As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Fighting Games] Discussion Round 3 - Fight!

• Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    Tomorrow is going to be a long day at work. I desire combos of the ultra kind
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHEegUegYB4

• ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    How do you play that game on PC? Like...where do I go to get it? You can do a one character demo for free, right?

uyvfOQy.png
  • Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    Reynolds wrote: »
    How do you play that game on PC? Like...where do I go to get it? You can do a one character demo for free, right?

I'd assume it will show up in the Windows 10 store once it goes live. You can purchase Season 3 on Xbox One currently. And your purchase carries over to PC.

Where or what is the Windows 10 store? I actually did a search before asking that earlier question and got confused enough to ask here.

uyvfOQy.png
  • KelorKelor Registered User regular
    Where or what is the Windows 10 store? I actually did a search before asking that earlier question and got confused enough to ask here.

It's only available if you have Windows 10 installed on your computer, and basically is Microsoft's version of the app store.

Also it locks you into many graphical options.

Will probably be Games for Windows Live 2.0, except at least this time they're not stupid enough to ask PC owners to pay a monthly fee to play online.

• KelorKelor Registered User regular
    I will say, while I do appreciate trial mode in the update, and the fact that it is able to give you a quick demo of how to perform it I had really hoped that it would be a bit more extensive with regards to each character's B&B combos.

Or even if the character playstyle demos did that rather than just breaking down some of a character's special moves.

It's a minor thing and you can find exactly this on youtube, but it seems like a no brainer to include if you're really looking to draw in new audiences.

• P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    https://microsoft.com/en-us/store/games/killer-instinct/9nblggh1z149
    it's not out until 8am pdt tho

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • evilthecatevilthecat Registered User regular
    Kelor wrote: »
    I will say, while I do appreciate trial mode in the update, and the fact that it is able to give you a quick demo of how to perform it I had really hoped that it would be a bit more extensive with regards to each character's B&B combos.

Or even if the character playstyle demos did that rather than just breaking down some of a character's special moves.

It's a minor thing and you can find exactly this on youtube, but it seems like a no brainer to include if you're really looking to draw in new audiences.

the trials sadly don't really reflect the way the game is played.
    so many jump in combos and combos that seem to be less effective but trickier to pull off input-wise.
    eh, free fight money though!

tip.. tip.. TALLY.. HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
  • GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    BlueBlue wrote: »
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    Stupid it is.
    yCqHFNS.png
    For a split-second I got excited that Pokken DLC had been announced, I'd buy the crap out of Hawlucha.

• BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    That new R. Mika costume is goofy as fuck, so in the running theme of wrasslin' it's basically perfect :lol:

Also, KI Season 3 hype goooooo!

BRIAN BLESSED on
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    KI questions:
    • Free-to-Play with Jago and a monthly rotating character? Please tell me that's been changed to weekly or bi-weekly rotation? A whole month with only one character? Ugh.
    • Is there an internal "fight money" system or is it all cash?
    • Does KI support Steam?
    • Any ways to get the KI/KI2 games/soundtracks or are they XB1 exclusive?

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    I can answer two of those.

There is fight money but it is only for accessories. Characters cost real money.

No, it does not support Steam.

• Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    It turns out I have Killer Instinct s1 at least. I suppose I should probably try to learn this game...

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • ArchsorcererArchsorcerer Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    Man, this thread is about to hit page 100. It lasted like 3 EVOs iirc.

EDIT: Zangief's alt looks great.

https://youtu.be/X9qGSYPc42E

Archsorcerer on
    XBL - ArchSilversmith

"We have years of struggle ahead, mostly within ourselves." - Made in USA
  • Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    Ranked rematch is a great addition.

Also I don't know how to play against chun li.

Ah_Pook on
  • Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    I'm finding ranked rematch to be fairly worthless against anybody over silver, as anybody gold and over still just disconnects anyway if they lose the first fight.

I don't suppose the anti-DC punishment that should've been absolutely mandatory at launch went in with this patch?

Ninja Snarl P on
    edited March 2016
    P10 wrote: »
    https://microsoft.com/en-us/store/games/killer-instinct/9nblggh1z149
    it's not out until 8am pdt tho

One of those weird Windows 10 apps I disabled and ignored when I upgraded to 10 opened up and started downloading this for me. So I think that's good.

