As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Mass Effect - 8 days until you already know what happens from the spoilers you read

• DashuiDashui Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    So by looking at it even further, it's still a conundrum. :) So we can save the cure, use it, and have the possibly of the Krogans multiplying so fast they have to conquer territory again, or we can destroy it and have them possibly become extinct. I guess you'd have to bank on the chance that both sides will learn to correct the mistakes of the past, you by helping cure them, and them by taking some population control measures in the future. Either way, I'm looking forward to see what kind of consequences there will be when we get our hands on the game in two weeks.

Dashui on
    Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166
  • GoombaGoomba __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2007
    Hey guys did you see this?
    masseffect_62_745x440.jpg

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zetetic ElenchZetetic Elench Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    devoir wrote: »
    devoir wrote: »
    Okay, but I can't see why you can't rewrite a new genophage that isn't going to wipe out their species. And you can't do that without removing the threat of the current genophage.

That might not be an option. Their genetics may dictate that either you mostly stop them from breeding, or you don't.

That seems ridiculous. :P

I reckon the threat of simply wiping them out/doing another genophage-type assault if they don't get their breeding under control should be enough. They've seen what happens when the rest of the galaxy gangs up on them, they should get themselves sorted.

Why would that seem ridiculous? I'm assuming that the genophage can only alter a little bit of their DNA, right? Otherwise they could have just completely re-arranged their genetics to breed less, or die sooner, or whatever.

And the threat of another genophage won't work. They'll have the cure, it'll be out there. It's pure speculation, of course, but it would probably only need a little alteration to nullify any other varieties of genophage you throw at them.

The krogan were kicking ass until the genophage. The rest of the galaxy ganging up really wouldn't be that much of a problem for them.

Zetetic Elench on
    nemosig.png
    edited November 2007
    So, what are you guys going to do? Destroy it or save it? :P

Dashui on
  • TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Goomba wrote: »

I don't know what that is exactly, but it's sexy.

Taramoor on
    edited November 2007
    Dashui wrote: »
    I'm clearly going to side with Wrex because Wrex is awesome.

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Dashui wrote: »

Destroy it. Fuck the Krogans, it just doesn't seem worth the risk to let a species of super tough doom lizards with adequate intelligence AND the damn birth rate of rabbits live.

Fiaryn on
    Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • Alucard6986Alucard6986 xbox: Ubeltanzer swtor: UbelRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I don't know, they're kind of cooler than all the other aliens combined though.

Alucard6986 on
    PSN: Ubeltanzer Blizzard: Ubel#1258
    edited November 2007
    You could probably avoid having that confrontation with Wrex in the first place if you simply don't recruit him. :) I probably will, I imagine an achievement might be tied to him, but I'll just be using the turian and Ashley the whole time. I really like that turian from what I've seen in the videos.

Dashui on
  • Mei HikariMei Hikari Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Fuck the council, I'm saving the asskicking lizards.

Mei Hikari on
    edited November 2007
    Yeah, but, Wrex is cool, unlike that punk Turian.

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • devoirdevoir Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Why would that seem ridiculous? I'm assuming that the genophage can only alter a little bit of their DNA, right? Otherwise they could have just completely re-arranged their genetics to breed less, or die sooner, or whatever.

My line of thought is that the genophage was a rush job considering the situation they were in. They have the benefit of more time and a much, much smaller Krogan population.
    The krogan were kicking ass until the genophage. The rest of the galaxy ganging up really wouldn't be that much of a problem for them.

I didn't mean just militarily, and you have to take into account that as they are, they're considered a non-threat. As fast as their reproduction is, they're on the verge of extinction at the moment, so I'm sure the Council could exert enough pressure to make it rampantly obvious to them that it'd be stupid to try breeding their way into a war-capable force again.

I'm sure there are other solutions aside from a genophage, and with the Council prepared this time, I think it'd be different.

But hey. =) Speculation. Cool none the less.

devoir on
    edited November 2007
    So apparently we're getting one or more screenshots per weekday on the official ME site until release! That's a pleasant schedule to keep us going.

Edit: Of course, the official forum guys are bitching about how it would be better if they were videos. They are genuinely depressing.

Zetetic Elench on
    nemosig.png
  • GreeperGreeper Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I'm in Pre-game ecstacy.

I love life.

I love Mass Effect.

I love you guys.

INTERNET HUGS FOR ALL.

Greeper on
  • PancakePancake Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Edit: Of course, the official forum guys are bitching about how it would be better if they were videos. They are genuinely depressing.

God, really? I really, really hate those people. They're some of the least appreciative people I've ever seen and I'd like to choke the life out of every single one.

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • devoirdevoir Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Greeper wrote: »
    I'm in Pre-game ecstacy.

I love life.

I love Mass Effect.

I love you guys.

INTERNET HUGS FOR ALL.

*HUGS*

devoir on
  • Glenn565Glenn565 Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Greeper wrote: »
    I'm in Pre-game ecstacy.

I love life.

I love Mass Effect.

I love you guys.

INTERNET HUGS FOR ALL.

> Give Hugs

Glenn565 on
    3DS code:4511-0654-1976
    NNID: Glenn565
  • TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Oh, the girl-on-alien lesbian sex scene is up on Kotaku, IGN, and a million other sites.

You know, if anyone cares.

http://kotaku.com/gaming/clips/mass-effect-handles-inter+species-sex-with-restraint-dignity-320241.php

Taramoor on
  • PancakePancake Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Taramoor wrote: »
    Oh, the girl-on-alien lesbian sex scene is up on Kotaku, IGN, and a million other sites.

http://kotaku.com/gaming/clips/mass-effect-handles-inter+species-sex-with-restraint-dignity-320241.php

I hate you.

So, so much.

