As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Don't judge me but...can you microwave canned meat?

13»

• Options
    blaze_zeroblaze_zero Registered User regular
    I usually just slice up SPAM and cook it on the Foreman Grill. Then I eat it over rice or something.

I haven't had SPAM for like two years though. Kind of want to get it again now...

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Speaking of canned meat, I found a can of snails I had bought around the holidays and forgotten about. They were still ok though, so I sautéed them in butter and salt and tossed them with angel hair pasta.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    Enc wrote:
    We did something similar with Wonton wrappers (usually in the grocery veggie area) and taco meat. You take the wontons, spray a cupcake pan and the wonton sheet with pam, then smoosh them into the cupcake pan and bake them for 10min to make bigger versions of the scoop chips. Then you fill them with taco meat, cheese, salsa, or whatever you like and bake them again.

My mom always used taco seasoned breakfast sausage (like the maple kind) with some cheddar cheese so they were sweet and spicy. I make them every now and then for football night on the cheap.
    Thanks for this idea. Tried this the other night and it was a major hit with my 5 year old. She really dug being able to prep her own little mini tacos.

Since we had a bunch of leftover wonton wrappers the next night we did mini shepherds pie in the same style and it worked really well too.

• Options
    FantasmaFantasma Registered User regular
    edited December 2015
    Microwave is not always the best option in order to eliminate microorganisms and fungus from food. A pressure cooker or a Pan with lid would be a better option. If you are lazy, which you already declared to be, make sure you cut the meat or slice it in order to allow the heat to reach the inner parts of the food.

Fantasma on
    Hear my warnings, unbelievers. We have raised altars in this land so that we may sacrifice you to our gods. There is no hope in opposing the inevitable. Put down your arms, unbelievers, and bow before the forces of Chaos!
  • Options
    Bizzaro StormyBizzaro Stormy I am Bizzaro Stormy. I am Bizzaro Stormy.Registered User regular
    I am Bizzaro Stormy.

• Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Pure Din wrote: »
    Madican wrote: »
    Enc wrote: »
    You shouldn't be reviving rice! Rice is the worst thing to revive (it typically has living bacteria that can become mild to moderately harmful after resting for longer than 8 hours, even with heating and refrigeration). The odds are low, but enough higher than other things to make it worth just making new rice.

Bacillus cereus is only a problem if the rice is left at room temperature for an extended period of time. Refrigeration is fine as always. The only caveat is to reheat rice once and ensure it's steaming hot on said reheat, which the saran wrap over the bowl does nicely.

Even then, the worst it can do is vomiting/diarrhea with symptoms lasting a day or so in the worst cases. No big deal.

I don't mean to scare you, but http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20194285

I think it's another one of those things where if you're really young really old or pregnant then you have to be extra careful.

This is really interesting. I never knew that about rice. It might explain a bout of what i considered food poisoning I had a few years ago.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum