As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Forza] Horizon 5 - That Went Well - Retired

• Options
    ebotasticebotastic Going Gonzo In People's HeartsRegistered User regular
    Tickets for Indy Car Boston, the race around the BCEC where PAX East is held, went on sale Tuesday.

Please, call me ebo.
  • Options
    CommunistCowCommunistCow Abstract Metal ThingyRegistered User regular
    edited March 2016
    I made a lotus and a bmw. Both are fun in different ways so I'll have a hard time choosing.

Also, beware I have made MURICA version 2.
    ebotastic wrote: »
    Tickets for Indy Car Boston, the race around the BCEC where PAX East is held, went on sale Tuesday.

Having never been to race, are the GA tickets kind of terrible? How exciting is it to sit and watch the race from one or two corners in the grand stands?

CommunistCow on
    No, I am not really communist. Yes, it is weird that I use this name.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    I demand you people post things here.

Have other people built their cars? What have people picked? Anything look OPed or underpowered?
    I'm doing roughly the same times on multiple tracks in the Lotus and the BMW.

CommunistCow on
  • Options
    Bear is DrivingBear is Driving Registered User regular
    No. Haven't picked anything. Not that I could see, but then I haven't looked.

• Options
    BloodsheedBloodsheed Registered User regular
    I haven't had the chance, I'll probably be working on my car(s) tonight before people get on. I'm going to work on the 911 but plan to have a backup if I can't get that working by Thursday/next week.

Oh, and for the new page:

Serious Business Cup FM6 Season 3:

Cars: (w/ Stock PI)
    2007 Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione (596)
    2006 Audi RS 4 (558)
    2007 Ford Shelby GT500 (535)
    2008 BMW M3 (E92) (533)
    2002 Chevrolet Corvette C5 Z06 (593)
    2002 Ferrari 575M Maranello (585)
    2002 Lotus Esprit V8 (585)
    2002 Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec II (R34) (534)
    2005 Honda NSX-R (529)
    2008 Aston Martin DBS (599)
    2004 Porsche 911 GT3 (629)* (may be unbalanced and require adjustment)

Series Starting PI: 700

Required Parts:
    Race Roll Cage
    Race Aero (Front and Rear)

Banned Parts:
    Engine Swap
    Drivetrain Swap

Schedule:
    Exhibition/Shake Out Night will be next Thursday, March 24th. 3 weeks of Point-Awarding-Race nights will start the following Thursday. Track list TBA.

Xbox Live, Steam, PSN: Eclibull
  • Options
    No. Haven't picked anything. Not that I could see, but then I haven't looked.

I believe I have a shared tune for the Lotus and the BMW if you care to risk it after the group5 M1 Procar incident.
    These do not try and murder you any more than usual on the Hockenheim rumbles.

• Options
    I have (mostly) made the Porsche stop popping wheelies on every weight transfer!

In related news it has lost most of it's stability in all corners.

It's still faster than the GT-R.

*sigh*

• Options
    acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    can I bodyswap the R34 with the kenmari?

GT: Acidboogie PSNid: AcidLacedPenguiN
  • Options
    can I bodyswap the R34 with the kenmari?

If that was allowed I would have already done so :)

• Options
    ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    Man, the Cayenne series brought about fascinating experiences.
    The first race is on Alps full, where on the 3rd lap I found myself coming around the first corner completely in step with the rest of the field speeding along to my right, and then some of the forerunners driving overhead on the bridge right afterwards. Was honestly pretty cool, and because of the size of SUVs made it a lot more visible than it's normally ever been with more standard races.
    The second race is on Top Gear full in the rain. That goes EXACTLY how you would expect, where you spend laps 3 and 4 navigating completely perilous sections of track with vehicles trying to navigate the choke points at vastly different velocities. Surprisingly I kinda nailed it on lap 3 and barely lost a tenth of a second. The following lap was less kind as I completely pushed someone through the follow-through when they came in front of me braking. :P

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    So I have discovered that the 2nd chicane on monza can be ludicrously cut and keep a clean lap. Was chasing RBW Triton in the VIP rivals with the Maserati after I beat Keml0 and loaded up his rivals and had no idea how he was 2s in front of me. Cutting out a huge part of a chicane will do that I guess.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Knight_ wrote: »
    So I have discovered that the 2nd chicane on monza can be ludicrously cut and keep a clean lap. Was chasing RBW Triton in the VIP rivals with the Maserati after I beat Keml0 and loaded up his rivals and had no idea how he was 2s in front of me. Cutting out a huge part of a chicane will do that I guess.

The shitty part of this is that he pretty much has to do it himself because other people will do it. I'm sure the same thing would happen on Spa. Those areas really just need to be less forgiving as far as valid laps go. :/

• Options
    Anyone object to Acid and my GT-R's getting another +5 PI? I think that'd bring them to +20 PI total. We still seemed underpowered at +15 in Exhibition. I'd imagine if anyone decides to pick the Audi it'd be looking at the same kind of boost. Other than the Lotus Bucket, any other adjustment suggestions for the SBC field?

Also:
    Schedule for SBC Season 3:
    Week 1:
    Race 1: Catalunya Full
    Race 2: Sonoma Short
    Week 2:
    Race 3: Yas Marina Full
    Race 4: Long Beach Full
    Week 3:
    Race 5: Laguna Seca
    Race 6: Bathurst

Checked which tracks we hadn't run in a FM6 series yet and these are probably the most agreeable (leaves Alps, Bugatti, CotA, Indy, Prague, Rio and Silverstone as pit-capable tracks that haven't been on a FM6 schedule yet).

• Options
    I'd take CotA over Yas Marina if you're trying to swap some of them out. They're sort of similar and we do Yas Marina a lot.

+5 is probably fine, can always lower it later if it's too much.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    I am always willing to swap in CotA, for any and all reasoning.

It just means, whenever Arctic gets around to designing a series, we will probably have to suffer Sebring/Rain as penance.

• Options
    I'm better at Sebring in the rain because everyone is brought down to my level. CotA it is!

Though, could always leave Yas and get rid of Long Beach.....

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    I just want you to know, Eclibull, that I basically already had that internal conversation with myself during the original suggestion. So yeah, we're on the same page. :P

• Options
    acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    7drHiqr.gif

• Options
    I finally got rocket league on the Xbone so I would like to play with youz guyz sometime.

• Options
    TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    Hey guys, late last year the indomitable @Handgimp gifted me a V8 race day for the PA G&T Secret Santa. At the time I promised to upload the quote race endquote footage, so I'm here to do just that!

https://youtu.be/MEA9QpARWHs

After my drive and a few hot laps, I came away from the experience completely blown-away about how fast race cars can go mid-corner. Accelerating and braking were fine, they felt pretty normal (with the mild exception of using the lift-off of the brake to help balance the car while entering the corner, I don't think I was going quite fast enough to worry about that Mr Co-Pilot haha), but it was the amount of speed it could carry and pile-on mid-corner that blew me away. The core muscles of professional drivers must be incredibly strong!

A huge, huge thank you once again to Handgimp for providing this experience :biggrin:

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I'm so glad you remembered to share that with us. Looks like such a blast.

• Options
    HandgimpHandgimp R+L=J Family PhotoRegistered User regular
    Looks like fun! You're very welcome.

PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • Options
  • Options
    Requisite car pack release post:
    Top Gear Car Pack

https://youtu.be/jCKXv20Zw64
    (Be Warned: New Top Gear Voice Over)

2014 Ferrari FXX K
    2016 Rolls-Royce Dawn
    2016 Jaguar F-TYPE Project 7
    2016 Audi R8 V10 plus
    2015 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
    2015 Land Rover Range Rover Sport SVR
    1990 Jaguar XJ-S

This is the first pack not included in the Car Pass. Personally, I'm okay with that, as nothing in there I feel I really want or need. Jags would be nice but not $7 nice and the Ferrari is P class (AKA Useless).

Also: SBC Results from Week 1
    There were too many circumstances and too few stand out issues to really make any PI adjustments.
    And FYI, I think the CotA layout we will be racing Thursday will be the West layout. Full gives too much advantage to the straight-line cars, not to mention that West cuts some of the corners we tend to see crashes on.

• Options
    HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    bleeeeeeeeeeeeech Chris Evans

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    In case anyone managed to miss what I was driving last night:

l7O48GO.jpg

qhlggne.jpg

The creator.

• Options
    HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    dear god.

why

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    Because it was there.

• Options
    they were so preoccupied with whether they could they didn't stop to think whether they should.

• Options
    Close down Forza Motorsport. We've reached the pinnacle.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    GhotiGhoti Registered User regular
    Let it go, mate. Let it go...

