As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Nintendo Thread: My Nintendo Is Up. You May Now Panic

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    What's with this verification email stuff?

I never had to deal with any verification email?

When i try to sign into Miitomo it says I have to verify and says to put in the code that was emailed to me. The code will only work for an hour. The emails show up 24 hours later.

It makes me do that if I try logging in with both my email or nintendo ID.

Did you not use a facebook or twitter? This is the first Ive heard of this

No. I am using my nintendo account since it a nintendo product. Guess I was wrong thinking that should work.

Are you using your network id or mynintendo? Because they arent the same thing

I tried both. Both are making me wait for the verification. I've given up at this point though so no bothers.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• SilverWindSilverWind Registered User regular
    Moth 13 wrote: »
    Wyborn wrote: »
    I just finished Earthbound. Who wants to talk about Earthbound?

I would love to talk about EarthBound. I would love to talk about EarthBound.

Okay!
    Something I realized after finishing, is that for most of the game your goal is to travel from place to place to link your powers with the Earth and eventually become an op superbadass, but in the end it doesn't really matter at all. No matter how overleveled you've become none of that will be able to defeat Giygas. What really defeats Giygas in the end is the love from all the people on the journey that you've shared your experiences with. It's real good "the journey is more important than the destination" type stuff.

It also seems to fit with stuff I was reading about the use of "Destiny" in Earthbound. Everyone knows how these types of games go, even the characters in the game, which is why the point isn't to win, but to savor the experience along the way.

Related, but there was something I really liked in the second coffee break. "Remember, even when you are facing hardships, your enemy is struggling too". It's something you don't see very often, since most villains would act like their plans are unstoppable even as you're smaaaashing them in the face, and it really did make me feel better.

Incidentally, the line that really sold me on the game was Mom's "Oh, Pokey, you don't like Pizza? Well T-O-O Bad."
    Yeah, Itoi always seems to want the player to reflect on the antagonist's thoughts and feelings, even where the enemy is some super powered crazy hate thing. Have you read of Earthbound's connection to Earthbound Beginnings/Mother, or played Mother 3?

Though some of the gameplay elements are a bit outdated (I hated only being allowed to take so much with you, though I understand the in-game logic for why that happens), Earthbound really stands out to me as being more touching and more... thoughtful than the great majority of games

signature.png
    Switch: SW-7603-3284-4227
    My ACNH Wishlists | My ACNH Catalog
  • DidgeridooDidgeridoo Flighty Dame Registered User regular
    What's with this verification email stuff?

I never had to deal with any verification email?

When i try to sign into Miitomo it says I have to verify and says to put in the code that was emailed to me. The code will only work for an hour. The emails show up 24 hours later.

It makes me do that if I try logging in with both my email or nintendo ID.

Did you not use a facebook or twitter? This is the first Ive heard of this

No. I am using my nintendo account since it a nintendo product. Guess I was wrong thinking that should work.

Are you using your network id or mynintendo? Because they arent the same thing

I tried both. Both are making me wait for the verification. I've given up at this point though so no bothers.

If your situation's anything like mine, 2 days afterward you'll get 16 confirmation emails. They all popped into my inbox this morning after wrestling with trying to sign up a couple days ago.

Not... super impressed, Nintendo. :/

• Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
    SilverWind wrote: »
    Wyborn wrote: »
    I just finished Earthbound. Who wants to talk about Earthbound?

I would love to talk about EarthBound. I would love to talk about EarthBound.

Okay!
    Something I realized after finishing, is that for most of the game your goal is to travel from place to place to link your powers with the Earth and eventually become an op superbadass, but in the end it doesn't really matter at all. No matter how overleveled you've become none of that will be able to defeat Giygas. What really defeats Giygas in the end is the love from all the people on the journey that you've shared your experiences with. It's real good "the journey is more important than the destination" type stuff.

It also seems to fit with stuff I was reading about the use of "Destiny" in Earthbound. Everyone knows how these types of games go, even the characters in the game, which is why the point isn't to win, but to savor the experience along the way.

Related, but there was something I really liked in the second coffee break. "Remember, even when you are facing hardships, your enemy is struggling too". It's something you don't see very often, since most villains would act like their plans are unstoppable even as you're smaaaashing them in the face, and it really did make me feel better.

Incidentally, the line that really sold me on the game was Mom's "Oh, Pokey, you don't like Pizza? Well T-O-O Bad."
    Yeah, Itoi always seems to want the player to reflect on the antagonist's thoughts and feelings, even where the enemy is some super powered crazy hate thing. Have you read of Earthbound's connection to Earthbound Beginnings/Mother, or played Mother 3?

Though some of the gameplay elements are a bit outdated (I hated only being allowed to take so much with you, though I understand the in-game logic for why that happens), Earthbound really stands out to me as being more touching and more... thoughtful than the great majority of games

Yeah I've played Mother 3 and know the general gist of Earthbound Beginnings.

(Mother 3 spoilers)
    That was one of the things that hit me really hard in Mother 3. All throughout the game Fassad has been a completely vile person, but near the very end you meet a single mouse. The reminder that even people like him have people they care about and people who care about them was very powerful.

• King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    So that new pokemon news
    It was the tv premiere of the fucking direct

Dont worry though Masuda said we'll get more than 10 pokemon!

