As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Snoop Dogg's Gonna Save Roscoe's Chicken N' Waffles From Collapsing

Indie WinterIndie Winter die KräheRudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
snooproscoes.jpg
As you can imagine, there were plenty of emotional reactions over the news of East Coast Foods Inc., the parent company of Roscoe's House of Chicken 'n Waffles, filing for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection, but none were as honest, or priceless, as Snoop Dogg's.

TMZ caught up with two iconic Los Angeles rappers, Warren G and The Doggfather himself, as they were coming out of Lure Nightclub in Hollywood, Tuesday night. The pair was asked to share their thoughts on Roscoe's financial hardships.

Warren G responded in utter disbelief. "I ain't even know," the Regulate rapper from Long Beach said.

While Snoop seemed legitimately surprised — he suggested the perfect solution. "What happened?!" Snoop said with a stern look on his face after hearing the news. "Bankruptcy? Roscoe's bankru — . . . no they didn't! I guess I'm going to have to buy it man, and make it Snoop Dogg's Chicken 'N Waffles, homie. They play too much man, I'm goin' go on and get it."

Snoop has publicly shown his love for Roscoe's in the past, in one instance, even taking Larry King to the waffle place, because he said it's his, "favorite spot."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rY3af47rcg

wY6K6Jb.gif

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    Roscoe's is on my list of restaurants to eat at before I die so this makes me very happy

BlankZoe on
    CYpGAPn.png
  • Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    I trust in the Doggzilla

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Roscoe's is on my list of restaurants to eat at before I die so this makes me very happy

Come to California and we can go!

(they also built a new one near Disneyland it is the best)

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • BillyIdleBillyIdle What does "katana" mean? It means "Japanese sword."Registered User regular
    Roscoe's is fantastic. It's usually pretty busy too, I will be shocked if they actually close down.

PSN: BillyIdle_
  • TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    I've never had Roscoe's but I've had Gladys Knight's Chicken and Waffles and it's damn good, especially when eaten at the appropriate time in the middle of the night.

I hope Snoop saves Roscoe's.

• BarcardiBarcardi All the Wizards Under A Rock: AfganistanRegistered User regular
    Roscoe's is so damn good that i'm surprised that they would be anywhere near bankruptcy. That place is a mecca. I hope this actually works out.

• sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Apparently they're in the red because they were successfully sued by an employee for discrimination. Which sucks. I know next to nothing about it, other than it sucks for everyone not getting a payout.

Please bail them out, Snoop, their shit is so good.

• THESPOOKYTHESPOOKY papa! Registered User regular
    TankHammer wrote: »
    I've never had Roscoe's but I've had Gladys Knight's Chicken and Waffles and it's damn good, especially when eaten at the appropriate time in the middle of the night.

I hope Snoop saves Roscoe's.

Fuckin' A, best food you can get on Peachtree in Atlanta

d4753b065e9d63cc25203f06160a1cd1.png
  • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    I mean it's fried chicken and waffles so you'll probably die there anyways

YL9WnCY.png
  • WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    sarukun wrote: »
    Apparently they're in the red because they were successfully sued by an employee for discrimination. Which sucks. I know next to nothing about it, other than it sucks for everyone not getting a payout.

It also sucks for the person who was discriminated against, my dude

• WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
  • XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    Snoop Dogg for president

• TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    I've never heard of the place but chicken and waffles sounds good

• WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    Xehalus wrote: »
    Snoop Dogg for president

Snoop/Ye 2020

Just in time to save us of from president trump

• GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    How does that single lawsuit put a company in the red?

Unless it's Hogan level money. But it isn't. $1.6 million, while not nothing, wouldn't sink a business.

Gvzbgul on
  • TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    Gvzbgul wrote: »
    How does a single lawsuit put a company in the red?

numerous plaintiffs?

• wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Gvzbgul wrote: »
    How does a single lawsuit put a company in the red?

This comment from the Uproxx article might be enlightening
    Just got a bit of the scoop and East Coast Foods estimates that it owes creditors between $10 million and $50 million, but has assets amounting to less than $50,000. That sounds like a pretty terrible business model, one that deserves to fail. The legal issue involves firing a whistleblower that complained about discrimination. Still, I would expect systemic problems based on size of judgment.

Assuming it's true

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    oh man fuck no this cannot happen

I am going to Roscoes this weekend to show solidarity

• sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Whippy wrote: »
    sarukun wrote: »

It also sucks for the person who was discriminated against, my dude
    Yeah, you're right, though I imagine the compensation helps with that. It was not a small amount of money.