As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[ToS] Tree of Savior - We call it Ragnarok Online 3.

• Options
    HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    Everything was decent this morning when I could get in, but now that everyone is playing it has turned crazy laggy. I expect things to calm down this evening.

Oh - and save your EXP cards for like 130+.

HallowedFaith on
    I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
  • Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    Man these environments are just great.

• Options
    CroakerCroaker Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    I bit on this. I love the combat so far.

I'm playing on the Kleaipeda server, since it's a little more civil and a little less huehuehue (so far). Team name is Kithain, hit me up.

Croaker on
  • Options
    Oh - and save your EXP cards for like 130+.

Wait, why would you do this? They give a fixed amount no matter what level you are, it looks like. I don't think he's talking about the "earn more xp for ____ time" cards, just the one-time use ones.

• Options
    Minerva_SCMinerva_SC Registered User regular
    yeah the ones that give like 500 exp, dont think they would be useful at 130...I guess i should just use them.

THough what the flying fuck, I cannot talk to this goddamn item merchant to firther the freaking main quest. I can talk to every other damn person in the city but this dude just wont say shit to me. Sat there for half an hour thinking its lag but he still wont say shit to me. ugh...

"If a cherry pie filled cape is wrong, I don't want to be right.
    I'm dead serious."
  • Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    I rolled up on Orsha/Orsha, is that where we settled on? I can roll somewhere else, because I MIGHT have not realized that the clubhouse name is actually a FAMILY name.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Yeah, the quest stuff seems to be minimum priority in server cycles. Combat will keep going without a hitch though.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    AumniAumni Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    Ahh, found out why you wanna keep EXP cards until you hit grinds. Here is the EXP curve over the levels:
    RVYMlmE.jpg

Aumni on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/aumni/ Battlenet: Aumni#1978 GW2: Aumni.1425 PSN: Aumnius
  • Options
    I rolled up on Orsha/Orsha, is that where we settled on? I can roll somewhere else, because I MIGHT have not realized that the clubhouse name is actually a FAMILY name.

Not I. Staying far away from the "unofficial" BR server.

• Options
    Aumni wrote: »
    Ahh, found out why you wanna keep EXP cards until you hit grinds. Here is the EXP curve over the levels:
    RVYMlmE.jpg

Man I made into the 20s and the grind was starting to show a bit so I took a break... that graph makes me scared heh.

• Options
    JakarrdJakarrd In the belly of OklahomaRegistered User regular
    I took a break, was sitting at 27 in the ashaq area.

Greetings Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada.

76561197990097905.png
  • Options
    Servers seem to be a lot more stable and functional at the moment.

Build and class info for this game seems strangely sparse. What does exist on various websites doesn't seem super good. It all makes me very nervous about investing points or choosing classes.

• Options
    Yeah, I'm just going to wing it for now. If nothing else Quarrel Shooter seems to have all sorts of kit for soloing, so I'm planning to take that to rank 3 before deciding on something else (leaning Fletcher for big damage to go with defensive skills?)

• Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    The lag really dampened what was otherwise a really fun couple hours.

I also really enjoy the fact that it has controller support and works just fine that way. I'm getting lazier as I age.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    yeah save those cards to keep your grinding optimal and help with rough patches

I have 100+ level 3 cards which is pretty good
    they can be used as a full heal potion too

3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • Options
    nakirushnakirush Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    I'd be interested in starting up a PA guild.

I have characters on both servers. Let me know if you're interested!

nakirush on
  • Options
    nakirush wrote: »
    I'd be interested in starting up a PA guild.

I have characters on both servers. Let me know if you're interested!

Are you gonna roll the Templar required for it? Cuz I sure ain't. Heh.

• Options
    I sure will. :) Orsha?

::starts leveling Swordsman::

• Options
    You need a Templar to make a guild? ...I can't decide if that's awesome or not.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    Made a character on the Klieapedia server last night, is everyone on Orsha?

NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    I am leveling a Templar to start the PA guild on Orsha. Seems to be the general consensus.

• Options
    HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    We can always switch servers when it goes F2P in April and we see what servers they put up. I simply picked Orsha because it easy to spell/remember.

Anyone playing founders right now will have one free transfer of their entire family of characters/inventory after April.

I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
  • Options
    The queue is a lie.

Try to logon, 600+ queue. Say nope, pick a different channel, no queue.

• Options
    edited April 2016
    If anybody wants to message or friend me, I am on Orsha and my team name is Nakirush.

Also, here is a Discord server for us to use: https://discord.gg/0vEgyFB897nyFW7z

nakirush on
  • Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    Made the long run from Orsha to Klaipeda to farm up my Cafrisun set. Some of those zones are really pretty.

• Options
    Thor1590Thor1590 Registered User regular
    Heads up, the item merchant in town has scrolls that let you teleport to either town for 500 silver.

• Options
    Made a swordsman because decision paralysis on Archer.

Always be dragooning is my motto so this way I don't have to think much.

Chopping away at mobs is deeply satisfying to my lizard brain.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I'm running a cleric towards punch man. Enjoying it so far though it had the usual Korean store that always takes things just a step too ridiculous

http://steamcommunity.com/id/aumni/ Battlenet: Aumni#1978 GW2: Aumni.1425 PSN: Aumnius
  • Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    Just got my second class change. Thank god I have deprotect zone or I'd be stuck grinding a few zones back from where my quests are now.