But now my computer wants me to sign into Outlook whenever I turn it on or something. Is there some way to unlink my computer from this Windows account thing?

Edit: I think I figured it out, got it to switch back.

Game is fairly fun, but neither of the free characters interests me. I'll check back in next month I guess. I also can't really play it on pad, having to switch between hitting two face buttons at once or hitting the triggers throws me off a lot.

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
    XBL - ArchSilversmith

• cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    Damn. SonicFox blows my mind. Like how can one dude be so good at so many different fighting games. And across different engines at that.

XBL - ArchSilversmith

• Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    Man I don't know what to do with Alex at all

• fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    the folks in the SE+ forum are dissecting him pretty well

i cant wait to yell

AT EASE LOSA

and

WEAK

J3qcnBP.png
  • surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    i hope they give all returning 3s ppl parries 2

obF2Wuw.png
  • surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    chun doesnt get one because she and her players are human filth ok

obF2Wuw.png
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    chun doesnt get one because she and her players are human filth ok

Your hate makes us strong.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    XBL - ArchSilversmith

• cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    Predictable.

• acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    The Geese is leese!

GT: Acidboogie PSNid: AcidLacedPenguiN
  • Page-Page- Registered User regular
    still better looking than that Ken alt.

Competitive Gaming and Writing Blog Updated in October: "Song (and Story) of the Day"
    Anyone want to beta read a paranormal mystery novella? Here's your chance.
    stream
  • mysticjuicermysticjuicer [he/him] I'm a muscle wizard and I cast P U N C HRegistered User regular
    edited March 2016
    wow, Alex's celebration animation is complete garbage

what?

mysticjuicer on
    narwhal wrote:
    Why am I Terran?
    My YouTube Channel! Featuring silly little Guilty Gear Strive videos and other stuff!
  • RavelleRavelle Registered User regular
    What's the preferred platform to get SFV on? Is there a significant difference between PS4 and PC?

D083uBC.jpg
  • templewulftemplewulf The Team Chump USARegistered User regular
    Ravelle wrote: »
    What's the preferred platform to get SFV on? Is there a significant difference between PS4 and PC?

There's cross play, so it doesn't really matter.

However, I prefer PC if only because all my controllers work on it. Plus, I think it loads somewhat faster?

Twitch.tv/FiercePunchStudios | PSN | Steam | Discord | SFV CFN: templewulf
    PC loads faster/looks better

no real difference otherwise, crossplay works like a dream

J3qcnBP.png
    Alright, thanks a bunch guys!

D083uBC.jpg
  • templewulftemplewulf The Team Chump USARegistered User regular
    fRAWRst wrote: »
    PC loads faster/looks better

no real difference otherwise, crossplay works like a dream

Are the graphics actually different? It looks pretty comparable at couch-to-TV distances for me.

Twitch.tv/FiercePunchStudios | PSN | Steam | Discord | SFV CFN: templewulf
    I havent seen comparison videos but im 99.9% sure pc has more details/less blurring

J3qcnBP.png
  • Emperor_ZEmperor_Z Registered User regular
    They still haven't made matchmaking any faster in SF5, eh? It's really jarring coming from playing Pokken for a little while, where the game is so confident that it can find a match in 10 seconds that it will give up and give you a CPU match if it doesn't

Emperor_Z wrote: »
    They still haven't made matchmaking any faster in SF5, eh? It's really jarring coming from playing Pokken for a little while, where the game is so confident that it can find a match in 10 seconds that it will give up and give you a CPU match if it doesn't

I was just about to say, it's Friday evening and it takes forever to find someone, both when active searching and battle request.

And when I do I get matched against level 200 dudes that destroy me in seconds.

D083uBC.jpg
  • ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    fRAWRst wrote: »
    I havent seen comparison videos but im 99.9% sure pc has more details/less blurring

It also has per-object motion blur which is completely absent from the PS4 version (opinion varies to whether or not it's an improvement -- I personally think it looks great).

• Page-Page- Registered User regular
    seems snk sniped one of capcom's long-time fighting game devs. they're obviously serious about this now. which is good.

Competitive Gaming and Writing Blog Updated in October: "Song (and Story) of the Day"
    Anyone want to beta read a paranormal mystery novella? Here's your chance.
    stream