As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Agents of [The Division] - Directive 51 remains in effect

• SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    Simpsonia wrote: »
    Welp, that was a big kick in the nuts. I crafted through all the divtech I accumulated from 1-50 and got nothing. Literally nothing useable. Fuck this game.

The only non-HE gear I have is my vest. So I got the blueprint from the DZ that costs Div Tech. First roll, and every single attribute was shit. + Health on kill, + health, + Seeker mine damage, + XP and probably something else. With not a single mod slot.

Fucking great.

• DissentDissent Mr. Fancy Pants Flavour CountryRegistered User regular

I finally rolled my first He gear blueprint last night (for a stamina backpack), took ten tries to get the right talent combo+turret&support station buffs. I might've wasted a ton or electronics and fabrics, but in combination w my Liberator & other mods, my skills can now be deployed almost permanently. With the ammo mod on, I can fire endlessly too--it's pretty solid for challenge runs.

• Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular
    What's that!? A yellow drop!!! :rotate:
    +3% Signature Skill Gain
    +2.5% Smart Cover Duration
    Thanks for the electronics, buddy.

• tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Electronics are annoying to get large quantities of, so the game did you a favor! :P

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • NumiNumi Registered User regular
    Buying HE mods in the dark zone for the expressed purpose of scrapping them works well since they are not all that expensive.

• TulabelleTulabelle Registered User regular
    Just made level 30 last night. Ran around the DZ a bit to try and get that up and am now rank 26. I still have a long way to go as I'm not even in all level 30 gear yet, but still having fun.

• JeixJeix Registered User regular
    At this point I'm just saving all my div tech and parts for when set piece crafting comes out.

I think my gear is good enough for running the new content, no reason to waste it all on gear that will be replaced in two weeks.

• PhillisherePhillishere Registered User regular
    I have decided to keep all my division tech untouched until they figure it out. Right now, I feel like I'll regret trying to craft with it.

• DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    Dt isn't that bad to get. If you get a good route down you get get 5-10 in a 30 minute dz section then go to challenges for a bit

Or switch instances somehow and redo your route

It's not the best system but I just treat each dt as 1/3 of a yellow drop. They happen way more frequently than 300% of the yellow drop rate

Disrupter on
    616610-1.png
  • SimpsoniaSimpsonia Registered User regular
    Disrupter wrote: »
    Dt isn't that bad to get. If you get a good route down you get get 5-10 in a 30 minute dz section then go to challenges for a bit

It's not the best system but I just treat each dt as 1/3 of a yellow drop. They happen way more frequently than 300% of the yellow drop rate

Not sure if serious, or if suffering from Stockholm sydnrome. You're advocating playing the game as if it were "Box Opening Simulator 3000". First, you have to get the luck of your life to get a server where nothing is open and you can get 10 HE divtech in 30 minutes (otherwise I call bullshit, that has literally never happened to me). Second, great, now you have 10 divtech, you get 3 rolls that are almost assuredly gonna be crap downgrades from your existing gear. Welp, that time you spent was both unfun, and literally a waste of time, since there was zero progression.

• GaryOGaryO Registered User regular
    Managed to get enough HE gear that I can activate all three talents on Caduceus, (my skills are1920/2214/2057). Between actual headshots and BFB Sticky Bomb's bleed effect counting as a headshot means that cooldowns on my skills are near non-existant.
    need to work out what would be a great second skill to use now. I can have smart cover up 100% of the time and its pretty useful, but I might switch to either a damage pulse or that first aid skill that also adds damage

• OakeyOakey UKRegistered User regular
    Why can I not claim that free gear on page 1, are there restrictions?

I'm having a lot of fun just getting into random DZ fights, but I think anyone really invested in the endgame content grind should wait until after the 14th. I think the developers got caught flatfooted by how fast the community would grind through the launch content. They are obviously about to expand the system, including providing more interesting gear and cash/grind sinks, but we are in the lull between launch and the first major changes.

• HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    I just do my dailies and some DZ skirmishing right now. Ain't no sense in going whole hog into this game when it has no real endgame content for us to bite into.

• weddellkwweddellkw PNWRegistered User regular
    Hacksaw wrote: »
    I just do my dailies and some DZ skirmishing right now. Ain't no sense in going whole hog into this game when it has no real endgame content for us to bite into.

That's about where I'm at. Are friends on and playing? Lets go. Otherwise, I see no reason to grind for gold Div-Tech; I expect and hope they'll make some more interesting way of acquiring it in the next few updates.

XBL: The SquidProQuo
  • SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    An option to reroll the entirety of your newly crafted High End piece for less materials than a new one costs to craft would be a godsend for this game.

