As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Capturing and editing streaming video

Hi everyone!

I'm a coach for a certain sport, not gonna get into details, and I'm looking to capture streamed video of professional games so that I can edit clips together so I can take notes and such. These would be things like 30 minutes of power plays, 30 minutes of a certain defensive strategy, etc.

What's a good program to use for this? I assume I'll need a separate one for capturing the video and another for splicing the different clips together. Free is preferable but if there is a significant leap in quality or useful features I would pony up some money. I want to get this rolling in time for the summer Olympics.

I have a 750ti, not sure if it comes with anything that will help.
120g SSD and a 3tb WD green drive. Editing video would be best on the SSD I'm assuming.

Disclaimer, this is not for pirating.

LOL ZEALURKS

• Options
    wunderbarwunderbar What Have I Done? Registered User regular

I'm not sure about that. And I'm not saying it disparagingly on you. Just that, depending on the license agreements of the streaming service (I'm assuming you are using a legal streaming service for this since if not than you really aren't above board) it may not allow any recording or capture of said stream at all.

XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar
  • Options
    Some_tall_guySome_tall_guy Registered User regular
    wunderbar wrote: »

I'm not sure about that. And I'm not saying it disparagingly on you. Just that, depending on the license agreements of the streaming service (I'm assuming you are using a legal streaming service for this since if not than you really aren't above board) it may not allow any recording or capture of said stream at all.

It would be from the official CBC stream they do here in Canada for the olympics. I'll definitely be looking into the fine print for that though.

LOL ZEALURKS
  • Options
    wunderbarwunderbar What Have I Done? Registered User regular
    edited April 2016

It would be from the official CBC stream they do here in Canada for the olympics. I'll definitely be looking into the fine print for that though.

oh well crap there's no fine print there. The International Olympic Committee is one of the most stupid strict policies about rebroadcast that there is. boradcasters who don't hold the rights legally can't even show video clips of olympic events.

EDIT: For the record, it isn't that there isn't a way to do it, Just that there will be no *legal* way to do it. And that it's frowned upon here about helping people do things that aren't kosher.

wunderbar on
    XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar
  • Options
    Some_tall_guySome_tall_guy Registered User regular

oh well crap there's no fine print there. The International Olympic Committee is one of the most stupid strict policies about rebroadcast that there is. boradcasters who don't hold the rights legally can't even show video clips of olympic events.

EDIT: For the record, it isn't that there isn't a way to do it, Just that there will be no *legal* way to do it. And that it's frowned upon here about helping people do things that aren't kosher.

Yeah I've actually just filled out a permission request form with CBC for it. It's for a non profit sports club technically.

LOL ZEALURKS