As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Camp Comic] Tuesday, March 29, 2016 - Sticktoitiveness

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited March 2016 in Camp Weedonwantcha

image[Camp Comic] Tuesday, March 29, 2016 - Sticktoitiveness

Sticktoitiveness

Sticktoitiveness

http://campcomic.com/comic/303

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Options
    Foolster41Foolster41 Registered User regular
    Took a while, but found the cat.

lkbanner.jpg
  • Options
    VoiceofReasonishVoiceofReasonish Registered User new member
    My guess is that what Linus said on the previous page reminded Malachi a lot about his life before coming to Camp Weedonwantcha.

• Options
    briguybriguy Registered User regular
    Poor Malachi. :(

• Options
    theblindapetheblindape Registered User new member
    Speech bubble in panel 7 points off screen

• Options
    KatieJRiceKatieJRice Registered User regular
    Speech bubble in panel 7 points off screen

Oh jeez, you're right. It should be fixed now. Thanks for the heads up!

• Options
    kram1032kram1032 Registered User regular
    Poor Malachi. But he really had it coming.

• Options
    DublinDublin Registered User regular
    Poor Malachi, but also poor Linus. Both of them are hurting right about now.

• Options
    Jr. Mithrandir Jr. Mithrandir Registered User regular
    Poor campers. The only bad guys in this storyline are the adults who abandoned dozens of socially-challenged children in the forest. Of course they're going to hurt each other.

• Options
    hajenhajen Registered User regular
    whatever 17 has, needs to collected up and bottled. ...and used to power a perpetual motion machine
    she just exudes endless energy

p.s. I initially read the title as Slicktoitiveness
    p.p.s. in other news: the library didn't burn down ...or up. yeah!

• Options
    broceratopsbroceratops Registered User new member
    I'm glad that this is happening to Malachi, I don't care if that makes me mean. He's one of the most self centered and overbearing characters in the camp and he needs to be brought down a notch.

• Options
    TrueLinkTrueLink Registered User regular
    Well, at least seventeen's 1.5 man game of Catchy Stick is cheering me up. :)

• Options
    metfanscmetfansc Registered User regular
    I feel growth real growth coming on.

Or maybe he will burn down the library. Really could go either way :)

• Options
    In defense of Seventeen, I've played the same game, almost word for word, with my dog and a stuffed squirrel.

• Options
    SargeSarge Registered User regular
    Foolster41 wrote: »
    Took a while, but found the cat.

Error: Cat not found. (A)bort, (R)etry, (M)eow?

• Options
    sokpupetsokpupet Registered User regular
    Broceratops, dude; he's 12. What the ████ is wrong with you? At least give him until he's 19/20 to be happy that he feels utterly ruined.

• Options
    Peter RoganPeter Rogan Registered User regular
    Malachi's in a fugue state. Very close to a autistic shutdown. Seventeen isn't capable of discovering that she can't help him until he snaps out of it himself. Which could be days.

And the cat's in the upper right corner of the last panel.

• Options
    NimskitNimskit Registered User new member
    Sarge, don't give up! Give it one *LAST* try. *coughcough*

• Options
    DJFlare84DJFlare84 Registered User regular
    He's not even REMOTELY the most self-centered character at the camp. What about bucktooth girl and her snarky short friend? Y'know, the ones who kicked Seventeen out of their cabin?

The truth of the matter is there are a lot of selfish dumb kids at camp. Malachi is only one of them. You FEEL like he's the worst because you see more of him than anyone else (gee I wonder why that is it's not like he's THE MAIN CHARACTER OR ANYTHING).

Alla y'all need to cut the kid a break. He's not that bad, you just think he is because you forget he's a damn kid.

• Options
    DJFlare84 wrote: »
    He's not even REMOTELY the most self-centered character at the camp. What about bucktooth girl and her snarky short friend? Y'know, the ones who kicked Seventeen out of their cabin?

The truth of the matter is there are a lot of selfish dumb kids at camp. Malachi is only one of them. You FEEL like he's the worst because you see more of him than anyone else (gee I wonder why that is it's not like he's THE MAIN CHARACTER OR ANYTHING).

Alla y'all need to cut the kid a break. He's not that bad, you just think he is because you forget he's a damn kid.

Bucktooth girl: Kennedy
    Snarky short friend: Marta
    Lash-Out

Keeping track of names. :)

• Options
    JachraJachra Registered User regular
    Considering they're all abused and abandoned children, we should be glad they aren't more violent than they are.

"We do not allow wizards to cast spells in our game, for that is the most unbalanced rule of all."
  • Options
    TibxeroTibxero Registered User regular
    Meanwhile @BriGuy is out there doing God's work

• Options
    Sensei Le RoofSensei Le Roof Registered User regular
    Is it wrong that, after reading Peter Rogan's post, my first thought was "...and the silver spoon"?

• Options
    te-kunte-kun Registered User regular
    I need a seventeen in my life.

• Options
    forcesinbalanceforcesinbalance Registered User regular
    I think one reason posters are tougher on Malachi than on other campers is simple frustration. Most of the more unpleasant campers are fairly one-note, but in Malachi, we can see the potential to be a much better person. He gets so close to being a genuinely good guy sometimes, then he backslides. It's completely understandable, because he is a child, and a badly traumatized one. Really, he deserves a lot of credit for even getting close--there has to be a genuine spark buried under all that crap. But it's like watching over someone's shoulder as they try over and over to do something you know they should be capable of, and not being able to help them. Sure, it can be funny, but it eventually becomes painful.

tl;dr: It's not so much wanting Malachi punished, as hoping this turns out to have been a necessary growing pain for him.

• Options
    kathhiragakathhiraga Founder Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    Seventeen is pure innocence and hope on a Catchy Stick. Just love her.

• Options
    SargeSarge Registered User regular
    That's it Seventeen! Stick it to the man... or the boy since there are no men around! Go girl!

• Options
    John LittleJohn Little Registered User regular
    Woo! Just finished the archives. That was a nice four or five hours. So... now the void of archive completion shall wash over me. Guess I can... go back and try to find all of the cats or something, didn't notice it was a thing until the end of the first book or so.

• Options
    ShadymanShadyman Registered User regular
    @John: It only became a thing after the air drop of feral cats.

• Options
    John LittleJohn Little Registered User regular
    @Shadyman: Thanks, I figured it probably started there. Almost done with the reread now.