One of the luckier rolls I got was a HE Mask with the Heal on Debuff effect and 2 Mod slots, all attributes were good too.

I would love to play Incursions now, but with Dark Souls 3 (and to a lesser extent, new Destiny stuff) releasing on the same day, it wont win out against those.

Sirialis on
  • KonphujunKonphujun Illinois, USARegistered User regular
    I wouldn't mind being able to pick your weapon talents at a dramatically increased cost. At least I know I'm working twords something that will be usable.

Everything: Konphujun(#1458)
  • SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    I don't think it ever gets old when rogues are hiding in one of the various balconies and they stick their stupid heads out too far to shoot down at people and you dome them with an M44 and kill them off on the ground before their buddies can pick them up.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    Simpsonia wrote: »
    Disrupter wrote: »

Not sure if serious, or if suffering from Stockholm sydnrome. You're advocating playing the game as if it were "Box Opening Simulator 3000". First, you have to get the luck of your life to get a server where nothing is open and you can get 10 HE divtech in 30 minutes (otherwise I call bullshit, that has literally never happened to me). Second, great, now you have 10 divtech, you get 3 rolls that are almost assuredly gonna be crap downgrades from your existing gear. Welp, that time you spent was both unfun, and literally a waste of time, since there was zero progression.

Routes to find dt and fight bosses aren't incredibly boring. I dunno I just don't see it as big of an issue as most folks.

But I'm also a sucker for the McDonald's monopoly game. I just love peeling stickers and opening boxes even though I know I won't win. Then again I did win a trip to Jamaica a few years back from the McDonald's monopoly game so maybe I'll get that savage gloves I want!

I got a chest with two yellow dt today. It was anazing

616610-1.png
  • Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    Hacksaw wrote: »

Just hitting the dailies is fun and not terribly time consuming most nights. Playing it more as I would a multiplayer FPS instead of an MMO suits the state the game well.

On a side note, are there any guides as to what stats to prioritize for a vector? I'm starting to craft HE weapon mods but often can't decide between accuracy and crit chance and the like.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • SpaffySpaffy Fuck the Zero Registered User regular
    PSA: the "Add 13% of your Sta + Firearms score to your skill power" skill on the backpacks does not do what you probably think it does.

It literally adds the value of Sta and Firearms to the net Skill Power - it doesn't do anything to your actual Electronics number. To put this in context, I have 2500 firearms and 2500 stamina giving me a grand total of 600 total Skill power. Woop.

In summary:
    1) It adds less to your skill power than an average purple electronics mod
    2) It won't help you meet any Electronics requirements as it doesn't affect the modifier
    3) It is worthless. Reroll a better skill (any of them, really) and put an Electronics mod in instead.

ALRIGHT FINE I GOT AN AVATAR
    Steam: adamjnet
  • ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    So, I'm like level 10/11, and am working of fixing the base.

I am totally playing a different game than y'all.

• KonphujunKonphujun Illinois, USARegistered User regular
    Elvenshae wrote: »

Yeah, you're playing the fun one that exists before level 30.

Everything: Konphujun(#1458)
    edited April 2016

The game's current sweet spot is between levels 15 and 30. You get enough gear and skills to really start playing the game, but you won't run into the late game gear disparities that break the flow of the combat until 30.

It's still a ton of fun past that stage, but the flow of combat starts to break down. You get fewer tense battles with everyone running from cover to cover and more either being ganked by supermen or joining groups of super-geared up players who stand toe-to-toe shooting SMGs and popping skills at each other for a few minutes until the numbers finally wear down.

Phillishere on
  • Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular

Kind of a better game imo. I am not amazingly impressed with the gatekeeping and content trickle of the endgame. Though, in fairness, it's about to get a boost.

But I'm unlikely to think that anything is more fun than running Missions on hard with someone I love spending time with during the level up part of the game.

This game has fantastic missions, hard mode is excellently tuned for two players at least. But only while you're leveling up.

At 30, the hard mode dailies QUICKLY become completely and utterly trivial. Challenge mode, on the flip side, is way way way too much. There are so many enemies and they're such bullet sponges.

I'd love a level 30 difficulty that resembled the challenge and thought required to duo all the missions on Hard from 1 to 30.

Kind of a better game imo. I am not amazingly impressed with the gatekeeping and content trickle of the endgame. Though, in fairness, it's about to get a boost.

But I'm unlikely to think that anything is more fun than running Missions on hard with someone I love spending time with during the level up part of the game.

This game has fantastic missions, hard mode is excellently tuned for two players at least. But only while you're leveling up.

At 30, the hard mode dailies QUICKLY become completely and utterly trivial. Challenge mode, on the flip side, is way way way too much. There are so many enemies and they're such bullet sponges.

