As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

IM STARVING

MrJunkoMrJunko Registered User new member
edited November 2007 in PAX Archive
Hey guys and gals of the Penny Arcade community, I just wanted to introduce meself, Im MrJunko and Im new around here. The whole long time reader first time poster rubbish, yadda yadda.

Anyways, I was wondering if someone can help me out. Im planning on going to PAX this year, and was really interested in renting out a space. Im trying to establish my own "company" Im just an artist, with artist friends that love video games, and well we do video game related art. So, what better place to network/get my name out there right?

Is there a possibility to have my own space(insert garbage myspace joke here)? Is this just some delusion that I have to come to terms with that just wont happen?

I just want to know if there were other artists, or people who had their own booths last year, just so that I can go about this another way.

Thanks!

MrJunko on

• Options
    BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    contact Mike Fehlauer about this, he will be able to let you know

mikef@penny-arcade.com

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • Options
    MrJunkoMrJunko Registered User new member
    edited November 2007
    Thanks Red, I did send him an email, but I have yet to get a response. I just wanted to know if at the previous PAX were there any independently owned/rented booths? Or is it strictly for developers/media?

MrJunko on
  • Options
    nearlysobernearlysober Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    MrJunko wrote: »
    So, what better place to network/get my name out there right?
    I don't know how much a booth at PAX costs... but I'm not sure you'd get the best bang for your buck out of it.

There's probably an audience for it... I'm sure there's plenty of gamers who would like to look at art, appreciate art and all that, but I'm not sure the people on the exhibition floor are in the position to do anything about it... I'm not sure if companies really scout out the hall for talent. It would be cool, but I'm not sure you'd get a good enough benefit from it to justify the cost.

But more power to you if you want to go for it! PAX can be made into whatever we want it to be... maybe sometime in the future there will be a seperate Art Gallery where people can browse hand drawn concept art & physical models right along side rendered scenes & characters posing on screens... or maybe even purchase originals! And independant artists or art companies can showcase their skills to the industry... you never know what the future holds for PAX.

nearlysober on
This discussion has been closed.