As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Wrestling Thread] Wrestlemania Weekend! Today: Wrestlemania!

NiryaNirya Registered User regular
edited April 2016 in Social Entropy++
WELCOME TO WRESTLEMANIA WEEK! HERE IS THE ITINERARY:

March 31-April 3: Wrestlemania Axxess is open. From the website:
WrestleMania Axxess - WWE’s one-of-a-kind interactive fan festival – will take place over four days at the Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center, Thursday, March 31 through Sunday, April 3. The WWE Universe will get unprecedented access to their favorite WWE Superstars, Divas and Legends through a host of interactive activities held throughout the convention center, including more autograph signings and live-matches than ever before. This is one event WWE fans of all ages will want to be part of.

Axxess is actually really cool and gives you the chance to interact with a bunch of Superstars and see some lesser-utilized wrestlers get matches. If you want to watch Sandow have a match outside the ARMBAR, this is the place to be.

Thursday March 31: NWA Parade of Champions - Welcome to the last gasps of a dying organization (non-TNA division). There isn't much actually on this card (although both Veda Scott and Chase Owens got booked, which is something), and it isn't available to stream, but if you're in the Fort Worth area and need your wrestling fix on a Thursday, you should consider just tuning in to Smackdown.

April 1-April 3: WrestleCon - I mean, with a name like WrestleCon, this seems pretty obvious. WrestleCon is essentially non-WWE Axxess, featuring basically everyone from outside the WWE label. There will also be a few shows at WrestleCon which we'll cover in a bit.

April 1: Evolve 58 (4 PM CST Bell-time) - The first of nine independent shows being held during Wrestlemania weekend. The lineup for this show:

EVOLVE Championship Match - EVOLVE 56 Rematch
Timothy Thatcher defends vs. Matt Riddle

EVOLVE Tag Team Championship Match - If Nese & Konley Lose They Can't Team Again
Johnny Gargano & Drew Galloway defend vs. The Premier Athlete Brand of Anthony Nese & Caleb Konley w/ So Cal Val & Andrea

Best In The World Challenge Series - The Flyer
Zack Sabre Jr. vs. Will Ospreay

Tag Team Challenge Match
Heros. Eventually. Die. of Chris Hero & Tommy End vs. Catch Point of Drew Gulak & Tracy Williams

Special Attraction Match
Ricochet vs. TJ Perkins

Special Challenge Match #1
Sami Callihan vs. Ethan Page

Special Challenge Match #2
Marty Scurll vs. Fred Yehi

The show is an iPPV and will be available on www.WWNLive.com for $9.99 live ($14.99 includes the VOD), or on the WWN Roku channel or the FITE app.

April 1: ROH Supercard of Honor Day 1 (7:30 PM CST Start Time) - RoH's first show of the weekend. Supercard of Honor used to be a PPV, but this is apparently just a double shot of a TV taping. Still, here is the card:
*MAIN EVENT* - THE YOUNG BUCKS (MATT & NICK JACKSON) vs MOTOR CITY MACHINE GUNS (ALEX SHELLEY & CHRIS SABIN)
ROH WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP - JAY LETHAL (c) w/ Taeler Hendrix vs LIO RUSH
ACH vs ADAM COLE
8 MAN TAG TEAM MATCH
JAY & MARK BRISCOE/WAR MACHINE (RAY ROWE & HANSON) vs ALL NIGHT EXPRESS (RHETT TITUS & KENNY KING)/SILAS YOUNG & BEER CITY BRUISER
RODERICK STRONG vs MOOSE w/ Stokely Hathaway
REBORN MATT SYDAL vs KYLE O'REILLY
CHRISTOPHER DANIELS vs BOBBY FISH

April 1: Combat Zone Wrestling (8 PM CST Start Time) - You won't watch this show live because another show happens two hours later that you need to prepare for, but the card itself has some intriguing stuff. Here is the card:

NO ROPE BARBED-WIRE MATCH
Masada vs. Matt Tremont

Sami Callihan vs. Bull James

WSU WOMEN'S TITLE MATCH
Jessicka Havock vs. Cherry Bomb

Dave Crist vs. David Star

Tim Donst vs. Joe Gacy,

TABLES MATCH
Nation of Intoxication (Danny Havoc, Devon Moore, & Lucky 13) vs. Amazing Gulaks (Drew and Rory Gulak) & Chuck Taylor

The show is an iPPV and will be available on www.WWNLive.com for $9.99 live ($14.99 includes the VOD), or on the WWN Roku channel or the FITE app.

