As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Upcoming Games Thread

• FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    So I guess the first order of business for me is to start a signup thread, right?

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Feral wrote: »
    So I guess the first order of business for me is to start a signup thread, right?
    Yes

and some explanation of wtf it is you're doing. <_<

Aldo on
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Aldo wrote: »
    Yes

and some explanation of wtf it is you're doing. <_<

In brief: Nomic is a parliamentary procedure game. You start with a basic ruleset that may or may not have a victory condition or a way of keeping score. The ruleset starts out kind of boring, but the point is that the players can move and vote to add, modify, or delete rules as the game progresses. A savvy player tries to manipulate the other players into voting for rules that ultimately position him with the best chance of winning.

It's a good game for future contract lawyers.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

edited November 2007
    Feral on

• Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Signing up for a political intrigue phalla.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Hopefully yours will go a tad better than mine.

Fencingsax on
  • Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I may have to wait until a break from school to host mine. Between WoW, homeowork, improv and going out at night I don't think I have time to host and write my phalla.

Casual Eddy on
  • Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Fencingsax wrote: »

Well, given that it's a completely different set of rules, it should at least go differently.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Fencingsax wrote: »

Well, given that it's a completely different set of rules, it should at least go differently.
    Well yes.

Fencingsax on
  • Romantic UndeadRomantic Undead Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Sorry to barge in here, but will there be another Phalla starting up soon, or is Nomic the only game going on in D&D for the next little while?

Romantic Undead on
    3DS FC: 1547-5210-6531
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    There's usually a two week wait between the Phalla games, but I think they're allowed to run concurrently with other kinds of games(like Nomic).

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Since I've apparently been appointed the de facto Phalla mod, I figured I'd throw out this one in here, too:

Tube says he'd consider making a Phalla subforum, if there were no Phalla threads outside of that subforum anywhere.

We're discussing it here, for those of you who are interested.

Thanatos on
  • tuxkamentuxkamen really took this picture. Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I may have to wait until a break from school to host mine. Between WoW, homeowork, improv and going out at night I don't think I have time to host and write my phalla.

Who's next, in that case? Gnasty?

tuxkamen on

Games: Ad Astra Per Phalla | Choose Your Own Phalla
    Thus, the others all die before tuxkamen dies to the vote. Hence, tuxkamen survives, village victory.
    3DS: 2406-5451-5770
  • LaOsLaOs SaskatoonRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I don't think I've seen gnasty in a while.

LaOs on
  • RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    What about titmouse? Is he still around?

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Gnasty resigned from the game he was going to run in CF, but he is still around here and there, so maybe he still plans on running this one.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
    edited November 2007
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    Gnasty resigned from the game he was going to run in CF, but he is still around here and there, so maybe he still plans on running this one.
    I just PMed him to check.

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • tuxkamentuxkamen really took this picture. Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    This list freaking melted, I have to say. :o I might have to start finalizing my mechanics.

tuxkamen on

Games: Ad Astra Per Phalla | Choose Your Own Phalla
    Thus, the others all die before tuxkamen dies to the vote. Hence, tuxkamen survives, village victory.
    3DS: 2406-5451-5770
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    tuxkamen wrote: »
    This list freaking melted, I have to say. :o I might have to start finalizing my mechanics.
    Oh man. I need to get back to work on mine then.

Elendil on
    edited November 2007
    Gnasty:

* Has posted only one post since October 6th.
    * That one post was to ask to be withdrawn from the Phalla list in ODaM.
    * Has not posted anything at all since October 23rd.
    * Has not replied to the PM I sent him two days ago.

I will therefore assume he is too busy to visit the forums, and remove him from the list. Next up: titmouse. I'll PM him.

Richy on
    sig.gif
    edited November 2007
    I didn't see it in the OP, but I was going to host my phalla together with James. Not too sure whether he would be able to be online at least once per day, though. :?

I've written a few pages worth of role descriptions and fluff, but I haven't worked at the technical side of things yet.

Just, uh, putting that out there. :P

Aldo on
    edited November 2007
    Aldo wrote: »
    I didn't see it in the OP, but I was going to host my phalla together with James. Not too sure whether he would be able to be online at least once per day, though. :?

I've written a few pages worth of role descriptions and fluff, but I haven't worked at the technical side of things yet.

Just, uh, putting that out there. :P
    Well you are in the Phalla list. You're #3. I'll add James as your co-host.