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • Chrono PaladinChrono Paladin Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I was actually expecting a Terminator 2-esque thumbs up from that hand at the end.
    I DON'T KNOW WHAT'S WRONG WITH ME

Chrono Paladin on
  • Cynic JesterCynic Jester Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    WHERE ARE THE NIPPLES. THE NIPPLES.
    Not really

Cynic Jester on
  • UltimaGeckoUltimaGecko Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Not that I wish to derail this thread in to a cacophony of Goomba yelling at people for mentioning breasts and ...sentinels, I guess, but...

I can't help but notice that that video has a distinct lack of alien breasts. I suppose this is to be expected in a way, since it's a public broadcast and they may very well not be present in human-alien encounters or something. I can't help but thing the 'bristling with nipples' section of some peoples' brains will be irreversibly damaged. In any case, I'm still thinking it's probably best without them as I think it'd be a bit strange if I was playing and a family member or roommate walked by and saw alien/psuedo-lesbian lovemaking going on in a video game with graphic authenticity. Although I'm still wondering if they're around in some other form.

...also, it kind of had bad dialogue transitions going on...but maybe I'm the only one thinking that.

UltimaGecko on
    The facehuggers want to play with you in the AvP LP. Facehuggers also want you to check out the TF2 cards here. View the in-progress RE mansion recreation for L4D here.
    Bitstream wrote: »
    People respect a man who might do science at any moment.
  • tarrin4evertarrin4ever Registered User regular
    edited November 2007

That better not be a final cut!

tarrin4ever on
  • BirudojinBirudojin Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    That scene is from a sideplot, not your primary romance :) If you look, you can also tell that the asari is not the same one as Liara (the asari romance option) in case you want more than just my word for it.

Birudojin on
  • UltimaGeckoUltimaGecko Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I wasn't aware 'teh sekhs' was appropriate reimbursement for 'letter delivery'.

I suppose I'm partially relieved and partially disappointed that this is a subplot.

UltimaGecko on
    The facehuggers want to play with you in the AvP LP. Facehuggers also want you to check out the TF2 cards here. View the in-progress RE mansion recreation for L4D here.
    Bitstream wrote: »
    People respect a man who might do science at any moment.
  • Fatty McBeardoFatty McBeardo Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Man if what I hear is correct, I don't like one Turian.

Yeah, they come across as a race of Machiavellis. With the Krogan, you know what you're getting. The Turians come across as something equally dangerous, maybe worse.

Fatty McBeardo on
    edited November 2007
    So, wh-

Goddamnit.

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SiliconStewSiliconStew Registered User regular
    edited November 2007

'teh pr0n' disagrees.

SiliconStew on
    Just remember that half the people you meet are below average intelligence.
  • HounHoun Registered User regular
    edited November 2007

It must have been some really, really good news.

(Like she just saved a bunch of money on Starship Insurance by switching to Geiko.)

Houn on
  • Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    edited November 2007

It's usually reserved for pizza delivery or plumbing service but changing up stuff like that is what's going to make this GAEM UF THE YEER.

Magic Pink on
  • Alucard6986Alucard6986 xbox: Ubeltanzer swtor: UbelRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Birudojin wrote: »
    That scene is from a sideplot, not your primary romance :) If you look, you can also tell that the asari is not the same one as Liara (the asari romance option) in case you want more than just my word for it.

Yeah this is just some random whore.

Alucard6986 on
    PSN: Ubeltanzer Blizzard: Ubel#1258
    edited November 2007
    I could make a post about how this is really
    now it shows up as a button!
    but I don't want to spoil the game so I'll just stick to
    God I hate you guys.
    instead.

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HounHoun Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Birudojin wrote: »

Yeah this is just some random whore.

Fry: This is awesome! Are we gonna fly through space fighting monsters and teaching alien women to love?
    Professor Farnsworth: If by that you mean transporting cargo, then yes!

Houn on
  • MidViciousMidVicious Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I don't give a damn about a rug-munching lesbian scene...

I want the PC version! Give me the PC version or I'll... I'll... I'll do something so drastic you don't even wanna know!

*wipes tears and runs out of thread*

MidVicious on
    "When you're in the type of business we're in, you don't get a criminal lawyer, you get a criminal lawyer!"
    -- Jesse, Breaking Bad
    edited November 2007
    Look, it's an emotional time for everybody.

Zetetic Elench on
    nemosig.png
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    12 days until the 360 release
    1272 days until maybe a PC release maybe

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dsplaisteddsplaisted Registered User regular
    edited November 2007

I don't know what that is exactly, but it's sexy.

Based on the book, it looks like the (insignificant spoiler)
    citadel headquarters.

I just finished the book, I enjoyed it quite a bit. Can't wait for the game to come out, although I may have to choose between Mass Effect and Super Mario Galaxy in the short term.

dsplaisted on
    2850-1.png
  • AccualtAccualt Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I bought the Mass Effect book last night and am going to start reading it during lunch breaks in anticipation of the game.
    MidVicious wrote: »
    I don't give a damn about a rug-munching lesbian scene...

I want the PC version! Give me the PC version or I'll... I'll... I'll do something so drastic you don't even wanna know!

*wipes tears and runs out of thread*

Buy a 360?

Seriously. At this point just bite the bullet.

Accualt on
  • captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Bioware has all but completely denied the possibility of a PC version. You're in for a long wait, with a good possibility of no payoff anyways.

captaink on
    edited November 2007
    It's interesting how there are still some old videos on youtube I've never seen anywhere else. Like this "explore" video from, like, 2006. It is so cool, though it doesn't show us anything new, and I haven't seen it on any other sites.

Edit: Okay, and this video is so much cooler than the other versions of that section we've seen laying around. Squish!

Zetetic Elench on
    nemosig.png
This discussion has been closed.