• Options
    DyasAlureDyasAlure SeattleRegistered User regular
    TeeMan wrote: »
    Hey guys, late last year the indomitable Handgimp gifted me a V8 race day for the PA G&T Secret Santa. At the time I promised to upload the quote race endquote footage, so I'm here to do just that!

https://youtu.be/MEA9QpARWHs

After my drive and a few hot laps, I came away from the experience completely blown-away about how fast race cars can go mid-corner. Accelerating and braking were fine, they felt pretty normal (with the mild exception of using the lift-off of the brake to help balance the car while entering the corner, I don't think I was going quite fast enough to worry about that Mr Co-Pilot haha), but it was the amount of speed it could carry and pile-on mid-corner that blew me away. The core muscles of professional drivers must be incredibly strong!

A huge, huge thank you once again to Handgimp for providing this experience :biggrin:

My wife for my birthday got Kart - Endurance Race. Not enough people showed up, so they just gave us lots of tickets for the 15 minute sessions. I think I did 4 15 minute sessions, with a 15 minute break between each (track rules). My arms were tired after all that driving. Trying to go fast, the kart really wants to go straight, not corner.

I also understand in F1 it wasn't as realized how fit you should be. And than one driver won a lot because of how much he worked out outside racing. Now, it is a standard thing I guess. Also, loosing weight because of the heat of the cockpit and holding the vehicle in line.

Anyway, my problem with racing sims, I can't feel the bumps in the road and the g force. But all these pretty cars, makes me want to get an X-Box One just for Forza.

My%20Steam.png?psid=1My%20Twitch%20-%20Mass%20Effect.png?psid=1=1My%20Youtube.png?psid=1
  • Options
    Kestrel1Kestrel1 falco sparverius Noblesville, INRegistered User regular
    edited April 2016
    So, I haven't had a ton of time to play virtual cars with you guys lately because I've been playing with real cars with my kid. We got his car back from the vinyl shop just in time for it to make its on-track debut this weekend. Thought you might like to see it.

e3eyehkl.jpg
    m950xy0l.jpg
    Q9CTtYll.jpg

You'll see I managed to finally find a use for the stickers that came with Forza Motorsport 6.

If you want to keep up with our racing adventures, you can find us at www.gpdracing.com

Kestrel1 on
    Kestrel1.png
    Mixer: Kestrel1 | Twitch: KestrelTV
  • Options
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    @Kestrel1 when looking at the front of it why is there extra space for those side roll bars? Is that where you put a tiny side car?

Edit:...wait why is the entire body shifted to the side?

CommunistCow on
  • Options
    DyasAlureDyasAlure SeattleRegistered User regular
    Kestrel1 when looking at the front of it why is there extra space for those side roll bars? Is that where you put a tiny side car?

Oval track?

My%20Steam.png?psid=1My%20Twitch%20-%20Mass%20Effect.png?psid=1=1My%20Youtube.png?psid=1
  • Options
    Jealous DevaJealous Deva Registered User regular
    One of the prizes for an iracing season was that the winner got to drive a real life f1 car around a track, they said he did pretty decent as far as lap times for an amateur but would have to stop after 2 or 3 laps and take a break because he was physically unable to continue driving without a break. That told me all I needed to know about physicality of real life racing.

• Options
    Kestrel1Kestrel1 falco sparverius Noblesville, INRegistered User regular
    edited April 2016
    DyasAlure wrote: »
    Kestrel1 when looking at the front of it why is there extra space for those side roll bars? Is that where you put a tiny side car?

Oval track?

Exactly. Quarter midget cars run counter-clockwise on 1/20th of a mile oval tracks, both flat and banked. As such, having the driver and weight off to the left hand side make the car more stable and easier to handle. In addition, you'll notice the wheels and tires on the right are larger than the ones on the left (6" wheels vs 5", 33-34.5" circumference tires vs. 31-32") which have the added effect of making the car want to turn left.

As to the sidecar, if the rules allowed it, my daughter would probably be up for riding along and would fit nicely inside the nerf bars.

Kestrel1 on
    Kestrel1.png
    Mixer: Kestrel1 | Twitch: KestrelTV
  • Options
    russell688russell688 Registered User new member
    Happy Wheels is an amazing game that have the great sound effects and graphics that developed and created by professionals. You have to choose a track and character at the beginning, it is another flash game that hit the internet. This game has no real point, you just have to get to the end level safely, without dying.happywheelsiz.com/

• Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Geth detected banned alias
    Reason: russellcoleman

Human beings, viewed as behaving systems, are quite simple.
    russell688