As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

My Nintendo is your Nintendo

• Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    I really wish the coupons were maybe 30% and 50% instead. I would really love to move to digital software someday but with retail prices being a much better deal it's hard to convince myself.

FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    Venture IndustryVenture Industry Registered User regular
    Why are gold coins the more valuable coin? It should be Platinum > Gold, this is messing with my Club Nintendo mentality.

3DS: 3866-8020-5336 NNID/PSN: VentureIndustry XBL: Hax0rz
  • Options
    RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    Just rename them Silver. Problem solved.

OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • Options
    VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    Tallied up my +90 coins for the week. We'll get there eventually, Zelda Picross.

• Options
    TDawgTDawg Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    Went to get my weekly sign-in bonus, and my Mii was holding a present. 10 bonus coins!

TDawg on
    NNID: ohnoTom || 3DS: 1762-3198-2019 || Steam || Take My Good Pokemon
    Let's Plays of Japanese Games
  • Options
    I logged in today and saw that I had 820 coins. I could have sworn I only had 790 after getting the weekly bonuses yesterday. Checked my point history, and apparently there are four weekly sign-ins?
    Completed: Sign in to your Nintendo Account on the official Nintendo website (weekly) + 30

Completed: Sign in to Miiverse (weekly) + 30

Completed: Sign in to Nintendo eShop (weekly) + 30

Completed: Collect the My Nintendo sign-in bonus (weekly) + 30

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    Vyolynce wrote: »
    I logged in today and saw that I had 820 coins. I could have sworn I only had 790 after getting the weekly bonuses yesterday. Checked my point history, and apparently there are four weekly sign-ins?
    Completed: Sign in to your Nintendo Account on the official Nintendo website (weekly) + 30

I had to click some platinum coin graphic on My Nintendo (should be near your Mii), that must be what that last one is. Didn't realize it was separate from just logging in.

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    The reward for signing into Nintendo is hidden. Not listed with the missions. Good spot!

Do boxes max? I have 800 regular platinum coins and the box is over the top, and I question whether I got the full 30 coins from signing into the Nintendo site.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    Warlock82 wrote: »

I had to click some platinum coin graphic on My Nintendo (should be near your Mii), that must be what that last one is. Didn't realize it was separate from just logging in.

Yeah I thought logging in caused that coin to appear once a week, but like Arc said it's a hidden mission and the coin is something separate.

ArcSyn wrote: »
    Do boxes max? I have 800 regular platinum coins and the box is over the top, and I question whether I got the full 30 coins from signing into the Nintendo site.

I'm at 820 and the box is very full; like 3-4 coins peeking over the lip. But I don't plan on getting more until next week so we'll see what happens then...

Speaking of "we'll see what happens", I have 200 coins from preregistering Miitomo back when this thing was first announced. I do not own Miitomo nor do I plan to. I wonder if those coins are temporary? But at +120/week I'll have 1000 by the end of the month so they better move fast if they want them back. :P

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    I just heard on a podcast that coins expire after 6 months, which is pretty shitty

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    I just heard on a podcast that coins expire after 6 months, which is pretty shitty

It's outright stated on the site.

• Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    The reward for signing into Nintendo is hidden. Not listed with the missions. Good spot!

What the heck? Where do you see if you got coins for signing into the Nintendo site? I don't see it anywhere and I just tried multiple times to get credit for it...I go to www.nintendo.com and I'm already signed in due to my.nintendo.com, and I sign out, and sign back in, and there's no indication that anything happened.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options

What the heck? Where do you see if you got coins for signing into the Nintendo site? I don't see it anywhere and I just tried multiple times to get credit for it...I go to www.nintendo.com and I'm already signed in due to my.nintendo.com, and I sign out, and sign back in, and there's no indication that anything happened.

Should be a "Point History" option on the menu.

• Options
    Yeah I found it, and apparently I got it today. I wasn't looking at my coin totals or anything.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular

This should be in the OP.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    dresdenphiledresdenphile Watch out for snakes!Registered User regular
    Has there been any talk of when new rewards will show up? Monthly like CN? I noticed that the Mario Suit offer expires on May 1st, and the TP Picross expires on October 1st, so I may just wait to pick the latter up, if new stuff's going to be rotating in regularly.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MNC Dover wrote: »

Done.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    Well, that took less than 24hrs to get enough coins for Zelda Picross. Though any future rewards are going to be much more of an uphill climb now all the one time rewards are gone.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular

Done.

Awesome! Next we'll have to generate a daily/weekly checklist for maximizing coins. :)

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Well, that took less than 24hrs to get enough coins for Zelda Picross. Though any future rewards are going to be much more of an uphill climb now all the one time rewards are gone.

Not necessarily. Presumably future smartphone (and NX?) games will also let you earn points so it shouldn't be too hard to earn a couple hundred points each week.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    edited April 2016

Done.

Awesome! Next we'll have to generate a daily/weekly checklist for maximizing coins. :)

Daily: (15-25 coins)
    Listen to 10 of your friends' answers in Miitomo.
    Answer 3 questions in Miitomo.
    Change your clothes in Miitomo.
    (to help others get their daily heart/comments, heart and comment on each of the 10 answers you listen to)

Weekly: (120-130 coins)
    Find the hidden coins on my.nintendo.com

I think that's everything. The ones you don't have control over are the getting 5 hearts/5 comments in Miitomo, but if everyone hearts/comments on the 10 they listen to, it should go a long way towards hitting most people's goals.

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    So Duck Hunt and some other stuff are on sale in the Nintendo eShop. To get coins for that, does it matter if I use the console version or the browser to buy it?

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    Should be either, since they revamped the store as well I think.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    TayaTaya Registered User regular
    You'll get coins if you buy a game from the website. I bought a game using it on Thursday.

By the way, is the US site as awful as the Canadian one? I can't seem to find the search bar anywhere and you can list games alphabetically but you can't skip ahead to the letter you want, you have to keep hitting "next page" until you get to the game you want to buy. Also, I couldn't even find SteamWorld Dig on the site. Maybe I was having a bad day and didn't see these features, but I thought the site was terribly inconvenient.

• Options
    Search was upper right I think.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    Bought the Mario My Nintendo 3DS Theme last night. It has a really cool jazzy version of the Mario theme. I'll have to record a video later.

FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    Regardless, if someone has trouble finding the search function, it probably isn't designed all that well. For a store like that, the search function should be one of the most prominent things.

• Options
    I still can't find the search bar. I feel like a dumbass.

This is the screen I'm getting.
    QsUnvNY.png

• Options
    For me, the search bar is right next to my region flag. Don't know why its not there for you.

• Options
    VGHegg4.png?1

Try another browser?

• Options
    Mr KhanMr Khan Not Everyone WAHHHRegistered User regular
    The platinum coins will be generated by "achievements" in the future, i hope?

• Options
    Tried it on Chrome and Internet Explorer. No search bar.

• Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    Taya wrote: »
    Tried it on Chrome and Internet Explorer. No search bar.

yeah if I hit change region and pick canada it disappears

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    Thanks, Trudeau!

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Yeah I was wondering what the Hell was up with that

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    Well that's messed up. Oops.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    Zerozaki IshikiZerozaki Ishiki Registered User regular
    Looks like you also get 25 points for answering the weekly featured question in miitomo.

• Options
    Looks like you also get 25 points for answering the weekly featured question in miitomo.

25 platinum coins?

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    Weekly reminder to hit up the weekly missions.

edit: My Nintendo bonus coin was sitting by the boxes today.

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    Oh that's a bummer...both the Mario and Donkey Kong My Nintendo themes have the same background music.

FU7kFbw.png