As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Welcome to Wrestlemania Week [Wrestling]

• Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    This is a fine closing match for Raw.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
  • Options
    411Randle411Randle Librarian Oook.Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    You know, I used to have a crappy little garage band back in high school. We never released any albums, but we did a couple covers of some songs and it was a fun way to kill time.

To make a long story short, our cover of "Sweet Child of Mine" was just named an Official Theme Song of WrestleMania.

411Randle on
    1) Silence 2) Books must be returned by the last date shown 3) Do not interfere with the nature of causality
  • Options
    HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular
    Cody is so good...I wish they cared

Inside of a dog...it's too dark to read.
  • Options
    someone who is going to mania should make an "OWENS FEARS ZAYN" sign

• Options
    Hawkstone wrote: »

If they don't give him anything important to do after Mania, yeah there isn't much hope.

Unless Amell wants and is able to do a singles match.

• Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Oh good, the assholes have finally taken over.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    Nirya wrote: »

The hell are they chanting

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Sami got this crowd back on track and I love it to death

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    Nirya wrote: »

The hell are they chanting

I think there was a brief CM Punk,
    Then an Ole' and then Cody

• Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular

Cody has been gone for years, let it go

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    Kevin cheering on Miz is great.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
  • Options
    InvectivusInvectivus Registered User regular
    Invectivus wrote: »
    We need the 30 minute song and dance number, a 15 minute Rhonda Rousey/Steph stare down, and a 30 minute opening monologue by Hulk Hogan on coming back to the WWE. Plus with the Undertaker's entrance, the Women's title will be reduced to a 5 minute match (intro's included) that ends in a roll up.

I know it's groan inducing to ask this but seriously why are you even watching right now.

I'm not. I throw RAW on until I finish dinner, then turn it off and do something productive. I tablet watch through the forums. I don't even remember the last full RAW I have watched.

I mean you despise the product so why are you even doing that.

I don't "despise" the product per se, I just get tired of watching the same thing over and over again. I "follow" along with the forums to see others cry those delicious tears, or to see if there is a moment that I should PVR the encore and watch.

I have been watching wrestling since the mid 90's and was even a frequent ticket buyer to Stampede wrestling, but, this product that they are trying to sell is like a gold bar inside of a mouldy, smelly chewed up box. You want to open the box, but after a while, you just give up, because you don't want to get your hands dirty

• Options
    Anyway, they're doing that "chant for people who aren't there" thing, as we just got an RVD chant and had a CM Punk one prior.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
  • Options
    SproutSprout Registered User regular
    Kevin Owens: still the best.

• Options
    I think when Srardust went to fix his zipper they thought he was doing RVD...hehehe

• Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    CM Punk, RVD, Cody Rhodes, all these chants for wrestlers that aren't in the WWE.

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    We need the 30 minute song and dance number, a 15 minute Rhonda Rousey/Steph stare down, and a 30 minute opening monologue by Hulk Hogan on coming back to the WWE. Plus with the Undertaker's entrance, the Women's title will be reduced to a 5 minute match (intro's included) that ends in a roll up.

I know it's groan inducing to ask this but seriously why are you even watching right now.

I'm not. I throw RAW on until I finish dinner, then turn it off and do something productive. I tablet watch through the forums. I don't even remember the last full RAW I have watched.

I mean you despise the product so why are you even doing that.

I don't "despise" the product per se, I just get tired of watching the same thing over and over again. I "follow" along with the forums to see others cry those delicious tears, or to see if there is a moment that I should PVR the encore and watch.

I have been watching wrestling since the mid 90's and was even a frequent ticket buyer to Stampede wrestling, but, this product that they are trying to sell is like a gold bar inside of a mouldy, smelly chewed up box. You want to open the box, but after a while, you just give up, because you don't want to get your hands dirty

Fair enough

• Options
    I couldn't make out that last chant

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    This crowd is being jerks yes but it's also a bad sign that all 6 of these guys are wrestling and WWE can't get them to care for the most part.

• Options
    Or maybe they're already rebelling over Eva coming back.

• Options
    this whole show has been pretty not great

I can somewhat understand them being bored

chanting for wrestlers who aren't there is still really dumb tho

• Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    I don't think there's a wrestling crowd anywhere that cares enough about Eva to remember their negative reaction the second she leaves line of sight.

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    Look the important part is when Sami gets tagged everyone sings Ole Ole Oleee

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    SproutSprout Registered User regular
    It's almost like 3 hours is too long for a weekly wrestling show.

• Options
    411Randle411Randle Librarian Oook.Registered User regular
    For a go-home show for WrestleMania, this has been...underwhelming, to say the least. They kind of needed a home-run show, and instead they played it as safe as possible, barring the opening segment.

1) Silence 2) Books must be returned by the last date shown 3) Do not interfere with the nature of causality
  • Options
    This crowd is being jerks yes but it's also a bad sign that all 6 of these guys are wrestling and WWE can't get them to care for the most part.

Well...it's tough to get
    People to care when all but two of these people have been booked like crap for years and of the remaining two one has been hurt

• Options
    They can't even get rhythmic clapping.

The fuck is going on

• Options
    BloodsheedBloodsheed Registered User regular
    Did the turnbuckle cover just spontaneously go "Fuck it, I'm out"?

Xbox Live, Steam, PSN: Eclibull
  • Options
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Look the important part is when Sami gets tagged everyone sings Ole Ole Oleee

Or at least like... seven people.

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    Sprout wrote: »

It wouldn't be if you spent anytime doing anything with the remaining 80% of
    Your roster

• Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    Sami does a good job of pulling hte crowd back in. Now granted that's because he has the task of delivering all the fiery babyface offense but still it's good to see he's getting over on the main roster.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Sami wins RAW!

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    411Randle wrote: »
    For a go-home show for WrestleMania, this has been...underwhelming, to say the least. They kind of needed a home-run show, and instead they played it as safe as possible, barring the opening segment.

Can you blame them? All of the shit that's gone wrong, I'd just hope for a week where nothing breaks.

• Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    hahahaha fuck sami finally pins the guy whos fucked him up the most in wwe in a throwaway six man tag

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    I'm working on a thread, enjoy this one for an hour or so

• Options
    That finish was fucking great and I love it to death

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    BloodsheedBloodsheed Registered User regular
    Owens shouting "Cody, get back here!" was a nice touch.

Xbox Live, Steam, PSN: Eclibull
  • Options
    Sprout wrote: »

It wouldn't be if you spent anytime doing anything with the remaining 80% of
    Your roster

This really needs to be dealt with after Mania. They probably won't of course.

• Options
    edited March 2016
    The lesson that needs to be learned here will be completely fucking missed by Vince, I know it

Dammit I need to remember my positivity pledge

wirehead26 on
This discussion has been closed.