As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[The Division] Manhattan needs us Agents. Execute Directive 51 (Out Now)

• Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    Tried matchmaking for the Daily Challenge 5 times, either the gates were shut or something else fucking up, wasnt even able to enter the challenge mode zone, ever.

This matchmaking system is a pile of dogshit, you can keep your Phoenix Credits, I dont care anymore.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    caligynefobcaligynefob DKRegistered User regular
    Fuck the stupid fucking dz rogue system. Made negative progress today due to an extreme amount of rogues and fuckers running in front of my line of fire making me go rogue. It's a bullshit system for sure.

PS4 - Mrfuzzyhat
  • Options
    SpaffySpaffy Fuck the Zero Registered User regular
    Sirialis wrote: »
    Tried matchmaking for the Daily Challenge 5 times, either the gates were shut or something else fucking up, wasnt even able to enter, ever.

Jesus, this matchmaking system is a pile of dogshit, you can keep your Phoenix Credits, I dont care anymore.

Yeah it's pretty much straight up busted. I haven't been able to get a group that can complete Consulate for two evening's straight, either bugs, kicks or incompetent teams really fucking shit up.

ALRIGHT FINE I GOT AN AVATAR
    Steam: adamjnet
  • Options
    El MuchoEl Mucho Registered User regular
    Tried matchmaking for the Daily Challenge 5 times, either the gates were shut or something else fucking up, wasnt even able to enter, ever.

Jesus, this matchmaking system is a pile of dogshit, you can keep your Phoenix Credits, I dont care anymore.

Set your privacy settings to open and fast travel to the mission. Once there set the difficulty you want. Wait a few minutes and randoms will drop into your game. Bonus is you are also the leader so no one can kick you from the group. Once you're done the missions set your privacy back to friends only.

I was having issues starting missions but haven't had any problems since doing it this way.

BNet: ElMucho#1392
    Origin: theRealElMucho
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    On the bone I never have that much trouble getting groups, even during the dumb sploit happy times.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    El Mucho wrote: »

Set your privacy settings to open and fast travel to the mission. Once there set the difficulty you want. Wait a few minutes and randoms will drop into your game. Bonus is you are also the leader so no one can kick you from the group. Once you're done the missions set your privacy back to friends only.

I was having issues starting missions but haven't had any problems since doing it this way.

I think you misunderstood my post, I wasnt kicked by any players, I just could literally not enter the zone because of those fucking chain link fence gates being closed (or endless loading screens) neither could anyone else in those groups and people eventually left, repeatedly.

Maybe they should fix their shit matchmaking before releasing Incursions.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    El MuchoEl Mucho Registered User regular

I think you misunderstood my post, I wasnt kicked by any players, I just could literally not enter the zone because of that fucking chain link fence (or endless loading screens) neither could anyone else in those groups and people eventually left.

I didn't misunderstand your post. I think you may have misunderstood mine though. I gave you a solution to how to fix non starting missions with an added bonus of having zero chance of being kicked.

BNet: ElMucho#1392
    Origin: theRealElMucho
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    Fuck the stupid fucking dz rogue system. Made negative progress today due to an extreme amount of rogues and fuckers running in front of my line of fire making me go rogue. It's a bullshit system for sure.

Did you try joining a group and/or hoping that the rogues you encounter make joining a group make a difference?

tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Dashui wrote: »
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    I finished the campaign finally.

That sure was an ending. :|

It had an ending?

Thatsthejoke.jpg

But yeah. I don't know what I was hoping for, but it wasn't that.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular

It had an ending?

Thatsthejoke.jpg

...? It's blatantly obvious they're keeping various loose ends around to let them keep having a story attached to future content.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options

I think you misunderstood my post, I wasnt kicked by any players, I just could literally not enter the zone because of that fucking chain link fence (or endless loading screens) neither could anyone else in those groups and people eventually left.

I didn't misunderstand your post. I think you may have misunderstood mine though. I gave you a solution to how to fix non starting missions with an added bonus of having zero chance of being kicked.

I tried being leader too, no change.

• Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular

I tried being leader too, no change.

Ideally you run into the mission zone after setting the difficulty so it starts up properly and you have confirmed so before starting the matchmaking but that does require the missions starting up properly when you reach the location.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    SimpsoniaSimpsonia Registered User regular

These constant complaints of rogues has me curious. What platform are you on? I wonder if consoles are drawing a younger crowd, comparatively, and bring more rogues. Because, on the PC, I've been killed by rogues a grand total of like 3 times, and I'm at DZ level 45.

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular

It had an ending?

Thatsthejoke.jpg

To have an ending they would have had to have a coherent plot in the first place to attach it to.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    Simpsonia wrote: »

These constant complaints of rogues has me curious. What platform are you on? I wonder if consoles are drawing a younger crowd, comparatively, and bring more rogues. Because, on the PC, I've been killed by rogues a grand total of like 3 times, and I'm at DZ level 45.

On the bone I rarely have been, but I tend to play on pst times early in the morning or late at night. Maybe you east coasters are dicks to each other.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    PhillisherePhillishere Registered User regular

I'm on PS4, but the experience varies wildly. Sometimes, the Dark Zone is either empty or full of people just doing their thing. Sometimes, it's like a Griefer Flare went off, and there are rogues everywhere. I haven't been able to figure if there's a pattern beyond random luck.

• Options
    ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular

When I hit up the DZ on my PS4 account, I don't think I ever heard anybody who wasn't a squeaker complaining about doing dishes or homework or that the person was totally fine skipping bed time because "I'm not even tired!".

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    DashuiDashui Registered User regular

It had an ending?

Thatsthejoke.jpg

To have an ending they would have had to have a coherent plot in the first place to attach it to.

The campaign felt like one long side-quest to me. We never really got to interact with the big picture or events.

Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166
  • Options
    SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    As soon as you see other people, just move in another direction where they are going. If they start following you, then don't attack mobs, maybe just plink them to ensure you get the XP/Loot. Just be really cautious with other people nearby.

You should never be comfortable with randoms near you, even if they appear friendly.

You see a rogue icon in the radar? Stop, open you map and wait for the rogue icon to blip, and see where the rogues are. Near you? Move away from the area. Far away? Make sure to keep checking the map every minute or so, to see where they are moving.

I have only been killed on sight once, all other instances have been because we got sloppy and either hit a non-rogue guy near us, or we let someone run into our line of fire.

• Options
    OddfishOddfish On opposite weeks In odd numbered monthsRegistered User regular
    I got my first ever HE DROP!!!

... double barrel shotgun.

/sigh. I'm gonna log for the day.

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Satsumomo wrote: »
    As soon as you see other people, just move in another direction where they are going. If they start following you, then don't attack mobs, maybe just plink them to ensure you get the XP/Loot. Just be really cautious with other people nearby.

You should never be comfortable with randoms near you, even if they appear friendly.

You see a rogue icon in the radar? Stop, open you map and wait for the rogue icon to blip, and see where the rogues are. Near you? Move away from the area. Far away? Make sure to keep checking the map every minute or so, to see where they are moving.

I have only been killed on sight once, all other instances have been because we got sloppy and either hit a non-rogue guy near us, or we let someone run into our line of fire.

The Dark Zone or... how to live in a high crime area.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular

The Dark Zone or... how to live in a high crime area.

If you are alone, follow the above advice. Most of my rogue deaths are from trying to be a hero.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    Oddfish wrote: »
    I got my first ever HE DROP!!!

... double barrel shotgun.

/sigh. I'm gonna log for the day.

Is it because you won?

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    HandgimpHandgimp R+L=J Family PhotoRegistered User regular
    Hey, are people using the PA Vent or TS3 for external voice comms or just using the in-game? Might be useful to put in the HE WANGTech Steam Group.

PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    Handgimp wrote: »
    Hey, are people using the PA Vent or TS3 for external voice comms or just using the in-game? Might be useful to put in the HE WANGTech Steam Group.

Probably a mix of all of the above and then some other third party solutions knowing us. Our little group last week definitely was on a non-TS/Vent system.

Steel Angel on
    Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    Reminder - http://steamcommunity.com/groups/WANGTECH is our steam group for PC Groupings and Shenanigans. Join High End WANGtech and you too can marvel at our drop rates. If you're playing, hop into the chat and keep an eye out for others doing stuff you need. <3

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    Anybody up for some PS4 Challengings? I'm just making dinner but I'll be on in an hour. I'm Adamjnet.

• Options
    Also where are these fabled loot tables for the Challenging missions?

• Options
    SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    I don't think there's one, but they shouldn't be too hard to come up with, at least for the 3 main missions people were farming.