April 1: NXT Takeover: Dallas (10 PM CST Start Time) - The main event of Friday night. You don't need me to hype this up at all, so here's the card one more time:
NXT Championship: Finn Balor (c) vs Samoa Joe
NXT Women's Championship: Bayley (c) vs Asuka
Sami Zayn vs Shinsuke Nakamura
NXT Tag Team Championship: The Revival (Dash and Dawson) (c) vs American Alpha (Jason Jordon and Chad Gable)
Apollo Crews vs Elias Samson
Austin Aries vs Baron Corbin

The show will be streaming live on the WWE Network.

April 1: Kaiju Big Battel (Midnight CST Start Time) - Consider this the pleasant dessert to consume after Takeover ends (there will probably be some overlap between the end of Takeover and the start of this). KBB is wrestling distilled down to it's most fun and over-the-top, as exemplified by the card, taken straight from the WWN website (and note that this card does not include the probable appearance by Kota Ibushi):
The Main Main Event 6: Triple Action Faction match for the Kaiju Grand Championship, Three factions, One prize. Silver Potato vs Dr. Cube vs ???

Main Event 5: The People's Choice Championship Cup, Kaiju fans decide with their votes who will be the peoples champ. Contestants will be announced one week before the show.

Main Event 4: Arm Wrestling Championship Match, Dusto Bunny defends his title against Steam Powered Tentacle Boulder

Main Event 3: Triplicity Team Title, 2 teams of 3 will dial it up to 11 to capture this belt. RoBox will decide in the coming weeks on the line up.

Main Event 2: Classified by the NSA ?

Main Event 1: Fighto for the Southern Division Championship Belt, Paco Plantain vs Hell Monkey to find out who will be the first ever Southern Division Champ

April 2: Evolve 59 (12 PM CST Start time) - The second Evolve show of the weekend. Here is the card:
USA vs. Europe Series Match #1
Ricochet vs. Will Ospreay

USA vs. Europe Series Match #2
EVOLVE Champion Timothy Thatcher vs. Marty Scurll

USA vs. Europe Series Match #3 - Best In The World Challenge Series - The Fighter
Zack Sabre Jr. vs. Matt Riddle

USA vs. Europe Series Match #4
TJ Perkins vs. Tommy End

EVOLVE Tag Team Championship Match (If Gargano & Galloway Retain At EVOLVE 57)
Johnny Gargano & Drew Galloway defend vs. Catch Point of Drew Gulak & Tracy Williams

Special Attraction Match
Chris Hero vs. Fred Yehi

Special Challenge Match
Sami Callihan vs. Anthony Nese w/ So Cal Val & Andrea

Bonus Match
Ethan Page vs. a wrestler from the WWN Seminar/Tryout

April 2: RoH Supercard of Honor Day 2 (2 PM CST Start time) - The second RoH show of the weekend, and actually billed as a TV taping. The card:
*MAIN EVENT* - NO HOLDS BARRED MATCH - Adam Cole vs Kyle O’Reilly
2 Out of 3 Falls - Bobby Fish vs Roderick Strong
4 Corner Survival #1 Contenders Match - The Addiction vs The Briscoes vs The Motor City Machine Guns vs The Young Bucks
The All Night Express vs Reborn Matt Sydal & ACH
Plus...
ROH World Champion Jay Lethal w/ Taeler Hendrix
ROH World Tag Team Champions War Machine (Ray Rowe & Hanson)
Moose w/ Stokely Hathaway
Silas Young & Beer City Bruiser
Adam Page
Dalton Castle w/ The Boys

April 2: Shimmer 80 (4 PM CST Start time) - The premiere independent women's promotion has a show this weekend as well, featuring a tournament to crown the first-ever Heart of Shimmer Champion. The participants include:
Former 2x SHIMMER Champion Cheerleader Melissa
Former SHIMMER Champion Nicole Matthews
SHIMMER Tag Team Champion Cherry Bomb
SHIMMER Tag Team Champion Kimber Lee
Candice LeRae
Veda Scott
Jessicka Havok
Nicole Savoy
Leva Bates
Heidi Lovelace
LuFisto
Crazy Mary Dobson

April 2: WWE Hall of Fame Ceremony (6:30 CST Start Time) - The fanciest night in the WWE, where we honor past greats and also the Fabulous Freebirds. The show will be streaming live on the WWE Network.

