As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Club Nintendo: R.I.P. 2008-2015

1848586878890»

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    Yes, I need teh coins :p I would definitely be down for friending people here if I knew how.

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    Cameron_TalleyCameron_Talley Registered User regular
    I noticed people at GAF were all friending each other in their Miitomo thread, no reason we couldn't do the same.

How exactly do you to this, though?

I don't know, some people are posting QR codes, others just a direct link to their twitter.

My impression was that the QR codes would only let you create a Mii. The only way to add friends indirectly is to have it suggested, so the friend in question needs to follow you on twitter or Facebook AND have those accounts linked.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4598-4278-8875
    3DS Friend Code: 0404-6826-4588 PM if you add.
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Okay, I learned something. If you want to use the same Mii as on your 3DS and Wii U, MAKE SURE YOU ALLOW COPYING FOR YOUR MII BEFORE DOWNLOADING MIITOMO.

I didn't, and the only way to fix the situation was to delete and redownload Miitomo. Simply allowing copying didn't work.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    ChiselphaneChiselphane Registered User regular
    Yeah I like it so far but the likelihood I'll have any friends on it is very low. I don't use Twitter, I dont think anyone on my FB even has a 3DS. I had hoped face to face would work like streetpass but thats not the case, you have to both tap a symbol at the same time. Downside of being a social recluse I guess.

• Options
    edited March 2016
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Okay, I learned something. If you want to use the same Mii as on your 3DS and Wii U, MAKE SURE YOU ALLOW COPYING FOR YOUR MII BEFORE DOWNLOADING MIITOMO.

I didn't, and the only way to fix the situation was to delete and redownload Miitomo. Simply allowing copying didn't work.

Really? I was trying to scan my QR code from Tomodachi Life and hit this problem. Make it copyable and then was able to scan it in no problem. Maybe it's different if you are using the linked account one?

P.S. - pro tip if you don't already know. Using a Tomodachi Life code if you have one will automatically fill in all the other boxes for you and save you some time.

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    I'm 475 points away from that Zelda picross.

That face-to-face thing apparently requires two physical devices, so there's no way for me to cheat it in the short term. I really don't want to create and link Facebook/Twitter.

At this point, as neat as this program is, it's shaping up to be nothing more than something to farm coins with. And at that point... what's the point?

Best case scenario is that I guess PA starts up some sort of Miitomo sharing group, wherein we all answer each other's questions and heart comments, all for the daily coins.

I'm just not convinced yet that the base function of Miitomo is even worth it.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    TayaTaya Registered User regular

That face-to-face thing apparently requires two physical devices, so there's no way for me to cheat it in the short term. I really don't want to create and link Facebook/Twitter.

At this point, as neat as this program is, it's shaping up to be nothing more than something to farm coins with. And at that point... what's the point?

Best case scenario is that I guess PA starts up some sort of Miitomo sharing group, wherein we all answer each other's questions and heart comments, all for the daily coins.

It's a social media app. It's main function isn't to earn coins even if that's why a lot of people downloaded it. If you don't want to add your friends then you're not going to get much from it.

• Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular

Then you're probably not the target audience for Miitomo.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    cloudeagle wrote: »

Really? I was trying to scan my QR code from Tomodachi Life and hit this problem. Make it copyable and then was able to scan it in no problem. Maybe it's different if you are using the linked account one?

P.S. - pro tip if you don't already know. Using a Tomodachi Life code if you have one will automatically fill in all the other boxes for you and save you some time.

Well, fuck. I've allowed copying on my Mii on both my Wii U and my 3DS, and Miitomo STILL won't let me use my Mii. Not even the Tomodachi Life method works. Grrr.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    Taya wrote: »

It's a social media app. It's main function isn't to earn coins even if that's why a lot of people downloaded it. If you don't want to add your friends then you're not going to get much from it.

It's less "I don't want to add my friends" and more "I don't think I can convince my friends to download and use this".

I'm still not entirely sure what this even is still.

If it's just a Nintendo messenger app with Mii's, nobody I know is going to seriously use it. They'll just use the messenger app that everybody in the world uses.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    We now have a dedicated Miitomo thread.

I'm gonna cross-post this across our Nintendo threads so I can inform as many people as possible, so please understand if you read this multiple times.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    IncindiumIncindium Registered User regular
    So do I actually want to spend points on a "points box" or is that unavoidable?

steam_sig.png
    Nintendo ID: Incindium
    PSN: IncindiumX
  • Options
    Incindium wrote: »
    So do I actually want to spend points on a "points box" or is that unavoidable?

I think you have to do it as part of the tutorial.

• Options
    HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    whelp set this all up. By doing basically nothing I've ended up with:
    410 Silver points and uhh 305 Miitomo points

I'm a bit unsure about this new myNintendo but I guess we'll see.

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    Wait, what did pre-registering accomplish again?

FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    NeurotikaNeurotika Registered User regular
  • Options
    It's so nice to see rewards back after they were gone for so long. I'm gonna have to see if I have that Pikmin 3 DLC when I get home...if not I'm probably gonna grab it.

FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Wait, what did pre-registering accomplish again?

You got free coins I believe (both in-game and My Nintendo platinum coins). I also had some free tickets but I'm not sure if that was from preregistering or from downloading in the first couple days like the Mario hat was

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    See if this works...I scaled it down to 400 pixels.

gTeBjMu.png?1

• Options
    Just crossed 1000 platinum points after Nintendo sent me a bonus 200 points via e-mail for being a Club Nintendo member.

Thinking I'll probably grab Wario Ware Touched.

FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    Just crossed 1000 platinum points after Nintendo sent me a bonus 200 points via e-mail for being a Club Nintendo member.

Jesus tapdancing Christ. I got an email today from Nintendo, and instantly threw it out since it just looked like an ad for something I already knew about. After reading this, I ran back to undelete it, and sure enough there's a pin for 200 points.

Thank you for the heads up! I wouldn't have known otherwise. :D

• Options

Jesus tapdancing Christ. I got an email today from Nintendo, and instantly threw it out since it just looked like an ad for something I already knew about. After reading this, I ran back to undelete it, and sure enough there's a pin for 200 points.

Thank you for the heads up! I wouldn't have known otherwise. :D

I also deleted this email thinking it was just an ad. Thank you!

• Options
    HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited April 2016
    woo also didn't notice the points card in that e-mail!

edit - how in the world did you hit 1000 platinum points? I seem to have hit 700 and don't see any other ways to get another 300 points!

Hardtarget on
    steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    Hardtarget wrote: »
    woo also didn't notice the points card in that e-mail!

edit - how in the world did you hit 1000 platinum points? I seem to have hit 700 and don't see any other ways to get another 300 points!

The only way to have more than 700 right now is via Miitomo. For the rest of us we have to rely on the two weekly missions for the next several weeks.

• Options
    dresdenphiledresdenphile Watch out for snakes!Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    Where do you input the PIN for the bonus coins for the email? It says to click "here" for instructions, but it's not an actual link.

Edit: Never mind. It's in the little Chrome-esque hamburger icon on the far left.

dresdenphile on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
  • Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    I was just about to change the name on this one, but alrighty then. Maybe someone can lock this one up?

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!