As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[PBP] FFG Star Wars: Echoes of the Force [IC/OOC]

1789101113»

• Super NamicchiSuper Namicchi Orange County, CARegistered User regular
    Seth

"Careful up there, lad. Don't go cutting into that thing just yet, tap on it, see if there's someone inside!"

• SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    Uther

Glad to be wearing a Trooper's bucket, Uther has a frown on his face. He knew Seth was right....but he really wanted to slice this hatch open with the lightsaber.

Putting on his best Stormtrooper voice, Uther raps hard on the hatch. "Hey! Anyone in there? Open up?"

• OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    Uther

There is no answer from the other side of the hatch. The sound of Uther's knocking seems dulled somehow against the other sounds in the chamber.

The helmet optics pick up a general thermal reading from behind the hatch, but it is fairly diffuse.

We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
    We gave em a shot, CUT ER OPEN

• KhildithKhildith Registered User regular
    Keo

"Don't slice your fingers off, at least." Keo said worriedly, hoping whatever they do doesn't bring the whole thing crashing down on them.
    I am seriously sorry I haven't been posting much lately, the laptop I've been using has stopped holding a charge and so I'm posting on a borrowed cell phone. I should have a real PC together in a week or two, but until then my posts will be sporadic and short.

Uther

"Well... looks like nobody's home. Wish I had a plasma boarding torch..." Uther says firing up the lightsaber, "This will have to do!"

Uther plunges the blade into the hatch and cut it open.

edited February 2016
    Uther

The purple blade sparks and sputters as it pierces the armored covering of the hatch. The optics of the helmet flare green to the point of blindness.

With a muted thunk, the panel falls in on itself, opening the way inside. Small blinking lights can be seen, and smoke drifts from the new opening, which is large enough to climb through.

OptimusZed on

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
    Uther

OOC:
    Purple blade, but that's OK :) What gives me better vision, the helmet optics or the saber's glow? I would assume the optics, so I'll narrate it that way but I'm going for the better vision here.

Uther shuts down the blade and hooks it back into his belt. He then climbs up through the now open hatch and inspects the inside making sure to keep an eye open for any automated defenses or any sentients. Uther reaches out into the Force as well, trying to sense any hidden foes, a talent that has served him over the years.

Geth, roll 3eA+1eP for Perception
    Geth, roll 1eF for Sense Force

Perception:
    3eA+1eP 6 successes, 1 advantage [3eA=S/S, S/A, S] [1eP=S/S]
    Sense Force:
    1eF 2 Light Side [1eF=LS/LS]

Uther

The helmet optics, once cleared of the wash from the saber, reveal a small shaft not much more than a meter square, leading upwards at an angle from the hatch. Inside, conduits, pipes and other bits blink erratically with indicator lights, leading upward into darkness.

Uther

Uther calls down to the others, "Looks clear...we should get going!"

He crawls up into the space fully and turns to lower some synthrope from the utility belt to allow the others to climb up.

Seth

"You heard the man," he says to the others, grabbing the rope, giving it a tug and beginning his ascent.

Keo

The trooper waits until Seth has cleared the rope before starting up.

"You know, they made us do this a hundred times in training, but this is the first time since then I've had to do this!"

• Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    Nuun

"They made you climb in these plastic things? I can't imagine that was any kind of fun."

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
    All

Inside this shaft, apparently used for maintenance of the outer hull of the craft, quarters are very tight. Ascending the oddly angled passageway must be done in single file. The tiny indicator lights blink up into the darkness.

Uther

Uther, trusting that one of the others will collect his synthrope and return it to him after the climb, makes his way along the maintenance crawlspace looking for the first exit he can find to enter the ship proper.

Uther

It's a long climb up through the shaft, but it's at enough of an angle that it's manageable. There are even handholds placed regularly at intervals, probably meant to be used to by techs to pull themselves along in low gravity. As the top of the shaft looms, it begins to grow lighter, with flashes of red emergency lighting forcing their way through a mostly-closed hatch. The sound of sparking conduits and muffled intercom announcements can be heard from the other side.

• Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    Nuun

Once everyone was in the ship, Nuun carefully pulled up the synthrope that they used to climb. He turned to look up the shaft they found themselves in and opened up his comm.
    "Uther, what do you see up there? Any way in yet?"

Uther

"We're getting somewhere," Uther replies. "I see a hatch. I don't think we're alone on this ship either."

Making his way towards it, he peeks through, seeing if its clear.

Uther

Through the crack below the hatch, it's hard to make out much. Shiny white floors that are now walls, identifiable by their track lighting which is now flickering erratically. No movement is immediately obvious from your vantage point.

The red emergency lighting continues to flash. You can start to make out something about crash positions over the intercom.

Uther

Uther will wait until the rest of the group catches up before easing himself out the hatchway.

With three of them dressed in Stormtrooper armor, it was conceivable that they could make their way through the crashed ship to another vessel that they could escape with. A shuttle preferably but a speeder would do. Uther wanted Keo up front to use his Imperial ways to lead them to the hanger and keep them out of trouble, but he also wanted Keo close in case the Trooper decided to go back to his home team and turn them all in.

Once they are all ready, Uther will check one more time if its clear and then exit the crawlspace into the ship proper.

Geth, roll 3eA+1eP for Perception
    Geth, roll 1eF for Sense Force

Perception:
    3eA+1eP 4 successes, 1 advantage [3eA=S, A, S/S] [1eP=S]
    Sense Force:
    1eF 1 Dark Side [1eF=DS]

Does Keo know anything about this ship from what hes seen so far? Class, how likely the crew is to have escaped, that kind of thing?

Uther

No immediate threats are apparent in the space beyond the vent. You do notice a set of lights flashing in sequence on what appears to be a wall, signifying motion in a specific direction.

Keo
    From here, it's not exactly clear. This is definitely an Imperial vessel, though. The Navy has some pretty extensive crash preparations and tricks like using the inertial dampers to counteract internal impacts. The bigger the ship, the more likely that there are survivors, and from your climb just now this must be a huge ship.

All

Emerging from the crawlspace, a momentary sense of vertigo overtakes you. You now stand, or balance, on what was once the wall of a wide corridor. Various closed doors line the floor and ceiling, with emergency lights flashing around you. The whole scene slants at a roughly 15% angle, in addition to being turned on it's side.

"All hands to crash positions," an automated voice calmly intones. "Prepare for emergency surface landing." The message repeats.

Uther
    Where did everybody go?

Uther chuckles to himself at the announcement before turning to Keo, "Do you know the way to the hanger bay? Don't all of these Imp ships follow a standard design method? No? Bah..."

Making sure the helmet is in place on his head, more as a disguise than anything else, he moves down the hallway. Looking for a computer terminal or automated map system that could lead them to the speeders, something in a small room out of hallway would be ideal. Uther had no idea how much traffic to expect in the hallway of a crashed ship to expect but he still wanted to avoid the crew if at all possible.

Keo
    I'm here @Steelhawk I just built a new pc and can post every day again! woo

"There will be almost certainly be survivors. Let me talk if we see anyone."

Keo glances at the unarmored Seth.

No idea how I'll explain him.

The trooper followed Uther, trying to keep his balance in the wreck.

All

It's tough going making your way through this off kilter corridor. Luckily, before too long you make it to a junction, complete with a standard infoterminal. Unfortunately, it is hanging from a high spot on what is now the wall.

Keo

This corridor looks like it probably belongs in some sort of assault cruiser. Possibly even a star destroyer.

Which one of us is good at computers? Take a crack at that terminal and get us a path to the ships!

Steelhawk wrote: »
    Which one of us is good at computers? Take a crack at that terminal and get us a path to the ships!
    I should hope the literal walking computer with us would at least be proficient with computers...

Um....I don't mean to sound whiney...but are we still doing this thing? Because I kinda liked this thing that we were doing.

I'm definitely still in. I've been away for a week, though.

If there's no movement in the next couple of days, I'll kickstart things a bit.

I'm still around <3