I'd love a level 30 difficulty that resembled the challenge and thought required to duo all the missions on Hard from 1 to 30.

FYI, Challenge Mode is always scaled to 4 players. Hard Mode will scale enemies based on how many people you bring.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    I think the level 32 DZ is actually a pretty great challenge, well tuned for two, but my significant other doesn't care so much for it so we stick to the 30 and 31.

Otherwise, no difficulty hits a sweet spot as well as leveling hard mode content. It's so good.

I'm hoping that as they expand content and add new enemies, they move away from the bullet-sponge model they have for the endgame/challenge experience. I feel the combat gets less fun the more it is about slowly burning down enemies. They've got a great model where the right mix of units can pin down and rush a player, and they should build on that.

While I have no desire for the game to turn into a PvP twitch shooter, the game has made me really appreciate the broad leveling system that Battlefield and Call of Duty have developed. A skilled player with endgame gear can destroy new players in that game, but no one can level up enough that a new player with a starting gun isn't a threat if they get the jump on you.

They have some unused design space given that hard mode uses level 30 enemies and challenge mode level 32 but currently no non-DZ enemies fill the level 31 bracket. I'd love to see that void filled with something.

I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
  • StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    Anyone want to goof off in DZ05 and DZ06 with me on the PS4? I kind of have the urge to Division it up right now before I play something else but no one is on.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    I love the combat in this game, DZ gameplay is fun, missions are fun. The tactical shooty parts are fun.

But add me to the pile who hates "box opening simulator". That stuff is just straight up not fun. I will never begrudge people doing it or wanting to do it, because you need to. But it really isn't fun and I wish it wasn't part of the game.

• MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    While joining random PA'ers in the DZ leads to laggy US server fights, it's worth it because holy crap you guys have like 0 rogues.

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
    Doing challenge mode power plant in a PuG remains unpleasant. First group ran in the first encounter and cleared the first wave or two but then got flanked and died. They all dropped. Next group was better about letting the shotgunners run out first and retreating when necessary though every now and then one of them got out of position and spent much of a fight on the ground while the rest of us had fallen back and were fighting in a better position. Had one failure on the timed section but got it next time. Had one player disconnect in the final fight but he got back before I reached the entrance to look for replacements and the next go went pretty smoothly. Burned through all my special ammo and most of my special grenades. There's such a huge jump up in difficulty compared to Lexington and Lincoln Tunnel.

Steam Profile
  • CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    Pack it up boys, I got the rarest drop in the game. I'm done.
    Jv10Pao.png

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    This game refuses to give me any other drops than shotguns and holsters.

BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
    You know, I think I get equal HE DivTech killing enemies and getting the random drops than actually getting it from boxes.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
    edited April 2016
    Russian consulate is a surprisingly fun solo challenge run. After breaking the first room it has been pretty smooth sailing, though the room with the heavies hiding behind cover was a total drag. But I'm coming up on the library now so I guess we will see if the my luck continues.

*edit* Ok, so the running battle against the shotgun ninjas in the library was the best thing so far, they are still fairly deadly but not so bulletspongy like everything else, 25 rounds from the vector seems to reliably drop them. And unlike earlier waves that only had two of them this time I couldn't just drop them all without using several fallback positions.

Numi on
  • SpaffySpaffy Fuck the Zero Registered User regular
    Solo consulate?! You're gonna have to post your gear man...

ALRIGHT FINE I GOT AN AVATAR
    Steam: adamjnet
  • DietarySupplementDietarySupplement Still not approved by the FDA Dublin, OHRegistered User regular
    Just hit 30 on PC last night, looking to do challenges (instead of getting kicked from matchmade groups because LOL YOU DON'T HAVE 160K DPS SCRUB). Let me know if anyone's interested.

Spaffy wrote: »
    Solo consulate?! You're gonna have to post your gear man...

It's nothing really special, though I was using the bugged mask regen because otherwise the run would have been three times as long as I had to wait on healing cooldowns. Damage reduction from armor is about 54% and I don't know if the chest is still bugged but if it is then I have another 10% damage reduction from here. A good trick to learn is that if you are in a cover against a corner but have the space to move back a bit you can shoot without exposing yourself, it confuses mobs too as they won't open up on you like you do when you are at the very edge and leaning out.

Something funny that happened at the end of the run was that Hornet and his merry men pushed like crazy and had me all the way back to the stairs you enter from, you can see how far forward he died in one of the pics. After clearing Hornet and the first wave of guys the second wave never showed up, it turns out they where standing back by the door they spawned from looking lost and I could just walk out.

Gear and some images
    im5cympiwpdr.jpgfz8qnmcytv0p.jpgux7xhhi9ljhq.jpg