As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Camp Comic] Tuesday, February 17, 2015 - Dear Mom 2

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited February 2015 in Camp Weedonwantcha

image[Camp Comic] Tuesday, February 17, 2015 - Dear Mom 2

Dear Mom 2

Dear Mom 2

http://campcomic.com/comic/182

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Options
    GladornGladorn Registered User new member
    "Most of the kids here."

Heh.

• Options
    VisionAriVisionAri Registered User regular
    :(

Maybe it doesn't matter, though. I doubt Malachi's mom would feel anything but annoyance at the possibility of the bird dropping a feather (or worse) on her windowsill.

• Options
    currypcurryp Registered User regular
    lulz, so dark ^^ !

• Options
    FoggenFoggen Registered User regular
    Don't worry about the letter, it wouldn't have gotten there anyway. I'm pretty convinced everybody in the comic is dead and the camp is Purgatory.

• Options
    rockhound12345rockhound12345 Registered User new member
    edited February 2015
    I think some of the kids came here voluntarily. They thought they weren't wanted so they saw an ad in the newspaper or something and wanted to leave. The fact that these letters don't make it back is important because his mom actually wants him back and would go try to find him.

Seventeen's story left out the part were she actually left/was sent off. She may have been taken. She was in the box they put her in, but it doesn't show her being picked up or her family calling someone to come get her.

It might also be some person thinking they are helping these kids by taking them out of their bad situations.

This would actually make it sadder because most/all of these kids have families that are desperately looking for them/missing them.

I haven't read all the previous comments. Is this a thought that others have had?

rockhound12345 on
  • Options
    Mr Fish 86Mr Fish 86 Registered User regular
    HEY! Malachi's hair's back! And Seventeen and Brian have their eyebrows again!... I assume

• Options
    hajenhajen Registered User regular
    nice recap - gets us set up for chapter two
    nice cat - not even trying to hide, but still overlook-able
    and nice reminder about nature - red in tooth and claw

makes me wonder if or how the other campers' missives home are intercepted with extreme prejudice.

• Options
    TrueLinkTrueLink Registered User regular
    Awe. I liked Malachi's shorter hair. But I guess it was necessary since leaving him short haired would also mean leaving Seventeen and Brian... singed.

• Options
    davidhbrowndavidhbrown Registered User regular
    Nice work warping/distorting the text on the letter in panel 9; great attention to detail! I had expected you were going to take a couple weeks off... but that's not a complaint :-)

• Options
    Roymaster45Roymaster45 Registered User regular
    Is it just me, or does Brian look scared/creeped out as s*** every time we see his face in this one?

• Options
    bakeitsobakeitso Registered User new member
    I agree.. Brian has been looking more stressed out after he screamed into a pillow a few months ago.

• Options
    WasamiWasami Registered User regular
    Brian has a presentiment about the pidgeon's fate.

• Options
    RedCrow7RedCrow7 Registered User regular
    I love the first three panels of this page. Even without the text, it would say so much about the characters. Malachi is off to the side, watching the other kids play. Seventeen is joyfully chasing animals, with childish ferocity. Brian watches over her, a gentle giant. He pulls off a St. Francis, and a bird comes to him. So good.

• Options
    EmmetRyanEmmetRyan Registered User regular
    Hi!

For me this comic went from "Meh, what is this thing, kids at camp, getting into highjinks, ugh pretty juvenile and American, guess I'll read a couple to see if there's any laughs" to "Oh my god, funniest, wickedest, darkest, cruellest, cleverest, subtlest, most genius comic ever!"

Sorry to go all fangirl but wow, the quality of this series starts very highly and gets even better as time goes on. Completely wrong in my first impression. Thought just as season 2 begins it would be a good time to say, you rock :D

PS: Also I feel like I need panel 8 (Malachi cocaine face) as a wallpaper.
    PPS: If I ever have to see something awful happen to 17 and a silent, agonised Brian reaction shot, I may just die, so don't do that :)

• Options
    SargeSarge Registered User regular
    Silly children, wasting a perfectly good source of protein on a foolish attempt to send out a message. They will learn.

• Options
    Talyn RahlTalyn Rahl Registered User regular
    Haha great comic as always I laughed, but also kinda had the feels during Malachi's letter, chuckled a little at "most of the kids here", then full on BELLYLAUGHED at the Hawk :p

TOO good, keep it up Katie you are already a legend.

• Options
    trickcyclisttrickcyclist Registered User regular
    Sooo many beautiful little details in this. The pencil with the rubber missing, (just like mine at school) really takes me back. And rubber is English for eraser, stop snickering at the back you vulgar Americans... ;)

• Options
    SargeSarge Registered User regular
    Oh, and I found the kitty. Easy find but I thought I'd say it anyways because nobody else did, and tradition is important.

• Options
    Wait a minuteWait a minute Registered User regular
    @Trickcyclist I had the same thought. The pencil with the missing eraser brought me back more than anything else. Very nice touch

• Options
    kateberlykateberly Registered User regular
    His letters never ever get to his mom do they?

• Options
    MRTFMRTF Registered User regular
    Oh ouch. Their situation is hopeless yet they don't realize it. I guess on their case it's better not to know it but instead have hope.

• Options
    John LittleJohn Little Registered User regular
    Okay, after having just finished reading chapter one this morning, I have to say that I love this. :-)