As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Superheroes] By the hoary hosts of Hoggoth, what a savings.

19495969798100»

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »
    SimBen wrote: »
    -Tal wrote: »
    I time travel every night

There is no empirical evidence that your consciousness doesn't die everytime you fall asleep and is replaced by a new one with the same memories when you wake up. We literally live the teleporter problem every single night.

Sleep tight!

Sleep does seem to be important to brain maintanence

Perhaps we are homonculi with very small lifespans

you mean like Cable?

• Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    i would say that on average, giant monsters are cooler than giant robots, but giant piloted robots have a much higher ceiling on how cool they can be

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    A Giant Monster that is in fact a pilot to an even bigger Giant Robot counts under Giant Monster. Aka the coolest.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    New Brubaker/Phillips book, Kill Or Be Killed. Their take on a Death Wish style vigilante story.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    kyoryuger had sentient dinosaur zords that did parkour

they also did the samba

kyoryuger is pretttttttttttttttty good

• Options
    ChallChall Registered User regular
    Guys, what if humans were actually giant war mechs created by bacteria to fight their wars?

Makes you think...

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    Someone should probably make a new thread.

Somebody do a write up of the the current MCU status quo regarding CivIl War, but then replace all the characters with figures from the American Civil War.

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    Gustav wrote: »
    A Giant Monster that is in fact a pilot to an even bigger Giant Robot counts under Giant Monster. Aka the coolest.

are there any monsters out there operating on a scale comparable to Mario and a Mario galaxy planet

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    Giant Monster > Cyborg Monster > Sentient Giant Robot > Remote Control Giant Robot> Non Human Piloted Giant Robot > Human Piloted Giant Robot.

Now while this is a completely objective and scientific system of proving what monster is best. There are some nuances left to personal taste.

For instance the slower and more monolithic the Giant Monster the more rad the Giant Monster. Faster is less bad ass. Flying however doesn't count as faster, and that more accounts to how often it flaps its wings. Supposing it has those. The more it flaps the less rad it gets.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    What if it's a robot created by several people combining with a machine that's piloted by a sentient robot that's driven by Superboy?

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular

Somebody do a write up of the the current MCU status quo regarding CivIl War, but then replace all the characters with figures from the American Civil War.

I could do this but it would take a while and also I kind of just want to talk about the American Civil War more anyways so it might just become another history thread

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Listen WB

I have a fuckin sure fire hit

MK movie, put me in charge

I got this

Yo @Chincymcchilla , I'm in on this.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options

are there any monsters out there operating on a scale comparable to Mario and a Mario galaxy planet

Generally you get into Old God territory too. Which in my head are worshipped by giant monsters. Which is p cool.

But I thiiiink Kroll from Doctor Who as well? There's quite a few examples I'm blanking on.

Oh and Living Planet Monsters count as Giant Monsters.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    Straightzi wrote: »

I could do this but it would take a while and also I kind of just want to talk about the American Civil War more anyways so it might just become another history thread

I originally wrote it as writing up the American Civil War but with Marvel characters, but I realized we'd need to figure out which side equates to the South and, well, I'll pass.

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »
    Listen WB

I have a fuckin sure fire hit

MK movie, put me in charge

I got this

Yo @Chincymcchilla , I'm in on this.

yessss

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
This discussion has been closed.