April 2: WrestleCon Supershow (8 CST Start time) - The third WrestleCon event of the weekend (the other two being RoH). Much like the RoH shows, I do not think this will be available immediately for viewing, but here is the card anyway:
5-Way Monsters Ball Match - Trevor Lee vs AR Fox vs Abyss vs Andrew Everett vs Jeff Hardy
Matt Hardy vs Lance Storm
10 Man Tag Captains Choice Match - Team Joey Ryan vs Team Jeff Jarrett (other participants not named yet)
Lucha Trios Match - Tigre Uno, Jack Evans, and Bestia 666 v Drago, Aerostar, and Fireball

April 2: Mercury Rising Supershow (8 CST Start time) - A supershow featuring stars from all of the previous WWN shows, but essentially a glorified Evolve show. Here is the card:
The Six Man Tag Team Tradition Continues - Days Of Future Past
Kota Ibushi, Johnny Gargano & TJ Perkins
vs.
Will Ospreay, Tommy End & Marty Scurll

EVOLVE Championship Match (If Thatcher Is Still Champion)
Timothy Thatcher defends vs. Sami Callihan

Best In The World Challenge Series - The Rival
Zack Sabre Jr. vs. Chris Hero

SHINE Championship Match
Taylor Made w/ So Cal Val & Andrea defends vs. Ivelisse

FIP World Heavyweight Title Fatal Four Way
Caleb Konley w/ So Cal Val & Andrea defends vs. FIP Florida Heritage Champion Maxwell Chicago vs. Gary Jay vs. Jason Cade

Anything Goes
Ethan Page vs. Anthony Nese w/ So Cal Val & Andrea

The Third Chapter
Matt Riddle vs. Tracy Williams

Respect Is Earned
Drew Gulak vs. Fred Yehi

April 3: Wrestlemania Star (5 CST preshow start time, 7 CST main show start time) - The main show of the weekend, and the reason all of the other shows are happening. Wrestlemania, live from Jerry's World in Dallas. The current card:
Hell in a Cell: Shane McMahon vs the Undertaker
WWE Championship Match: Triple H (c) vs Roman Reigns
No-Holds-Barred Street Fight: Brock Lesnar vs Dean Ambrose
Divas Championship Match: Charlotte (c) vs Sasha Banks vs Becky Lynch (RIDE OR DIE!)
Intercontinental Championship Ladder Match: Kevin Owens (c) vs Sami Zayn vs Zack Ryder vs The Miz vs Stardust vs Dolph Ziggler vs Sin Cara
4-on-3 Handicap Match (non-title): The New Day vs the League of Nations
AJ Styles vs Chris Jericho
US Championship Match: Kalisto (c) vs Ryback
Preshow: The ANDRE THE GIANT MEMORIAL 20 MAN OVER THE TOP ROPE BATTLE ROYAL
Preshow: The Usos vs the Dudley Boys
Preshow: Team Total Divas (Brie Bella, Paige, Natalya, Alicia Fox, and Eva Marie) vs Team B.A.D. and Blonde (Lana, Naomi, Tamina, Summer Rae, Emma)

April 4: Monday Night Raw (the usual time) - The post-Mania Raw is usually the biggest Raw of the year, and even though the build to this year's Mania has been lackluster, the elements are still in play to make this a big show.

----

Make sure to stay safe and have fun if you're in the area and going to any of these events, and for those of you at home, stay hydrated and maybe send me some money for that Kaiju show.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
3DS: 2981-5304-3227
Nirya on

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Bo Rida, when is your next performance?

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    Bo Rida is the celebrity musical performance this year.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
  • Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    I appreciate the lack of effort that went into making this thread, so it has my support

• Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Oh boy

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    411Randle411Randle Librarian Oook.Registered User regular
    I also vote for this thread. I'm aware this isn't a democracy.

1) Silence 2) Books must be returned by the last date shown 3) Do not interfere with the nature of causality
  • Options
    Geebs likes Superman stories so much, he killed the previous wrestlethread and had it return as 4 separate threads.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
  • Options
    Looks like this is it

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Thread lacks content.

Just like WWE.

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    this one had my name on it

• Options
    Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    Nirya wrote: »
    Geebs likes Superman stories so much, he snapped the previous wrestlethread's neck.

i made myself sad making this joke :(

Dex Dynamo on
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    You know, I bet WWE really doesn't care that much about the chants during the 6 man. Coming to the shows and being bored is better than not coming at all.

wirehead26 on
  • Options
    also I got about four matches deep and realized that what I was doing wasn't actually funny or interesting so I made the executive decision to not inflict it on the world, you're welcome

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited March 2016
    Very weird to tell anyone, let alone a camera, "we're gonna start fucking in earnest soon"

Goose! on
  • Options
  • Options
    And then TITUS GRABS VINCE AND RUINS EVERYTHING!!!

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
  • Options
    nicopernicusnicopernicus Registered User regular
  • Options
    Also I saw a gif of the Shane dive. That man is going to jump off the cage isn't he...
    http://screengrabber.deadspin.com/whats-this-now-1767632838#_ga=1.257040520.2009477195.1444246414

• Options
    Also I saw a gif of the Shane dive. That man is going to jump off the cage isn't he...
    http://screengrabber.deadspin.com/whats-this-now-1767632838#_ga=1.257040520.2009477195.1444246414

Yes. Yes he will.

• Options
    You know, if the crowd had been better by the end I'd have enjoyed that Raw more. Like I said it was fine overall but you need something more than that for a final Mania push.

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    You know, I bet WWE really doesn't care that much about the chants during the 6 man. Coming to the shows and being bored is better than not coming at all.

I truly don't think that was a comment on the product

if it was, a match that features owens and zayn at all is a fucking dumb time to do it

I think that crowd may have realized they were out of time to be Really Distracting Crowd and had to jump at it. unless I missed it earlier, they weren't like that, although I did hear cole mention the wave.

whatever. it was a boring show that any fan could have written but if anything crazy is happening Sunday I don't expect them to tip their hand.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular

Yes. Yes he will.

Considering he couldn't get air enough to reach Taker, that worries me.

• Options
    Kyougu wrote: »

Yes. Yes he will.

Considering he couldn't get air enough to reach Taker, that worries me.

Pretty sure the cell drop will be more just falling down straight.

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Variable wrote: »

if it was, a match that features owens and zayn at all is a fucking dumb time to do it

I think that crowd may have realized they were out of time to be Really Distracting Crowd and had to jump at it. unless I missed it earlier, they weren't like that, although I did hear cole mention the wave.

whatever. it was a boring show that any fan could have written but if anything crazy is happening Sunday I don't expect them to tip their hand.
    The thing is

When it came down to Owens/Zayn and even when it was just Sami, they settled down and changed the right shit and cheered

It was when it was in a lengthy Zigfler/Sin Cars/Stardust/Miz segment that it went off rails

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    So the US title match might not be on the pre show after all?

• Options
    I mean, let's just call it what it is:

that was basically a smackdown match

• Options
    The OP is now properly updated with an itinerary of this coming week.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
  • Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    I like this Mania a lot

unless HHH doesn't win

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    I feel like I am fine with either result of the HHH/Reigns match

• Options
    I feel like I am fine with either result of the HHH/Reigns match

Same

• Options
    I don't care who wins, I just hope I'm not bored

• Options
    I'm pretty sure Takeover is at 9 CST. Though I guess that might be the preshow.

• Options
    Takeover is airing pretty goddamned late in the day, which...actually kind of works out well for me, really

• Options

I think they're taping some non-Takeover stuff at 9, but the live show is starting at 10 so I went with that.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
  • Options
    edited March 2016

I think they're taping some non-Takeover stuff at 9, but the live show is starting at 10 so I went with that.

Pretty sure all the non-Takeover stuff is taped the day after.

wirehead26 on
  • Options
    I'm thinking about ordering the shimmer show

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Friday we are gonna try and find a bar that is showing Takeover, if not, watching it at the hotel

Saturday, got the Evolve show at noon and then a night of drinking and DnD and WWE Studios movies.

Sunday, 7 hours of Wrestlemania plus traffic and parking.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Variable wrote: »

Well that's one way of looking at it.

• Options

Ahh that makes sense. Either way it's much later than usual. Weird.

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    So is Wrestlemania included with a WWE Network subscription, or is it an additional charge? I've been very tempted to start my free month, just to finally see a Wrestlemania and so I can stay caught up with the thread.

This discussion has been closed.