As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[ToS] Tree of Savior - We call it Ragnarok Online 3.

• Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    yeah before they limited the amount of text per megaphone, gold spammers would have like 1000 word blocks spamming constantly

and each one would freeze the game slightly

remember to turn off the megaphone banner at the top by clicking the gear on your chat

3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    The problem seems to be people have said that doesn't help.

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    right, i meant to make it less annoying and not have gold spam scrolling across the top of your screen constantly

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    Never understood why they bother with megaphones, it's always abused by spammers.

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • JakarrdJakarrd In the belly of OklahomaRegistered User regular
    I just don't have all chat on, and have shout off so no spam. Going cleric1, krivis 1 and dievdrybis 1 for support healing. Hasn't been too slow. Silver has been plentiful well enough too.

Greetings Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada.

76561197990097905.png
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    Yeah... zone, local, reply, guild chats. Maybe custom channels (iirc Secret World does that and theres a couple that are useful global chats).

Edit: Also, the lack of clear quest indicators cost me a bunch of xp cards and made leveling harder (also using them too soon?). Talk to any NPC you see in the field.

Also, the story quests for Orsha end at the mid 20s, and a second chain starts up separately that doesn't require them... so if you start in Klaipeda you can do its story and then pick up the 2nd Orsha easily for more xp.

Polaritie on
    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • nakirushnakirush Registered User regular
    If you fracked up your team name, you can now request a reset:

https://forum.treeofsavior.com/t/team-name-reset-now-taking-requests/161460

• RebootReboot Registered User regular
    It reminds me of the old RO, but I suspect this is going to be a lot more grindy compared to what current MMOs are offering. At least it's F2P so I'll try it out...

• KitharsisKitharsis Registered User regular
    In case anyone has shied away from this because of the instability at launch, its much better now. They pushed an update yesterday that fixed a lot of the issues.

There are a few posts on reddit and the TOS forums explaining how to get better FPS, if you're having that issue also. And if you use Nvidia they have optimized settings out for the game already too (I'm not using them, I like the 150 FPS I get sometimes :P ).

In other news. This is a nice new RO-like game. I've just been following questlines and using dropped items and enjoying myself so far. If you have a cutesy-grindy-questy mmo itch this will scratch it. I can't speak for higher levels, since I've only gotten to about lvl 26 or so (out of like 250, I know...). I think the best part for me, since I have alt-itis, is theorycrafting all of the different character builds that are possible. I'm trying to stick with a swordie for a while but the pull to play all the things is strong.

• Minerva_SCMinerva_SC Registered User regular
    So I guess the main site forums are best for getting info, or is there a fan site that's seen as the big ToS forum?

"If a cherry pie filled cape is wrong, I don't want to be right.
    I'm dead serious."
    I've found the main site forums to be the most populated. There are decent class guides on most of the subclass forms.

There is a site http://www.tosbase.com/ which is apparently down right now, that has a skill and stat simulator. Plus good info about the different classes. The skill simulator will save you a lot of frustration, as there aren't really any stat/skill reset options at the moment. Well, you can get one with the $50 founders pack but... meh.

• CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    I rerolled on the K-whatever server, and got my swordsman to hoplite and level 45ish. The final parts to swordsman circle 2 were rough, since I didn't take any attack abilities and was relying only on the buffs. Hoplite is pretty okay so far, enjoying it a lot but I have a thing for spears. <3

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
    edited April 2016
    I"ve been using the brasil wiki for looking up info on monsters for the most part, it seems more fleshed out than the english counterpart. I use it a lot for finding out how often and many of a monster pop so I know what to look for when monster collecting. http://wiki.brasiltreeofsavior.com/index.php?title=Página_principal

useful when you find a monster that has a 10 min respawn cycle so you know when you can go searching.

Jakarrd on
    Greetings Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada.

76561197990097905.png
    CorriganX wrote: »
    I rerolled on the K-whatever server, and got my swordsman to hoplite and level 45ish. The final parts to swordsman circle 2 were rough, since I didn't take any attack abilities and was relying only on the buffs. Hoplite is pretty okay so far, enjoying it a lot but I have a thing for spears. <3
    uhoh, sm c2 over peltasta?

I think you need swashbuckling

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
    I fee like I'm doing something wrong. I'm lv27 in a lv 34 zone, and thats with using quite a lot of exp tomes. Do I really just have to grind a spot for levels every now and then?

I'm dead serious."
  • DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    It's a grind game. The answer to your question is: Abso-fucking-lutely.

NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png

76561197990097905.png
    bah, well, I do still have the 30% exp scrolls they gave out, and I would love to buy a 30 day token, but for some reason they wont let you buy the 29.99 early access anymore? I guess for limiting server capacity? Guess I'll have to put aside a few hours tonight and grind my balls off...

I'm dead serious."
  • TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    Are you making sure to talk to every NPC to get quests? You shouldn't be that underlevled at all if you're doing them all. I ran into a little bit of trouble at 34/38, but just buy an Oresha scroll from the shop or a K town scroll and start the story on the otherside. You can easily keep up pace that way with just questing if you go back and forth between the towns' stories.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
    Yeah, I'm guessing my next step is to head to the other town and start doing those quests. Didn't know there was a scroll that teleports you to the other area.

I'm dead serious."
  • ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    I hit 90 today and did the dungeon. First reroll on the boss box got me an Aard Dagger. As a support cleric, that thing is absolutely life-changing. I kill things so much faster now.

got my cleric/priest to 65 and decided to roll an archer. Jesus Christ they are gods. Barrage just straight up clears monster packs in seconds whereas my clerics poverty ass was waiting on 20+ second heal bombs like a sucker. I might just stick with the archer, I'm surprised at the amount of clerics running around, probably the base class I've seen the most.

