As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

I have no idea what the mechanic did

BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにありますRegistered User regular
I finally got the car back from the packing lot it died it 3 weeks ago
I know it's a fuel line issue
But there is no filter and I have no idea what the mechanic did
IMG_20160218_104818_zpszp3r8udb.jpg
That is where the fuel filter is supposed to be
I have no idea what that is
My best guess is the braided line is the fuel line as a vac hose?

• Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    Do you have the Haynes Manual for your make/model of car?

|Ko-Fi Me! ☕😎|NH844lc.png | PSN | chi-logo-only-favicon.png(C.H.I) Ltd. |🏳️⚧️♥️
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    No it's a frankenstien of a truck
    It's a dodge d150 the engine is a 3.9l v6 from a different truck but same series

• BouwsTBouwsT Wanna come to a super soft birthday party? Registered User regular
    I'm a little confused at the time line... Did a mechanic do something that caused the vehicle to stall, or did the mechanic get the truck running and you're not sure what he did?

Having a look at a mid 80's D150, there should be a fuel filter with 3 lines. Fuel pressure in, fuel pressure out, and a fuel vapor return line going back to the fuel tank. I would assume that the braided line connected directly to the steel line is basically bypassing the fuel filter altogether, but it's hard to tell from the picture.

Between you and me, Peggy, I smoked this Juul and it did UNTHINKABLE things to my mind and body...
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Having no expertise, it sounds like that is the concern - that the guy removed and bypassed a system instead of fixing things, and so it will cause trouble later on.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    There was a fuel filter there before, now there is not.

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Having no expertise, it sounds like that is the concern - that the guy removed and bypassed a system instead of fixing things, and so it will cause trouble later on.

That's what it seems like he did

The problem is he replaced the fuel tank and pump last summer during the fall it started to give us trouble
    We took it back to him to which he said I put in a dirty tank that was the best one I could find. So I got the bright idea to get one of the fuel additives that cleans the system and now I deal with the crap that is getting stuck in the lines.
    So it sucks that I either have to wait for it to dissolve or abandon it and come back when it's done as it takes about a hour or more.

I really have no idea what he set up as when I found out he bypassed the filter I was not surprised but confused on what he did.

I will try to take a better picture since from all the stuff I looked up the filter is supposed to be there. Inside the right frame rail under the driver's cab.
    But I am dealing with vague line drawings.