• Options
    KamarKamar Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    I really wish you could buy costumes for classes you didn't take on the cash shop.

Because I need the hunter costume, even though I hate pets and it doesn't fit my build goals at all.

So I'm going to have a pet and a subpar build, and they're not going to get any extra money. Lose/lose!

Kamar on
  • Options
    Lawful EvilLawful Evil Registered User regular
    Played for around 6 hours and got to level 30 on my Ranger. It kind of plays more like Diablo than Ragnarok, and that's pretty interesting. I rolled up on the "SEA" server just to avoid the huge influx of players on that Kale server, and so far I haven't had any massive lag problems or quest/NPC interactions.

I haven't partied up with any one, and my Ranger is wrecking bosses solo so far. I wish there were more bosslike encounters, rather than the set "everything here is for your level" system they have. That's one thing I liked in RO, the fact that you could handle some monsters in the area but not all. Here, I'm just mowing down monsters one screen at time. Still enjoying it so far though.

Do not believe that the impossible exists. That is why you fail.
  • Options
    So, attributes seem like a big gold sink for the game. Basically all offensive skills have "X: Enhance" that boosts damage by 1% per rank (up to 100!), and just the first tier is 1k (and costs increase each rank). On top of all sorts of other neat passives... like:
    On block, gain 200% of your shield's defense as attack power for 10 seconds (This is at rank 4, which is a total of like 20k and 2 hours to hit)
    Rapid Fire has a 50% chance per hit to reduce enemy critical resist to 0 for 3 seconds per rank (and it shoots many many arrows, it's similar to the multishot of base archer... which has an attribute for increased crit rate to boot!)

Not every class has global passives... but they're the best because you just pay silver and then they're active forever at no cost. Skill passives all increase the cost or cooldown of the skill some (except for enhance).

• Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Guh. I want to play this, but I don't want to drop $40 and it doesn't seem like $10 gets you much of anything other than a little bit of early access. Go f2p already! (I know it's like 30 days away)

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    TP is not "nothing" really. You gen 1 every 4 hours and they are used for things like xp buffs, skill resets, cosmetic stuff etc.

• Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    So it's not terribly clear how the class system works in this.

You take a job, you can continue with that job or pursue another at a specific breakpoint. You can pursue the same job three times to make it a 'Circle' 3 job. But what does taking the other jobs give you? Access to their passives? Their skills?

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    Jubal77 wrote: »
    TP is not "nothing" really. You gen 1 every 4 hours and they are used for things like xp buffs, skill resets, cosmetic stuff etc.

You only get a total of 5 free TP. Can't buy much with that, megaphones for server-wide chat and one or two minor consumables. Pretty much everything else is more than 5. So when you hit your 5 total cap, spend it to start getting your 5 back.

Classes work on 'ranks'. Every 15 class levels you rank up. You can either upgrade your current class up to circle 3 (picking the same class 3 times on rank up), or choose a class in your newly achieved rank. Your abilities/passives/skills are an aggregate of all the classes you've been. The more you focus into a class the more of that classes abilities you can get.

The market in this is pretty bad, with arbitrary restrictions on practically every system. It's very detrimental to the overall game. The combat is fun and the art is pretty but it's going to need some significant changes to keep a decent population.

Aumni on
  • Options
    EliminationElimination Registered User regular
    Aumni wrote: »
    Jubal77 wrote: »

You only get a total of 5 free TP. Can't buy much with that, megaphones for server-wide chat and one or two minor consumables. Pretty much everything else is more than 5. So when you hit your 5 total cap, spend it to start getting your 5 back.

Classes work on 'ranks'. Every 15 class levels you rank up. You can either upgrade your current class up to circle 3 (picking the same class 3 times on rank up), or choose a class in your newly achieved rank. Your abilities/passives/skills are an aggregate of all the classes you've been. The more you focus into a class the more of that classes abilities you can get.

The market in this is pretty bad
    , with arbitrary restrictions on practically every system. It's very detrimental to the overall game. The combat is fun and the art is pretty but it's going to need some significant changes to keep a decent population.

Basically everything in this game is great except this one thing. The market/trade system totally stinks. I think the idea was to try to curb gold sellers by putting up these road blocks, but it doesn't seem to have worked at all and it's been to the detriment of the game.

PSN: PA_Elimination 3DS: 4399-2012-1711 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheElimination/
  • Options
    Could be worse, there isn't even any player trading sans a few consumables in BDO.

• Options
    My main concern is regarding them seeming to being unable to keep the two servers they have stable, let alone when the flood gates open. Simply put people have found it's the gold spammers that are basically DDOSing everyone's clients because of their spam.

• Options
    EliminationElimination Registered User regular
    Arthil wrote: »
    My main concern is regarding them seeming to being unable to keep the two servers they have stable, let alone when the flood gates open. Simply put people have found it's the gold spammers that are basically DDOSing everyone's clients because of their spam.

Yeah that on top of the fact that the servers are already overflowing with people as is.

PSN: PA_Elimination 3DS: 4399-2012-1711 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheElimination/