As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Dead [chat]bo

1858687888991»

• AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    I like that they had aircraft gunners do skeet shooting in gunnery school

ftOqU21.png
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    I played the original Splinter Cell games, and their politics did not engage me at all.

I think mainly the threats in each game were so improbable as to hairline fracture my suspension of disbelief.

• simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    I bought a waffle iron

• ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    simonwolf wrote: »
    I bought a waffle iron

an excellent investment

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    i have a tortilla press that i used exactly one time to make low carb flax tortillas

it turned out ok and i will do it again sometime i guess

but jeez i do not have a good history with unitaskers. there are low carb waffle recipes but i'm certain if i bought an iron i'd use it once a year

Zampanov wrote: »
    I bought a waffle iron

an excellent investment

Better than paying taxes to build Trump's wall[/Last Week Tonight]

• Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    discounting the voyage because 200 dollars, it looks like the kindle is 79 and the paperwhite is 119. major differences are the paperwhite is top-lit (vs unlit by the kindle), it's a few oz heavier, and it has a better processor for quicker page turning animations and stuff.

hmm.

I thought kobos were the top tier ereaders these days

(I have an ancient Sony one that is slowly dying but has lasted for five or so years so far)

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    The DIvision also has a weird design where stats on gear is percentage-based, meaning they had to gate better gear behind higher levels.

It also means we'll get a pretty massive stat-inflation, because why switch to future gear otherwise?

WoW got bit by that way back when, and switched to a rating that translated into a percentage via a formula. This let them make gear where the percentage gets worse as you level up, since you'll need more of the same rating to stay at the same percentage.

• simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    I mean, to make waffles you need a unitasker, don't you

• ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    laptop get.

hmmm. I guess I'll play with it this weekend.

aRkpc.gif
    @Mojo_Jojo commiserations on not getting Wednesday off

Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »
    discounting the voyage because 200 dollars, it looks like the kindle is 79 and the paperwhite is 119. major differences are the paperwhite is top-lit (vs unlit by the kindle), it's a few oz heavier, and it has a better processor for quicker page turning animations and stuff.

hmm.

I thought kobos were the top tier ereaders these days

(I have an ancient Sony one that is slowly dying but has lasted for five or so years so far)

Idk, I'm p well enmeshed in the Kindle ecosystem and I've had great luck shopping with Amazon. Why are the Kobos good?

I don't think my kitchen has many unitaskers beyond, like, coffee making devices? Waffle iron is probably now the most unitask item, next to the toaster

• wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    I mean, to make waffles you need a unitasker, don't you
    qZxD5Pm.jpg?1

mein gott

I am become waffle, the destroyer of waistlines...

Hmmm

http://mariusmasalar.me/kindle-vs-kobo/

Scroll down to the bit about text justification and how bad the Kindle is at executing it

That is unfortunate if accurate

• P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    work, work
    zugzug

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
    I'm in that state of illness where my head is foggy and congested, my cough has subsided somewhat, but I'm just feeling generally grody

why does the human body have to be so... weak...

It is sunny out

not terribly warm, we're still in the single digits, and leaves on the trees are still a ways off, but still, it is a lovely, lovely day.

To follow are pictures of Bergen in spring, which is what I will pretend really hard is what it is like right now

WKB36AHh.jpg

ftOqU21.png
    Bergen?format=1000w

ftOqU21.png
    Cafe+Bergen?format=1000w

ftOqU21.png
    Downtown+Bergen?format=1000w

ftOqU21.png
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Geth, close the thread.

rRwz9.gif
  • GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Affirmative Jacobkosh. Closing thread...

This discussion has been closed.