As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Quote, and only quote, wont work.

It only started within the past hour or so, because I quoted someone earlier today without issue.

I can click all the reaction buttons, and I can flag a post.

But clicking quote does nothing, and nothing has changed in the past hour to presumably alter it. No software updates, no browser options changes, etc.

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    Buttcleft wrote: »
    It only started within the past hour or so, because I quoted someone earlier today without issue.

I can click all the reaction buttons, and I can flag a post.

But clicking quote does nothing, and nothing has changed in the past hour to presumably alter it. No software updates, no browser options changes, etc.

Workds for me

• Options
    IcyLiquidIcyLiquid Two Steaks Montreal, QuebecAdministrator, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Tube wrote: »
    Workds

WFBMlxX.jpg

(works for me too)

• Options
    Don't leave beer in the fridge if I'm not supposed to drink it.

• Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    So its specific to me then.

Argh, I'll go about trying to figure it out then. Sorry for the bother.

• Options
    Not a bother at all dude, always worth checking

geth, close the thread

• Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Affirmative Tube. Closing thread...

• Options
    we've had another report so fnyaaaarrrrg

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Yeah. When on my phone, whether mobile or non-mobile, I cannot quote any post. It would be pretty recent for me. Perhaps around the time spoilers were changed.

This isn't an issue when I'm on my PC.

• Options
    well since this reopened..

I still haven't found out why its not working, but a work around is opening the quote button link in a new tab..which generates the quote.

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Buttcleft wrote: »
    well since this reopened..

I still haven't found out why its not working, but a work around is opening the quote button link in a new tab..which generates the quote.

So that worked. Not convenient on a phone, though.

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    The text window won't widen when I quote or press enter. Using latest version of Firefox. Mobile seems fine though

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    The text window won't widen when I quote or press enter. Using latest version of Firefox. Mobile seems fine though

the text entry area won't widen vertically when you move cursor focus to it by pressing a quote button or when you add a line break with enter? both of those are making the box get longer for me properly in in firefox.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    As of this moment no.

Also linked tweets are flickering.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    I have the same problem. If I click quote then nothing happens. I have to right click on the quote button and open it in a new tab to reply. Started yesterday from what I can tell.

Im posting from the library though. So I cant update software or anything here.

• Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Quote not working for me either, on a desktop, not mobile - Win 7, IE 11.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    IrukaIruka Registered User, Moderator mod
    This seems to be fine on firefox and chrome for me.

Update your browsers,
    Clear your cache,
    are you running any addons?
    Any errors in your console?

• Options
    edited March 2016
    Iruka wrote: »
    This seems to be fine on firefox and chrome for me.

Update your browsers,
    Clear your cache,
    are you running any addons?
    Any errors in your console?

Nope. When I thought it was just me I tried clearing the cache and I don't have any addons to disable.

Literally nothing changed from one minute when it worked fine, to the next minute when it stopped.

And it was pretty much exactly that. Posted something with a quote without issue..came back a little while later and suddenly cant quote without opening the quote link in another tab.

And the fix for the forums shitting themselves last night also had no effect on the quote issue.

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    What browser and version are you running, and is this happening across browsers for you.

nothing in the console?

• Options
    edited March 2016
    Iruka wrote: »
    What browser and version are you running, and is this happening across browsers for you.

nothing in the console?

IE11, and I forgot about console.

I click quote and I get the error "Object doesn't support property or method 'contains'"

Nothing has changed at all between when it worked and when it decided not to on my end. no updates, no software installs, no changes to addons, etc.

// Get the currently active editor (last in focus).
    Gdn_Quotes.prototype.GetEditor = function () {
        var editor = $(this.currentEditor);
        if (!document.contains(this.currentEditor) || !editor.length) {
    Object doesn't support property or method 'contains'
            editor = $('textarea.TextBox').first();
        }

return editor;
    };

// Handle quote insertion clicks.

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    EndEnd Registered User regular
    well, the good news is that it's not your fault, unless you want to assign blame based on browser choice

(also that error is very illustrative to what the problem is)

per https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/API/Document#Internet_Explorer_notes :
    Internet Explorer does not support all methods from the Node interface in the Document interface:

document.contains
    As a work-around, document.body.contains() can be used.

I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    ok that explains a lot

• Options
    Doesn't explain why it literally worked the entire time we've been on vanilla, then up and suddenly stopped working between making posts.

• Options
    Or why it stopped working on my phone.

• Options
    @Santa Claustrophobia

is it still happening to you, if so what phone what browser.

• Options
    Still happens. It's a Galaxy Nexus and the default browser that comes with it.

• Options
    Also for some reason, the workaround of opening quote in a new tab and posting, is resulting in double and triple posts for me.

the MWO thread in GT has about a billion superfluous posts from me because of it.

• Options
    If it makes you feel any better, I consider all of your posts to be superfluous.

• Options
    If it makes you feel any better, I consider all of your posts to be superfluous.

You resplendent flirt, you.

• Options
    A fix is on the way

• Options
    A fix is on the way

It appears to be working at the moment.