As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Wrestling Thread] Wrestlemania Weekend! Today: Wrestlemania!

• Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    So is Wrestlemania included with a WWE Network subscription, or is it an additional charge? I've been very tempted to start my free month, just to finally see a Wrestlemania and so I can stay caught up with the thread.

All ppv events are included with the sub

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    this month would be free which includes Mania

the 9.99 subscription is the only thing you pay ever

• Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    Kilroy wrote: »
    I'm thinking about ordering the shimmer show

Good call. I'm kind of bummeday it has no announced matches and is just a tournament, but I'must still going to getc it.

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Xehalus wrote: »
    this month would be free which includes Mania

the 9.99 subscription is the only thing you pay ever

So I'll get Rasslemania even with a free month? Cool.

If you told me like two or three years ago that I would ever willingly sign up for a service to watch Wrestlemania, I would have laughed in your face. Then I heard about VGCW on Giant Bomb and started watching it, found CHIKARA on Reddit, then I started going to the PAX Wrestling things at PAX East, and the next thing I know I'm watching Lucha Underground and spending 2+ hours reading wrestling Wikipedia pages.

• Options
    nicopernicusnicopernicus Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    So is Wrestlemania included with a WWE Network subscription, or is it an additional charge? I've been very tempted to start my free month, just to finally see a Wrestlemania and so I can stay caught up with the thread.

All ppv events are included with the sub

If you do grab a free month be sure to watch NXT Takeover on Friday. It's got a great chance to be better than Mania.

Edit - I'm watching Raw now, and holy shit is this Triple H promo long.

nicopernicus on
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Did they change that?

It used to be that certain months weren't free if they coincided with bigger PPVs (WrestleMania, SummerSlam, etc.)

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Did they change that?

It used to be that certain months weren't free if they coincided with bigger PPVs (WrestleMania, SummerSlam, etc.)

The WWE Network page tells me I can start my free month right now, so I'm assuming it will work.

• Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    They've been doing a lot of videos about free Wrestlemania

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlX-A7fogns

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4jHoCq6aOM

Neon Genesis Romangelion: A Strong Samoan's Thesis - Rebuild 3.0 : You Can (Not) Get Over

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    as a face

• Options
    ChillyWillyChillyWilly Registered User regular
    Kind of wrestling related.

I'm going through all of the Marvel movies as a lead-up to Civil War and I'm watching Guardians of the Galaxy.

Bastista is so good in this movie, you guys.

So good.

PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
  • Options
    SproutSprout Registered User regular
    I honestly worry that if they end the show with Roman ascendant, that ring's going to get filled with garbage the crowd's thrown at him faster than a late-era WCW ppv.

• Options
    CuvisTheConquerorCuvisTheConqueror They always say "yee haw" but they never ask "haw yee?" Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    CuvisTheConqueror on
    xderwsaxganu.png
  • Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    I have no idea what is going on or even if I like it, but more Portia Perez is never a bad thing

https://youtu.be/KTM0ygqnO6o

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    411Randle411Randle Librarian Oook.Registered User regular

See? I was right! They have no idea who's a face anymore!

1) Silence 2) Books must be returned by the last date shown 3) Do not interfere with the nature of causality
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Sprout wrote: »
    I honestly worry that if they end the show with Roman ascendant, that ring's going to get filled with garbage the crowd's thrown at him faster than a late-era WCW ppv.

Its not Philly.

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Also, I think the thinking is more "people LOVE Total Divas" over who is a face and who isn't. He just overestimated how much the crowd loves the show vs hate Eva Marie.

• Options
    nicopernicusnicopernicus Registered User regular
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Goose! wrote: »
    Sprout wrote: »

Its not Philly.
    Wrestlemania is maybe the smarkiest crowd of the year, dude

Only the Raw afterwards beats it

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular
    Honestly if the crowd does rain trash on Roman it would probably be one of the better results. You get a lasting image, you get a free pass to turn full on to the darkside, you at least get a reaction of a very virulent nature. Worst case scenario is that everyone sits on their hands.

Inside of a dog...it's too dark to read.
  • Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    Also, I think the thinking is more "people LOVE Total Divas" over who is a face and who isn't. He just overestimated how much the crowd loves the show vs hate Eva Marie.