Exciting time ultra pokemon information strikes again

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I fired up Metroid Prime Trilogy and hooooo boy that is so not HD

• OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    I fired up Metroid Prime Trilogy and hooooo boy that is so not HD

They're GameCube/Wii games. They look really good for 480p, imo.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

Oh it certainly looks fine, it had just been a long time and I switched to it right from playing an HD game it was kinda jarring is all
    also man I wish I could just play the whole thing with a gamepad

Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Oh it certainly looks fine, it had just been a long time and I switched to it right from playing an HD game it was kinda jarring is all
    also man I wish I could just play the whole thing with a gamepad

Got a Gamecube or a Wii? I'll totally send you my GC copy.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

edited April 2016
    Ah, Wii U
    Thanks though! it's not a big deal, just preference

Grey Ghost on
  • GreasyKidsStuffGreasyKidsStuff MOMMM! ROAST BEEF WANTS TO KISS GIRLS ON THE TITTIES!Registered User regular
    Have you played them before, graham

Yeah I played them all upon original release
    Prime 1 was one of my favorite GC games and probably up there in my all-time list, and while 2 and 3 never matched it I thought they were both totally solid

Unrelated complaint: I think it's weird that your 3DS friends can't carry over to your Wii friends once you link your ID

Really it's a shame they just ripped the Trilogy collection for Wii U. I personally feel the wiimote is a vastly superior control scheme, but I still would have liked to see them clean up the visuals a bit and rework the control scheme to also support gamepad. At least that would sort of make up for them completely neglecting the franchise on Wii U.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

Yeah Im pretty sure a week after you're fired isnt a great time to go back for your stuff

• UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Really it's a shame they just ripped the Trilogy collection for Wii U. I personally feel the wiimote is a vastly superior control scheme, but I still would have liked to see them clean up the visuals a bit and rework the control scheme to also support gamepad. At least that would sort of make up for them completely neglecting the franchise on Wii U.

I prefer the GC pad obviously and would prefer Game Pad but the MP Trilogy is one of the better products to force a control scheme on me

Lock-on means I'm not left out to dry too much at the mercy of shitty pointer aiming, and using your left hand fingers to activate the 1 and 2 buttons (like you're activating a wrist display in-game) is a genuinely neat use of that control scheme

I prefer the GC pad obviously and would prefer Game Pad but the MP Trilogy is one of the better products to force a control scheme on me

Lock-on means I'm not left out to dry too much at the mercy of shitty pointer aiming, and using your left hand fingers to activate the 1 and 2 buttons (like you're activating a wrist display in-game) is a genuinely neat use of that control scheme

The Prime series is interesting because, conversely, the original 1 and 2 are pretty much the only controller-based FPS I find playable.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Yeah Im pretty sure a week after you're fired isnt a great time to go back for your stuff

She was fired Wednesday.

liEt3nH.png
  • SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    Goodbye Zelda Oracle games forever!

sig.gif
  • Mr KhanMr Khan Not Everyone WAHHHRegistered User regular
    Most of the old game jank I got used to. The super low flee success rate can go jump in a lake though.

Yeah, it's pretty accessible, but expect to win any fight you get into or game over.

Save states also help, as they always do. Especially with very late-game stuff.

• Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
    I think the most surprising aspect of jank to me was that the storage system for your excess items has a limited amount of space as well.

Playing some original WarioWare because why not

God this game is so fucking rad, and so original

I've never really played any of the sequels though, are Touched and Smooth Moves worth checking out?

• -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular

I've never really played any of the sequels though, are Touched and Smooth Moves worth checking out?

They were ok, but I dunno if they're worth checking out now, particularly Smooth Moves.

Now Warioware Twisted? That's a great game. If you can find yourself a copy of that you're in for a treat.

Hmm

I do still have an SP laying around

I'll have to see if I can find Twisted

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    put the warioware team on mario party minigames

redeem the franchise

i mean, i say that because i know we're not getting another warioware, those motherfuckers

liEt3nH.png
  • SageinaRageSageinaRage Registered User regular

They absolutely are. The entire series is really well done. I don't really know why people act like Twisted is the only good one, they're all about the same quality.

sig.gif
    Hmm

Good luck finding a working one.

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Hmm

Good luck finding a working one.
    QIWV8uN_zps0legtee4.jpg

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    Whoops wrong thread

Maddoc on
  • JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    Smooth Moves is worth it if only for the tranquil-yet-hilarious "learn a new move" segments

• Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular

I think Touched was my favorite.

That could also be because I took my DS with me to high school and basically had the entire music rooms passing it around trying to beat each other's scores.

• Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    There is no such thing as a bad WarioWare game

6F32U1X.png
  • Care Free BombCare Free Bomb Registered User regular
    Smooth Moves was the best party game. I don't know if it stands up playing alone but there's a level of performance required that makes it fantastic with other people.

8saxds2jkfoy.png
    3DS: 2019-9671-8106 NNID: RamblinMushroom
    Twitter/Tumblr
  • CelloCello Registered User regular
    I played so much of WarioWare Touched

So much

...I... might have to go find it right now actually

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    Warioware Touched is currently a 1000 point My Nintendo reward - worth picking up over Twilight Princess Picross?

tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Warioware Touched is currently a 1000 point My Nintendo reward - worth picking up over Twilight Princess Picross?

I was tempted, but a used copy is like $5 at gamestop, so I went with picross since that's the only way to play it

I'm still trying to get the points for Warioware but I'm out of missions other than the daily Miitomo ones right now

Was there ever a list or spreadsheet of everyone's NNIDs?
    I wanna add some of you clowns on this here Wii U

• Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yySTIiiU28
    Yoshinori Ono, producer on Street Fighter, talks about the idea of a full Nintendo Vs. Capcom fighting game, which I would very much like to see

6F32U1X.png
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I am on 6-3 of Super Mario Bros

shit is getting real

mostly the shit of "I'm being too god damned slow and am running out of time"

This discussion has been closed.