Richy on
    sig.gif
    edited November 2007
    titmouse replied to my PM, and has declined to host his Phalla. Next up: Elendil.

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Yeah, I'm good. I'll need a few days to work some things out.

Elendil on
    edited November 2007

Richy, may I kindly request a spot on your list of fabulous?

(And also the Phalla list, if you please.)

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
    edited November 2007

Done. Sorry for missing it the first time around.

Richy on
    sig.gif
    edited November 2007
    Richy wrote: »

Done. Sorry for missing it the first time around.

Thanks!
    Did you update your list of fabulous too?

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited November 2007
    There seem to be some confusion on the makeup of the list and when games can be run, and some of it is my fault. When I said Nerissa's game can run parallel to the Civilization game, that was because Civ was a low-volume, long-term game. It wasn't a general rule. So, you might want to go back through that list, and combine everything together again.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
    edited November 2007
    Fine. Although I still think that running parallel Phalla and non-Phalla games could work.

Anyway, I merged them to alternate game types, to have some diversity.

Richy on
    sig.gif
    edited November 2007
    Nomic is over.
    I'd be down for running another Nomic game in the future, but (a) I won't have time for it for at least three weeks, probably more like a month; (b) I want to give somebody else a shot at running one if they desire and (c) bork bork bork.

Feral on

• Satan.Satan. __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2007
    Nomic is over.
    I'd be down for running another Nomic game in the future, but (a) I won't have time for it for at least three weeks, probably more like a month; (b) I want to give somebody else a shot at running one if they desire and (c) bork bork bork.
    I would be willing to put in work for the next Nomic. I had a lot of fun reading the thread. Several times I was refreshing every few minutes to watch developments live. Personally, I think ElJeffe wasn't busy in real life. It's all carefully crafted lies so he could simply sit back while everyone beat on each other as to easily collect victory.

I'm on to you.

Satan. on
    edited November 2007
    Unsticked, because I got tired of the clutter on top of the page, and there's no danger of anything being pruned off the forum. Bump whenever you need to.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • ege02ege02 __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2007
    I'll wait until this Sunday, and if nobody steps up to lead the next Nomic game, I'll go ahead and set it up.

Likely changes:

- start out with a non-elimination ruleset
    - smaller number of players (probably 60-70% of the first game)
    - newbie-friendly game.

Details coming soon.

Also if anyone - preferably one of the deputy judges from the last game - is interested in co-leading this game, send me a PM.

ege02 on
    edited November 2007
    So when does the next phalla start? :?

Aldo on
    edited November 2007
    The 21st

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
    edited November 2007
    Noted

In my agenda

with hearts drawn around it

Aldo on
    edited November 2007
    ege02 wrote: »
    I'll wait until this Sunday, and if nobody steps up to lead the next Nomic game, I'll go ahead and set it up.

Likely changes:

- newbie-friendly game.

Details coming soon.

Also if anyone - preferably one of the deputy judges from the last game - is interested in co-leading this game, send me a PM.
    You can't do that. If you want to host a Nomic game, you have to register and get in the queue. We only play one game at a time, and there's a waiting list.

EDIT:
    Also, if you'd paid attention to either the last page of this thread or the game list, you'd know that both Satan Himself and Feral have already stepped up to host the next Nomic game.

Richy on
    sig.gif
    edited November 2007
    Richy wrote: »

Likely changes:

- newbie-friendly game.

Details coming soon.

You can't do that. If you want to host a Nomic game, you have to register and get in the queue. We only play one game at a time, and there's a waiting list.

EDIT:
    Also, if you'd paid attention to either the last page of this thread or the game list, you'd know that both Satan Himself and Feral have already stepped up to host the next Nomic game.

Satan Himself sent me a PM saying he wants to co-lead the next Nomic game with me.

Feral said in the Nomic thread he will be busy for a month or so, and said if anyone else wants to lead a game, they can go ahead.

ege02 on
    edited November 2007
    Satan Himself sent me a PM saying he wants to co-lead the next Nomic game with me.

Feral said in the Nomic thread he will be busy for a month or so, and said if anyone else wants to lead a game, they can go ahead.
    Fine then, I'll put you as co-host with Satan Himself for the next Nomic game.

Still have to wait your turn, though.

Richy on
    sig.gif
    edited November 2007
    And valkun too please. He's also co-leading.

ege02 on