As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PokéCrawl Episode VII: Year of Pokémon!

2»

• TheMostHumanTheMostHuman Boston, MARegistered User new member
    Just checking to make sure—this is legitimately sold out 2 hours after registration opened? I'm guessing yes. The hype is out of sight...

• RappakRappak Registered User regular
    Yes it is. It sold out really quickly

• RandomfoolRandomfool loofmodnar Rochester, NYRegistered User regular
    edited April 2016
    Just checking to make sure—this is legitimately sold out 2 hours after registration opened? I'm guessing yes. The hype is out of sight...

It was comparatively slow to sell out this year but never fear tickets will return to the pool as people get their registrations straighten out and cancel extra orders. I've seen a few duplicates in the orders that will be cancelled if they don't get figured out soon. So keep an eye out!

Randomfool on
    I do Pokecrawl things. Professor Team Instinct, Hufflepuff supporter.@loofmodnar

B4o6XD4.png
  • QuantumShaddowQuantumShaddow Registered User regular
    It always does. Don't worry though - people who determine they don't need them will put them back up for grabs.

3DS FC: 4441-8382-3645
    Switch: SW-7634-0399-6788

QGqFhNv.png
  • ICEverfrostICEverfrost Registered User new member
    Well that sold out quick, I shouldn't be surprised. Miss number 5. I'll make it one of these years.

"Balance in all things."
  • FiremancerFiremancer Registered User new member
    TEAM RED R HYPE! This will be mine and my friends first time doing the East crawl, I did the south crawl this year and LOVED it

Don't forget about the Facebook groups! Team red will try another chat program i think since it worked well last year.

• rek1aimerrek1aimer Allentown, PARegistered User regular
    Rappak wrote: »
    Don't forget about the Facebook groups! Team red will try another chat program i think since it worked well last year.

What did they use last year? Was it something like Discord or Slack?

• CabadrinCabadrin Boston, MARegistered User regular
    Veteran of several of these, my Enforcer duties prevent me from joining this year, but my liver joins you in spirit!

e2TtnRd.png
    Well that sold out quick, I shouldn't be surprised. Miss number 5. I'll make it one of these years.

Keep an eye out tonight, there will be more tickets opening up.

I do Pokecrawl things. Professor Team Instinct, Hufflepuff supporter.@loofmodnar

B4o6XD4.png
    rek1aimer wrote: »
    Rappak wrote: »

What did they use last year? Was it something like Discord or Slack?

Group me. I haven't used discord or slack but I'm leaning towards one of those two this year.

• legolego Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    Hope some more tickets get released! Now that I'm in the city on Thursday it makes the Pokecrawl a much more attractive proposition...

EDIT: ITS TIME TO CRAWL. Green B! Do I even own a green shirt?

lego on
    PAX East since 2013, PAX West since 2016
    Two tickets for Blue R just went back in the pool.

B4o6XD4.png
  • willmannyeatthatwillmannyeatthat Registered User regular
    Are these two slots for those that want to volunteer or just general admission?

Pokemon Pearl: 4640 3998 1657
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    The volunteer positions are separate from the tickets. The tickets are for non-volunteers who want to participate :)

• VegaObscuraVegaObscura Registered User regular
    Officially on the prowl for some released tickets. Wasn't sure we would be able to do it, but things apparently change. I need my badge fix, after all.

• GunsbeforerosesGunsbeforeroses Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    Boyfriend just decided he wants to go. Also prowling for tickets.

I volunteered last year, but am in Omegathon this year and can't guarantee I'd be there for exactly 730 due to needing to meet PAX staff people for the Omegathon stuff beforehand D:

Gunsbeforeroses on
    edited April 2016
    Less than a week until we hit Boston! Starting bars are locked! Rest of the routes are in progress.

Starting Bars:
    Red: Hong Kong
    Green: Black Rose
    Yellow: Hennessy's
    Blue: Clarke's

Reminder, we are raising money for Child's Play and the competition is fierce. From PAX South's A Shot of Ice and Fire:
    Swae wrote: »
    Another PAX and another bar crawl is complete! I want to give a giant thanks to all of you guys who made this event such a huge success.

We doubled last year's total and raised SEVEN THOUSAND DOLLARS ($7,005, to be exact) for Child's Play! That is more than any crawl at any PAX ever has raised! ...

That's almost 3 times more than the Pokecrawl raised last year.

Randomfool on

B4o6XD4.png
  • ItaraItara Registered User regular
    Hey guys, this year will be my first every pokecrawl and I was wondering if this was a thing where cosplay is encouraged? And if so exactly how crowded things get... I don't want to wear something bulky in really tight spaces.

It can get super crowded depending on the weather and the bars. Many people do cosplay, but I would stick to something that is not going to prove an issue in those tight spaces.

Cosplay is encouraged but keep in mind, you're drinking. People spill drinks. Keep it a simple cosplay that you don't mind getting dirty or wet. I can't tell you how many drinks get spilled on me as a professor. My lab coat gets kinda soaked.

• Certain.shade.of.greenCertain.shade.of.green Registered User regular
    To RandomFools point that this is for charity, please donate if you can!