Aren't Total Divas' ratings pretty bad now?

I remember hearing they dropped hard.

• Options
    I think I've over seeing the Undertaker in any form.

Because, inevitably, JBL trots out that same old line about him being "the best pure striker in WWE history".

Which is not only annoying to hear over and over, but is also a lie, as Butterbean is the greatest pure striker in WWE history.

JBL was in Brawl for All. Does he not remember how that turned out?

PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
  • Options
    SproutSprout Registered User regular

So, I wonder if all of the "ugh, THIS asshole" stuff was an audible called in the ring, particularly by Paige.

• Options
    I do not watch TD at all but do Paige and Brie hate Eva on the show? That would explain it

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    hailtothekalehailtothekale Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    I do not watch TD at all but do Paige and Brie hate Eva on the show? That would explain it

The running theme for the first several seasons was that pretty much everyone hated Eva Marie because she was getting shortcuts to the main roster and just being generally bad at everything. That may have changed with the last season but I doubt it.

• Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    I don't think Vince would care about doing a course correct for Eva so at least it shouldn't be another Roman situation.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options

Because, inevitably, JBL trots out that same old line about him being "the best pure striker in WWE history".

Which is not only annoying to hear over and over, but is also a lie, as Butterbean is the greatest pure striker in WWE history.

Really.jpg

• Options
    edited March 2016
    411Randle wrote: »

See? I was right! They have no idea who's a face anymore!

Like I said before my theory is they don't really care how you react anymore so long as you give them money.

If they can't control the reactions they'll just forge ahead and be done with it.

wirehead26 on
  • Options

Really.jpg

The Butterbean thing was just a joke. I don't actually expect them to ever say anything about the guy.

In all seriousness, though, it's super annoying to hear it literally every time he's in the ring. And I'm relatively sure it's been a thing for him since his American Badass incarnation. That's too long to hear the same line.

• Options
    And yet TNA still can't build an audience from disgruntled WWE fans.

• Options
    eWJb6V3.jpg

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Speaking of with the Wyatt's added that's 19 Andre competitors. Wonder who replaces Harper.

• Options
    hailtothekalehailtothekale Registered User regular
    wirehead26 wrote: »

I mean disgruntled WWE fans have options out there that are way better and arguably way more accessible than that company. So I'm not surprised by this in the slightest.

• Options

I mean disgruntled WWE fans have options out there that are way better and arguably way more accessible than that company. So I'm not surprised by this in the slightest.

True but it's still incredibly sad and pathetic. WWE right now is basically saying your opinion doesn't matter regarding the face of the company and TNA can't capitalize on it.

• Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    I don't think your first port of call is going to be a company that is falling over itself to be a pale imitation of the company you're disgruntled with.

Dyvim Tvar on
    Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
  • Options
    It's a funny picture, for sure. Still an odd choice for this venue though.

"So, we need some guys to send to the stock exchange. Who should it be?"

"Everyone is in suits, right?"

"Of course. It's the NYSE."

"Umm...crazy facial hair swamp priest and his family of misfits should do. And make sure they're dressed in character."

• Options
    DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    Bad mania build is bad.

Good Kevin owens being an evil dick is good.

Bad WWE somehow managed to do a match that includes Kevin owens and Sami zayn at mania and the smarks don't care.

Good Shane jumping off things is good.

Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    DodgeBlan wrote: »
    Bad mania build is bad.

Good Kevin owens being an evil dick is good.

Bad WWE somehow managed to do a match that includes Kevin owens and Sami zayn at mania and the smarks don't care.

Good Shane jumping off things is good.

Well the crowd cared more when Sami and Owens were interacting.

And I think the Mania crowd will be hot for the ladder match all the way through.

wirehead26 on
  • Options
    411Randle411Randle Librarian Oook.Registered User regular
    edited March 2016

Honestly, that is the largest indicator of how massively TNA failed as a North American promotion. You have a fanbase disaffected and grumpy with the WWE product, ten basically unopposed years where you could have been a legit #2, national and international TV deals that any wrestling company would kill for, and you still couldn't establish yourself before NXT and Lucha Underground came along and wiped you off the map.

411Randle on
    1) Silence 2) Books must be returned by the last date shown 3) Do not interfere with the nature of causality
This discussion has been closed.