• Options
    SimpsoniaSimpsonia Registered User regular
    Spaffy wrote: »
    Also where are these fabled loot tables for the Challenging missions?

Off the top of my head:
    Lincoln Tunnel: SMGs, Shotguns, Sidearms, Extended Mags
    Consulate: Assault Rifles, Marksman Rifles, Light Machine Guns, Sights

• Options
    edited April 2016
    The weapon skin sold by the guy at the base is my favourite color, Solid Light Blue, which looks great on a M1A.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    DissentDissent Mr. Fancy Pants Flavour CountryRegistered User regular

I'm on PS4, but the experience varies wildly. Sometimes, the Dark Zone is either empty or full of people just doing their thing. Sometimes, it's like a Griefer Flare went off, and there are rogues everywhere. I haven't been able to figure if there's a pattern beyond random luck.

I got in the middle of an hour-long, full dz grief war last night. A group of three went rogue, a bunch of us randos were right in the area, so for a brief moment, we came together in shared human decency to put them down when...they dropped multiple HE's. Everyone lost their shit. Much xp was lost by all. Never found out where the HE's went as I used the distraction to run in peace...

• Options
    dav3ybdav3yb Registered User regular

Yeah... I'm mainly a bit disappointed because there isn't really any real reason to even risk going rogue. You're most likely going to be geared better than what the other guy is picking up, and if you die it just sets you back so many levels and so much time it's barely worth it. I'll eventually roll myself an ALT character just for rogueing though.

PSN: daveyb1337 || XBL: dav3yb360 || Steam: dav3yb || Switch: SW-5274-1897-8495 || 3DS FC: 2079-7419-8843
  • Options
    Dying as a rogue no longer is the massive penalty it once was.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    Hmm. I don't know what's going on but I haven't matched with a group capable of taking the first group of either the Consulate or the Power Plant in 3 days. Whether they've tuned up the difficulty or there are just a LOT of scrubs around I don't know, but if I can't get a regular group of guys I'm pretty much losing the will to play. It's terribly frustrating.

Spaffy on
  • Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    edited April 2016
    GnomeTank on
    Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    cncaudatacncaudata Registered User regular

It had an ending?

Thatsthejoke.jpg

The campaign felt like one long side-quest to me. We never really got to interact with the big picture or events.

What game are you playing?

I thought this had one of the best "tell the story during the game, don't spoon-feed it, leave some things unanswered but explain most of what happened" stories I've seen...

PSN: Broodax- battle.net: broodax#1163
  • Options
    ArdentArdent Down UpsideRegistered User regular
    edited April 2016
    Had some excellent running gunfights in the DZ with rogues today with @Handgimp, @Aumni, and @Simpsonia. And @GONG-00 my bad.

Definitely more rogue-y than it was a week ago, but for the most part they seem to prey upon DZ01-04 and avoid DZ05-06 where we tend to farm. The two big encounters both occurred near DZ04 as I recall.

Also we may have gone rogue a couple of times. You know. By accident.

Ardent on
    Steam ID | Origin ID: ArdentX | Uplay ID: theardent | Battle.net: Ardent#11476
  • Options
    I see a lot of people really upset about blueprints, but I personally see them as the "quick alternative" to getting that specific gear you want. All other games of this type that I have played, the best gear is simply gotten entirely randomly from mob drops.

Blueprints make getting a 90% perfect gun really easy,but the biggest complainers seem to be the ones that want a set that is 100% perfect. That SHOULD be difficult to get!

My current mission is to find a level 31 black market RPK. The most underrated gun in the game.

Considering the amount of time it takes to farm materials and all, the blueprint option is about as effective as getting the perfect gun through RNG drops though.

Just to touch on this, if we're talking about DZ06 crafting materials (Gold div tech) crafting is much, much slower than random drops from Challenge missions. To give you an example, three days of 4 hour DZ session netted me 5 gold doc techs. That a enough for a single crafting roll. In that same amount of time I could have run Consulate 24 times and had a lot more fun. Crafting is no way the 'easy' way to get gear, it's a back-up to supplement drops.

• Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Hacksaw wrote: »
    Hm, looks like they fixed Finch farming.

Yes it was directly in the patch notes Hacksaw. I know you're in pierce county and all but I'd figure you could still read!

@Preacher

Actually I'm in King county now, which makes me more of a human being than you.

This discussion has been closed.