Recent years the crawl has seemed to become an expected attraction, which has lead to many folks joining in that aren't very familiar with Penny-Arcade, Childs Play Charity and the like. Last year especially I found that asking for a small donation at check-in was met with "Why are you asking me for money, get lost I'm here to get drunk." (I believe last year might have been our smallest donation yet)

Believe me the event is meant to be fun, but it helps to remember all the volunteers and work that goes into the event is to help the charity AND have a good time. They don't have to be mutually exclusive, tell a friend!

edited April 2016
    We have schedules!
    **Note: there were a few minor changes from anything you might have seen posted before Tues at 7pm.

RED R:
    Bar 1 (07:15): Hong Kong
    Bar 2 (08:30): Coogan's
    Bar 3 (09:30): Sissy K's
    Bar 4 (10:30): Black Rose
    Bar 5 (11:30): Wild Rover

RED B:
    Bar 1 (07:15): Hong Kong
    Bar 2 (08:30): Sissy K's
    Bar 3 (09:30): Clarke's
    Bar 4 (10:30): Sissy K's
    Bar 5 (11:30): Wild Rover

GREEN R:
    Bar 1 (07:15): Black Rose
    Bar 2 (08:30): Coogan's
    Bar 3 (09:30): Wild Rover
    Bar 4 (10:30): Hong Kong
    Bar 5 (11:30): Clarke's

GREEN B:
    Bar 1 (07:15): Black Rose
    Bar 2 (08:30): Sissy K's
    Bar 3 (09:30): Hong Kong
    Bar 4 (10:30): Coogan's
    Bar 5 (11:30): Clarke's

YELLOW R:
    Bar 1 (07:15): Hennessys
    Bar 2 (08:30): Hong Kong
    Bar 3 (09:30): Clarke's
    Bar 4 (10:30): Coogan's
    Bar 5 (11:30): Black Rose

YELLOW B:
    Bar 1 (07:15): Hennessys
    Bar 2 (08:30): Wild Rover
    Bar 3 (09:30): Sissy K's
    Bar 4 (10:30): Hong Kong
    Bar 5 (11:30): Black Rose

BLUE R:
    Bar 1 (07:15): Clarke's
    Bar 2 (08:30): Wild Rover
    Bar 3 (09:30): Hong Kong
    Bar 4 (10:30): Sissy K's
    Bar 5 (11:30): Coogan's

BLUE B:
    Bar 1 (07:15): Clarke's
    Bar 2 (08:30): Hong Kong
    Bar 3 (09:30): Wild Rover
    Bar 4 (10:30): Black Rose
    Bar 5 (11:30): Coogan's

Randomfool on

B4o6XD4.png
  • ChastizeChastize Mass Effect Junkie Toronto, ONRegistered User new member
    edited April 2016
    Red B going to the same bar twice?
    EDIT: Just making sure its not a typo.

Chastize on
    Can It Wait For A Bit? I'm In The Middle of Some Calibrations
    Chastize wrote: »
    Red B going to the same bar twice?
    EDIT: Just making sure its not a typo.

Yeah, that's correct. Scheduling no repeats is basically an impossible task.

B4o6XD4.png
  • redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    Can't wait. I have 3 Mew codes to give away (one for all other teams). And I wanna get a picture with everyone I challenge with the Pokemon app. Go teams!

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
    There's 1 Red B and 2 Blue R tickets up for grabs RIGHT NOW!

B4o6XD4.png
  • PhanPhan Registered User new member
    Are there any tickets open?

• QuantumShaddowQuantumShaddow Registered User regular
    We can just bring the mobile ticket tomorrow or do we need to print it out?

3DS FC: 4441-8382-3645
    Switch: SW-7634-0399-6788

QGqFhNv.png
    We can just bring the mobile ticket tomorrow or do we need to print it out?

Mobile ticket is preferred. It's easier to scan in a dark bar.

B4o6XD4.png
  • MaiuMaiu Registered User regular
    Hey everyone, Blue Professor Sarah here. I had a real blast meeting a lot of you! If you want to catch up this weekend or keep in touch, please PM me! <3

The Pokécrawl raised $2617 for Child's Play this year! Congrats to Team Yellow who came in first with $846, officially ending years of Team Green domination. Thanks to everyone who donated, I hope you all had an amazing PAX and look forward to seeing you all next year!

If you have suggestions for next year please let me know!

B4o6XD4.png
  • jujujuju [E] Line Entertainment! Brookline, MARegistered User regular
    edited April 2016
    Congrats Loof and Team Yellow! We will be back next year as always.

- juju, Team Green R prof

EDIT: We had a lot of fun on Team Green, both R&B! If you have any pics from the crawl, tag them with #paxteamgreen and check out our group's pics on our multi-year Instagram :)

juju on
    PAX East '10-16 Pokecrawl || Team Green's Awesome PokeProf!
    PAX Prime '10-'13 Triwizard Drinking Tournament || Hufflepuff Head of House!
    Twitter: @jujukoo
    [E]
  • eilonwyeilonwy Registered User regular
    Is this happening again this year?

better to pm the organizers

This discussion has been closed.