.

I think everyone with a brain is just so embarrassed about how fucked up it is, they just couldn't.

dennis on
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    Guys, we've got threads for this stuff in debate and discourse.

cB557 on
  • Options
    Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    I like this comic. :):+1:

• Options
    Zefrem23Zefrem23 Registered User new member
    Is Jerry talking about Clash Royale or another, unnamed game when he's talking about "a Korean free-to-play Monopoly"?

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    cB557 wrote: »
    Guys, we've got threads for this stuff in debate and discourse.

We're not looking to take on new moderators at the moment. Please use your report button when you have an issue.

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    I appreciate the sad look Tycho has when he confirms his daughter's belief.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Quid wrote: »
    I appreciate the sad look Tycho has when he confirms his daughter's belief.

I thought that was his son...

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    squidgetsquidget Registered User regular
    Zefrem23 wrote: »
    Is Jerry talking about Clash Royale or another, unnamed game when he's talking about "a Korean free-to-play Monopoly"?

I assumed he was talking about Game of Dice? I've tried that game and it has all the elements that I like but it was just too loud/busy on the screen. I couldn't figure out exactly what I was suppose to be doing.

"Work is the curse of the drinking class." - Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    Zefrem23Zefrem23 Registered User new member
    squidget wrote: »
    I assumed he was talking about Game of Dice? I've tried that game and it has all the elements that I like but it was just too loud/busy on the screen. I couldn't figure out exactly what I was suppose to be doing.

Thanks for this, Jerry can sometimes get a bit Byzantine in his phrasing and the boy does go off on tangents :)