As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Mass Effects of Halo Portals on Orange Boxes (360 Thread)

1565758596062»

• Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Demoman's grenade launcher is pretty good times if you were ever any good with the Quake 1 grenade launcher. If you hit you fuck them up pretty, but if you miss you're pretty screwed. Might be a bit easier to lead people with it on the PC side. It's also good for harassing the enemy around corners.

august on
  • Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    'EY, YA HEAD IS LIKE A FRIGGIN BAT MAGNET! BONK!

Scout is easily the most fun to play, in my opinion. Doublejumps and base-ball bat whackin + Boston accent = yes.

Boston Accent? Feckin yes! Ah'm ta-hotally pickin that dood kid!

TankHammer on
  • Options
    UbikUbik oh pete, that's later. maybe we'll be dead by then Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    When playing Scout, sometimes the double-jump doesn't work. I don't know if it's my controller or if you have to time it right or something.

And I still don't know how to do rocket jumps with the Soldier

Ubik on
    l8e1peic77w3.jpg

• Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    What the hell happened to that server?

It was going good for the last few hours, and then BAM!

Lagspikes every two minutes like clockwork.

Der Waffle Mous on
    Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    bentbent Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Sorry to the guys playing Halo just now but it is half three in the morning and I need some damn sleep.

Good games though.

bent on
    sig1.png
  • Options
    JC of DIJC of DI I think we're fucked up. I know I am.Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Guys - Orange Box or Mass Effect?

I loved KotoR 1 and somewhat 2, and I've played through Half Life 2's main game a couple times.

Basically, which one will give me the most longevity you think? How replayable are the expansions and Portal (not too interested in TF2 personally) versus what Mass Effect is touting?

I.E. - You only have the money for one game a month, which do you go for?

JC of DI on
    PJWczLu.png
  • Options
    UbikUbik oh pete, that's later. maybe we'll be dead by then Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    So was everyone's expectations of the lesbian alien sex in Mass Effect crushed yet?

Because if not

Ubik on
    l8e1peic77w3.jpg

• Options
    BbajBbaj Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Needs more bristling nipples.

Bbaj on
  • Options
    AHH!AHH! Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    oh god

yes

AHH! on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited November 2007
    so is all the acting in Mass Effect like a bad soap opera

or just that video

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Let me put it in context.

The blue lady ordered a pizza, but didn't have enough money to pay for it...

Ubik on
    l8e1peic77w3.jpg

• Options
    edited November 2007
    getting some clam friction going this year

awesome

AHH! on
  • Options
    The Sneak!The Sneak! Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Okay, I can only get Mass Effect or Mario Galaxy

I'm going to leave this decision up to Knob

The Sneak! on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    What a choice

I'm probably going to play mass effect some time later because I'll be playing Mario and chillaxing with my fambly

AHH! on
  • Options
    The Otaku SuppositoryThe Otaku Suppository Bawstan New EnglandRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Fandyien wrote: »
    Demoman is the least enjoyable class for me.

But Jesus, people who are good with it, they are really fucking good with it.

It's a class that's really starting to grow on me, especially after the games we played tonight. Though I think I also enjoyed it because they were pretty much lag free games. But I'm finding the best tactic for Demoman is to fire a sticky at your target and while it's in the air inbound, blow it up. Turn a defensive weapon into the most awesome tool of destruction ever. And you can do it at long distances too. It's like a rocket sniper.

The Otaku Suppository on
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2007
    Guys, I'm gonna get on Live right now and I'd like to play some of teh haloz with you all. So please everyone come get on Live and play games with me.

Or we could play Worms. I just wanna play with someone. Let's play.

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    Mr. Henry BemisMr. Henry Bemis God is love Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    that was some good shit on TF2 fellas

scout is so great for gravel pit

i think i'm getting better with it

Mr. Henry Bemis on
    Nothing is true; Everything is permitted
  • Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Ubik wrote: »
    So was everyone's expectations of the lesbian alien sex in Mass Effect crushed yet?

Because if not

I'll give them this: the character animation is superb even if the acting is stale and they animate in turn-based systems.

TankHammer on
  • Options
    TheidarTheidar Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    The Geek wrote: »
    Guys, I'm gonna get on Live right now and I'd like to play some of teh haloz with you all. So please everyone come get on Live and play games with me.

Or we could play Worms. I just wanna play with someone. Let's play.

I would love to join you, but work is keeping me busy tonight. I'm hoping to get some haloz in tomorrow night.

Theidar on
    Gamertag: Theidar
    Wii Friend Code: 0072 4984 2399 2126
    PSN ID : Theidar
    Facebook
    Behold the annhilation of the extraterrestrial and the rise of the machines.
    Hail Satan!
    WISHLIST
  • Options
    ColdbrandColdbrand Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    JC of DI wrote: »
    Guys - Orange Box or Mass Effect?

I loved KotoR 1 and somewhat 2, and I've played through Half Life 2's main game a couple times.

Basically, which one will give me the most longevity you think? How replayable are the expansions and Portal (not too interested in TF2 personally) versus what Mass Effect is touting?

I.E. - You only have the money for one game a month, which do you go for?

Mass Effect. If you're not interested in TF2, Portal lasts two days, it's short and you're going to want to play through it immediately, trust me. Episode one doesn't really pull you in, but I guess Episode two is supposed to be amazing, let's just say I could be playing either right now but I'm not. Mass Effect on the other hand looks fucking incredible and I might come seriously God damn close to maxing out my credit card to get my hands on it.

Coldbrand on
  • Options
    The Otaku SuppositoryThe Otaku Suppository Bawstan New EnglandRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Yeah Mass Effect hands down. No sense in buying a game for only 6-7 hours of content.

The Otaku Suppository on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    If you're not into TF2 then Orange Box wont last you long

TF2 is da bomb

AHH! on
  • Options
    RancedRanced Default Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I played an unhealthy amount of CoD4 multi tonight.

It was glorious.

Ranced on
This discussion has been closed.