I'm dead serious."
    A couple of my friends are going monk route so they are rolling thru clerics right now. I haven't rolled an alt yet so my cleric is now at 81 following cleric1 krivis1 dievbys1 cleric2. I'm debating on going Priest1 krivis2 and then Priest 2 or Oracle for farming, not sure. It's not full support mode but it gives me options for things. Although not having c2 early on did make healing that 50 dungeon interesting when I was the only one with heal squares, hahah.

76561197990097905.png
  • <3<3 Registered User regular
    Are you dudes still play this? I love me some RO, so this is right up my alley. Klaipeda server?

I am. My lack of available playtime plus alt-itis means I haven't gotten past the mid 40's yet. Been having good times so far! I'm on Klaipeda server also.

The $10 founders pack is worth it, just for a trying it out before the FTP rush.

• <3<3 Registered User regular
    I have a level 57 cleric. Apparently from reading the forums, I'm supposed to be using the exp cards at certain time to get over some grinding? Well, hopefully using them all immediately doesn't come around a bit me in the behind...

• chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    <3 wrote: »
    I have a level 57 cleric. Apparently from reading the forums, I'm supposed to be using the exp cards at certain time to get over some grinding? Well, hopefully using them all immediately doesn't come around a bit me in the behind...

It doesn't really matter. Some people do it simply because they don't like to be x level for too long. As I grind and jump from area to area I try to stay about six levels ahead so the enemies die fast but I won't stumble over the 9 level exp penalty while finishing quests.

steam_sig.png
    If you plan to do any grinding pre 100, you should save a good chunk of the exp cards till you're near the exp reset levels (46 and 86 I believe?), so you can use a ton of cards to blow through those last 5 or so high exp levels to the exp reset.

Also, if you're thinking of playing this game for any amount of time I would highly suggest grabbing one of the founder packs off steam at the moment. They were a decent deal already but they're 50% off for a week which is an insane deal.

I'm dead serious."
    Yeah, the exp resets start at 46 and then its every 40 levels I believe (86, 126, 166, 206, 246). Also the resets early on hit 4 levels before a major dungeon, so if you hit a reset you can use any left over cards to push you to the dungeon level then do your three runs for massive exp. I'm almost near 90 and getting ready to experience the second dungeon (the first is the level 50 dungeon).

When you get to a new map make sure you 100% it as those exp cards you get from doing so can really add up. The monster collection cards are alright but you only get I think 1 per full completion so its not as big a exp boost compared to the maps/quests. So don't feel like you need to run around killing 360 of one monster to get one exp card. if its under 100 I'll try to complete before running out of the map and just come back later to finish off the others if I feel like it.

76561197990097905.png
    yeah, I'm 80 and kinda low on cards, so I'll probably be going for all the monster cards, as my own kind of grinding

I'm dead serious."
  • ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    Make sure you're doing quests in any zone appropriate for your level, not just the zones by your starting city.

• LostLost Registered User regular
    As a recovering RO addict, I've gotta get in on this. Which server are we all kicking around on?

• drunkenpandarendrunkenpandaren Slapping all the goblin ham In the top laneRegistered User regular
    Not sure. I have been wary to pick up my EA items because people are kind of everywhere at the moment.

I spent 6 hours grinding levels while watching netflix. This game is perfect for me.

Origin: HaxtonWasHere
    Steam: pandas_gota_gun
  • TheKoolEagleTheKoolEagle Registered User regular
    Did the free part of this get pushed back or something? I swore it was late April but when I installed in the other day it wouldn't let me in, what I see now says May 10th

uNMAGLm.png Mon-Fri 8:30 PM CST - 11:30 PM CST
  • walruscustardwalruscustard Registered User regular
    It got pushed back to May 10th. Kind of a bummer, but they probably need that time to make things run properly at launch. And we don't want a bad launch.

• BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    Lost wrote: »
    As a recovering RO addict, I've gotta get in on this. Which server are we all kicking around on?

Same sentiment and question - this goes ftp tomorrow right? The op calls out Orsha for being shorter and easier to spell but <3 brings up Kapybara - without a strong push for that I'll prob be going Orsha since I know a guy what plays on it already.

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
    I'm going to be optimistic and continue playing this week with FTP popping. But I'm keeping a few games in the queue in case the servers blow up :)

I'm on Klapedia (sp?). Having fun pew-pewing things as an archer and playing casually. Just leveled up to QS3 and loving the attack speed and damage buff. Such an increase in power from the other ranks. Planning on going A2, then Falconer for the long haul. I'm hoping they give falconer a buff along the way because it seems like a filler class until Musketeer or Cannoneer at the moment, which makes me sad.

• XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    did it come out FTP today?

edit: looks like it did and is getting slammed

I'll try to play maybe next week when server issues have died down

Xaquin on
  • LostLost Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    BlueBlue wrote: »
    Lost wrote: »

Same sentiment and question - this goes ftp tomorrow right? The op calls out Orsha for being shorter and easier to spell but <3 brings up Kapybara - without a strong push for that I'll prob be going Orsha since I know a guy what plays on it already.

I rolled on Klapaedia or however the hell is is spelled. My character is Aenji Lostremix is anyone wants to find me on there. I can look at seeing what it takes to get a guild going since I have no idea as of yet.
    Edit: hahaha, apparently forming a guild in this is pretty complicated.

Lost on
  • XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    I got on Orsha

Archer named Xaquin

Do the controls seem overly complicated to anyone else?