As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Nintendo Thread: My Nintendo Is Up. You May Now Panic

WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPEDRegistered User regular
edited April 2016 in Social Entropy++
W3HO7Fh.jpg?1

My Nintendo, which is the Club Nintendo replacement program, is here.
Link it up to your Miitomo. Link it up to your Nintendo Network ID. Earn coins, redeem them for like discounts and shit.

Also: oh God, Miitomo is here.

Are you afraid yet?

qSXlrNt.jpg

You will be.

Miitomo on the Apple app store.
Miitomo on the Google Play thing.

Let's talk about Nintendo and try not to lose ourselves to Miitomo, the latest craze sweeping the nation, which has its own thread.

We will continue to wait for a Nintendo Direct.

dN0T6ur.png
Wyborn on

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    I was hoping you were just going to copy the OP for the Sega thread.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    SilverWindSilverWind Registered User regular
    Really sad that you can't link two My Nintendo accounts together, since Club Nintendo had that option. Nor can you have one account for more than one 3DS. We'll be splitting our coins...!

signature.png
    Switch: SW-7603-3284-4227
    My ACNH Wishlists | My ACNH Catalog
  • Options
    TayaTaya Registered User regular
    So is there a Nintendo Direct today or did I fall for an April Fools joke?

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    I don't think there's a Direct today, no. I wouldn't expect another one until May or June really

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    TayaTaya Registered User regular
    Oh apparently someone retweeted last year's Nintendo Direct April 1st announcement and I didn't notice the 4/1/2015 date on it. Carry on.

• Options
    BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    So I downloaded and tried out the Pokken Tournament demo. Seems fun even though I had no idea how to do moves. The shifting of the battles from traditional 2D fighting to a sort of a 3D arena mode is confusing, since I guess your moves can change when the battlefield shifts? Also is this anime lady going to be talking all time in the full game?

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular

My god, they actually released one of the demos they make for all of their games and only put in store kiosks on the eShop

Sales must've been real bad

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Oh shit pokken demo, Nintendo you listen to me

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Considering I've known a number of people who weren't interested in Pokken until they tried it, this seems like a pretty smart move.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    edited April 2016
    Lady, you don't need to keep telling me I lost a lot of health or my support is available I have eyes. Also not being able to pick machamp in the demo sucks.

BronzeKoopa on
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Lady, you don't need to keep telling me I lost a lot of health or my support is available I have eyes. Also not being able to pick machamp in the demo sucks.

in the full game you can turn her off

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    If memory serves, you can actually turn her off in the full game, or turn her frequency down if you just want a little. She starts on "high chattiness" for some reason. Dunno about the demo, though.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Oh hey look. I just got a Miitomo verification email. The date in the email is 24 hours ago so of course it won't work despite the email just being sent to me.

Good Job.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    How big is the Pokken demo?

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    What's with this verification email stuff?

I never had to deal with any verification email?

• Options
    Wyborn wrote: »
    How big is the Pokken demo?

Little over 1GB if I remember. Pikachu, Lucario, Gengar, and Charizard are playable, but you can randomly fight against other characters, just one CPU match and then loops back to the title screen. Only the gamepad is usable in the demo as well.

• Options
    JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    A mistake not putting Pikachu Libre in the demo

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular

I ain't need to buy any game to do that

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular

When i try to sign into Miitomo it says I have to verify and says to put in the code that was emailed to me. The code will only work for an hour. The emails show up 24 hours later.

It makes me do that if I try logging in with both my email or nintendo ID.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    i played the pokken demo, the game seems interesting but i'm not willing to pay full canadian retail for it at this time.

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular

When i try to sign into Miitomo it says I have to verify and says to put in the code that was emailed to me. The code will only work for an hour. The emails show up 24 hours later.

Did you not use a facebook or twitter? This is the first Ive heard of this

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

I ain't need to buy any game to do that

Graham you are aggressively handsome you don't get to make these kinds of jokes

• Options
    Huh

Nintendo's new eshop site works... pretty good! I just bought both GBA Fire Emblems through the website. They... they coudl be on my Wii U right this second

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
    I just finished Earthbound. Who wants to talk about Earthbound?

• Options
    Moth 13 wrote: »

Its ok.

Id like a remake with modern rpg quality of life changes

• Options
    edited April 2016
    Most of the old game jank I got used to. The super low flee success rate can go jump in a lake though.

Moth 13 on
  • Options
    simulacrumsimulacrum She/herRegistered User regular
    edited April 2016

Its ok.

Id like a remake with modern rpg quality of life changes

It was especially hard to go back to after having played Mother 3 first.

simulacrum on
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Mario update: I am on world 5

Using savestates takes a bit of the sting out of losing all my lives but also fuck it, I'm experiencing the levels in their entirety so whatever

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    After playing like a half hour of the Pokken demo, I think I actually really like how this game handles

It's weird as hell, but it's fun

6F32U1X.png
  • Options

I would love to talk about EarthBound. I would love to talk about EarthBound.

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Pikachu Libre is kiiiind of the only reason I am tempted to pick up Pokken

• Options
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Pikachu Libre is kiiiind of the only reason I am tempted to pick up Pokken
    It shouldnt be. The other pokemon are just as unique and fun to use

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Let me tell you about smug body builder Machamp.

He strikes a pose while you are picking your support team between rounds and pops his pecs at you.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    None of the other Pokemon in the game are ones I have ever particularly cared about

Now if they put Ludicolo into the game...

EDIT: Actually I forgot about Weavile, I used to use one of those as a fun anti-meta opener for a good while

Maddoc on
  • Options
    NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular

Earthbound is pretty cool man.

• Options

No. I am using my nintendo account since it a nintendo product. Guess I was wrong thinking that should work.

• Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    I used my Nintendo account, I didn't do any email verification

• Options
    NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    NeoToma wrote: »

Earthbound is pretty cool man.

How rad is Pokey Means Business? They lure you in with 8-bit chiptuney old school final fantasy ass boss music, then the high quality guitars kick in and they shred your face off.

• Options

No. I am using my nintendo account since it a nintendo product. Guess I was wrong thinking that should work.

Are you using your network id or mynintendo? Because they arent the same thing

• Options
    Wyborn wrote: »

I would love to talk about EarthBound. I would love to talk about EarthBound.

Okay!
    Something I realized after finishing, is that for most of the game your goal is to travel from place to place to link your powers with the Earth and eventually become an op superbadass, but in the end it doesn't really matter at all. No matter how overleveled you've become none of that will be able to defeat Giygas. What really defeats Giygas in the end is the love from all the people on the journey that you've shared your experiences with. It's real good "the journey is more important than the destination" type stuff.

It also seems to fit with stuff I was reading about the use of "Destiny" in Earthbound. Everyone knows how these types of games go, even the characters in the game, which is why the point isn't to win, but to savor the experience along the way.

Related, but there was something I really liked in the second coffee break. "Remember, even when you are facing hardships, your enemy is struggling too". It's something you don't see very often, since most villains would act like their plans are unstoppable even as you're smaaaashing them in the face, and it really did make me feel better.

Incidentally, the line that really sold me on the game was Mom's "Oh, Pokey, you don't like Pizza? Well T-O-O Bad."

This discussion has been closed.