As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[April Fools'] The Return of the Best Day of the Year

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    igrgrqcx4zbm.jpg

this was the post put up on the Civil Defense Facebook for one of the other regions in NZ.

They have a great facebook page even on normal days.

• Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
  • Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Al_wat wrote: »

That's actually a real thing.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    have i been reverse april fooled

or just regular april fooled

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Al_wat wrote: »
    have i been reverse april fooled

or just regular april fooled

Boy you're gonna look quite the fool.

An April Fool, as it were.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    The best April Fool's joke is that last year they put up the first Homestar Runner in years

And then put up like 3 more and are still releasing new ones every couple months

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    Spotify just put up TLOP

if it isn't an April Fool then Kanye sure picked some auspicious timing

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    I was going to record a fake pokemon variety show like those terrible ones that are 15 minutes of nonsense chatter and 30 seconds of game stuff but I couldn't secure a camera.

Or any Japanese people.

Stupid Pittsburgh

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Google has apparently already completely fucked up.

Gmail put a button right next to "send" that's send with a fucking minion doing a mic drop. Now people are misclicking accidentally sending minion gifs on things like funeral announcements and job applications.

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    G H O S T E D

• Options
    Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    oh my god

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    You guys know that's all part of the joke right?
    Like the button is bright yellow and there's a giant alert about it when you compose an email.

King Riptor on
  • Options
    Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    The funeral email is a mockup by the tweeter (he confirmed it) but I dunno about the rest

• Options
    The funeral email is a mockup by the tweeter (he confirmed it) but I dunno about the rest

I think dude just fell for this super hard.

• Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    if it helps them, i laughed a bit

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    Sir PlatypusSir Platypus Registered User regular
    Well if someone is e-mailing about a potential future job, that's not the worst way to stand out from the pack.

• Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    You know what?

That's actually hysterical

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    nusunusu Registered User regular
    I'm sad this isn't an actual DLC for Armello:

• Options
    Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    Aphostile wrote: »
    I'm still hoping "The Ranch" show that's supposed to drop on Netflix that they keep autoplaying a terrible trailer for, is all an elaborate April Fool's joke.

Maybe it is.

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOo.

See the best would be if instead of actually releasing the Ranch, they had like a new season of Kimmy Schmidt or Bojack ready to launch and were all like " Ok I know we made ridiculous six and Richie Rich, but c'mon now"

Well the new season of Kimmy Schmidt does come out April 15...

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    nusu wrote: »
    I'm sad this isn't an actual DLC for Armello:

Hopefully they pull a Saints Row: Enter the Dominatrix/ThinkGeek and actually make it.

• Options
    AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    hmmmmmmm

yeah I can't say I like this gmail joke, frankly, it was bound to result in bad things happening to overworked people pressing the wrong button by mistake because they're in a rush to send off important emails while tired

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    I can't read.

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod

I think dude just fell for this super hard.
    Pranks within pranks...very meta.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    There are two buttons. One is bright orange with a dropping mic on it, and the other is "Send". One of them has a giant banner with an animated minion dropping a mic on it, pointing to that banner, and the other is "Send".

Like... Exactly how much more clear could this be made?

• Options
    Vicious_GSRVicious_GSR Dude Principality of ZeonRegistered User regular
    Final Fantasy 7 is the worst game in the whole series.

Enjoy:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-59VTV_1NTQ

• Options
    Vicious_GSRVicious_GSR Dude Principality of ZeonRegistered User regular
    Xehalus wrote: »

That's really cool that they did that. :D

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    YouTube's is good, wish it was on more videos though.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPEJB-FCItk

• Options
    dporowski wrote: »
    There are two buttons. One is bright orange with a dropping mic on it, and the other is "Send". One of them has a giant banner with an animated minion dropping a mic on it, pointing to that banner, and the other is "Send".

Like... Exactly how much more clear could this be made?

One is exactly where a previously often used button was. Now imagine it's 2am, you're really tired and have been working all day and evening on something. You're stressed but you've finally finished whatever you were working on, and send it off just like you usually do. Yeah, it's going to be pretty easy to just have it not click, especially when it's in a place you're used to being a perfectly normal button.

But frankly, putting an april fool's day prank into an enormously used email client that is going to be used for professional purposes and then slapping it over where a frequently used function is... If you're surprised that people have made mistakes then honestly that's just incredibly short-sighted.

• Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    I guess they must have just figured that making it bright orange, labelling it, putting an animated mic on it, putting a banner up with an arrow pointing to it with a minion dropping a mic, and making the warning roughly 1/3 the size of the entire "compose" window would do it.

Silly, in retrospect.

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Not everyone uses the exact same browser settings as you. People have pop-up blockers, script filters, templates for often visited pages

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    I guess they must have just figured that making it bright orange, labelling it, putting an animated mic on it, putting a banner up with an arrow pointing to it with a minion dropping a mic, and making the warning roughly 1/3 the size of the entire "compose" window would do it.

Silly, in retrospect.

Yep it was quite silly to put all that bullshit on an email client in the first place, you are correct.

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options

Silly, in retrospect.

I'm sorry you seem incapable of having any empathy for the people who have had genuine strife over this prank.

When a prank starts to cause people actual problems, it goes from being a prank to being something awful. The people who came up with this idea should've considered every possible outcome, and it's painfully obvious they did not.

• Options
    Fake April Fools products reminds me of, and gives me an excuse to post, this

https://youtu.be/bNZ5v0vrsyM

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    April Fools is the best day to announce things that will actually really happen

Joke announcements are played out

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Did gmail remove the button? I'm on gmail and there's only the normal send button

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Yeah it's gone.

• Options
    BarcardiBarcardi All the Wizards Under A Rock: AfganistanRegistered User regular
  • Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    I am a fan of John Stamos Day on Netflix.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227