As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Buying a Zune, shipping quandries

FoomyFoomy Registered User regular
edited November 2006 in Help / Advice Forum
So, I really want a new mp3 player as my only other ones are a very old rio 500 and my psp. And am looking for something more up to date and mp3 specific, so I've decided I really like the look of the zune.

The only problem is that it's only being released in the U.S on the 14th and I'm sadly in Canada.

So, does anyone know of a reputable online store that will ship one to Canada ? I really don't want to have to wait until spring sometime for one.

Steam Profile: FoomyFooms
Foomy on

• Options
    BasarBasar IstanbulRegistered User regular
    edited November 2006
    You can always purchase it on eBay from a reputable seller with great feedback. Most of them ship to Canada.

Basar on
    i live in a country with a batshit crazy president and no, english is not my first language

• Options
    RecklessReckless Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Also, if you're eBay-averse but have friends on the American side of the border, you can send them the money plus money to ship it here, and they can order/receive it for you, then send it over.

Reckless on
  • Options
    Nitsuj82Nitsuj82 Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    So many people on this board that are anti-iPod.

Nitsuj82 on
    Your sig is too tall. -Thanatos
    Nitsuj82.png
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Nitsuj82 wrote:
    So many people on this board that are anti-iPod.

Or that we own an iPod already and don't like it.

I am getting a Zune mainly for its nice screen and its wireless capabilities, and potential synching with my Xbox 360.

Basar on
    i live in a country with a batshit crazy president and no, english is not my first language

• Options
    vonPoonBurGervonPoonBurGer Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Basar wrote:
    I am getting a Zune mainly for its nice screen and its wireless capabilities
    I hope you know a bunch of people that are also getting Zunes, then, since the wireless capability on it doesn't sound very capable.

vonPoonBurGer on
    Xbox Live:vonPoon | PSN: vonPoon | Steam: vonPoonBurGer
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Basar wrote:
    I hope you know a bunch of people that are also getting Zunes, then, since the wireless capability on it doesn't sound very capable.

It won't take any longer than 3 months to get hacked :^:

Basar on

• Options
    edited November 2006
    The wireless stuff doesn't bother me very much, I don't even have a wireless network at home anyway, and I assume that it will be changed later with a patch, or someone will just hack together some new firmware eventually.

And as for the ipod, I've used my friends and my brothers a bunch of times, and I just really don't like the interface/click-wheel on it. I like just having plain ol buttons.

So I guess ebay may be my only route seeing as I don't know anyone in the us. Unless someone does know a nice online electronics store with open to canadian shipping.

Foomy on
  • Options
    TrippyDKTrippyDK Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    There has got to be at least one dealer in that will ship to you.

http://froogle.google.com/froogle?q=Zune&btnG=Search+Froogle&lmode=online&price1=175.00&price2=400.00&lnk=prsugg

Oh, and good catch pheezer :oops:

TrippyDK on
  • Options
    vonPoonBurGervonPoonBurGer Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Basar wrote:
    Basar wrote:

It won't take any longer than 3 months to get hacked :^:
    I wouldn't count on that being a cost-free scenario, though. It's entirely plausible that MS would lock a Zune running non-standard firmware out of their music store. They're doing it with hacked Xbox's, same principle. It might not be a big deal if that happens, but it may be a significant issue depending on how draconian they are about keeping non-DRM'ed music out of your Zune. Personally, I wouldn't buy one on general principle. It is utterly silly to ship a device with industry standard wireless communications, but cripple it so that it can rarely actual use that functionality to communicate.

vonPoonBurGer on
    Xbox Live:vonPoon | PSN: vonPoon | Steam: vonPoonBurGer
  • Options
    CasperCasper __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2006
    Which province do you live in?

Casper on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Casper wrote:
    Which province do you live in?

Alberta, Edmonton to be exact to the city

Foomy on
  • Options
    PheezerPheezer Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2006
    I'd really strongly advise against buying it prior to having the opportunity to actually try it out, or at least until a couple weeks after they're released so that you can find out if they came with any fun bugs to deal with. It's brand new hardware, in and industry that Microsoft is far from established in.

Pheezer on
    IT'S GOT ME REACHING IN MY POCKET IT'S GOT ME FORKING OVER CASH
    CUZ THERE'S SOMETHING IN THE MIDDLE AND IT'S GIVING ME A RASH
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    that's why i am getting mine from Costco.

Lifetime warranty, lifetime return policy if not satisfied.

:^:

Basar on