As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FFRK] FF7 Golden Saucer Dating Sim continues. New DU tomorrow night.

RiusRius Globex CEONobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
edited June 2016 in Games and Technology
Final Fantasy Record Keeper

[Final Fantasy Record Keeper] Is actually a pretty fun mobile free-to-play game for iOS and Android. It's not perfect by any means, but it's a HUGE improvement over such duds as All The Bravest. It's a walk down memory lane with a simple ATB style combat system with a surprising amount of depth and strategy. There is a new event every week, featuring your favorite characters and stages from Final Fantasy history, so it never gets old, and it IS free to try, so give it a shot if you have some time to spare. Just don't give them any of your money.
How naive I was about this little game.

This is the thread for talking about Square Enix's F2P Mobile game Final Fantasy Record Keeper (FFRK) for iOS and Android. Initially met with skepticism after some of SE's lackluster F2P entries in the past, it has grown in scope and popularity to the point where it gets as much discussion as any other mainline Final Fantasy game.

The game features a pretty basic Active Time Battle system. You can take up to 5 characters, made up of all your favorites from past games (and one original starter character) as you journey through the cliff notes version of all the Final Fantasy games. Each Final Fantasy game is a world, made up of dungeons with several stages. Each stage requires you to spend stamina to attempt them. Stamina recharges at a rate of 1 every 3 minutes. There are also limited time events that occur every week featuring additional stages, characters, and rewards.

There is a surprising depth of strategy to this game, as each character can equip different combinations of equipment and abilities, allowing for many different approaches to tackling some of the at times quite intense challenges. Characters and equipment also get bonuses if you match them to the world you're in (for example, Cloud gets a bonus in FF7 stages, as does anyone equipping his Buster Sword).

The F2P comes in the form of the in-game currency, Mythril, which allows you to pull powerful relics from reward banners. Mythril also allows you to recharge stamina, and to try again if you happen to be defeated in a stage. You can spend real money on Gems which have the same function as Mythril, though refreshingly for a F2P game it's possible to clear all content without spending a dime. This is thanks to several quality of life features implemented by DeNa, chief among them the Friend Summon system. Additionally, rather generous amounts of free Mythril are available between a combination of login bonuses, stage completions, event participation and quest completion.

Tips and information for new players starting out;
1) Quests.
From the home screen, the Missions button in the upper-right features Wayfarer, Normal and Special missions. The Wayfarer missions are meant for new players and will guide you to some of the game's basic features, as well as giving you some nice ability and item rewards. Move on to the Normal missions from there. Special missions are not in the game yet, but will involve high difficulty content when they arrive.

2) Stamina.
You can see the current / maximum stamina numerically in the upper right corner of your Home screen. Below that is an orange bar that shows the same thing, but below that bar is a set of 5 hexagons representing your current Stamina Shards. When you get 5 Stamina Shards, you refill your stamina to full and your maximum goes up by 1. The filled in hexagons show you how many stamina shards you have towards the next stamina refill and maximum +1. It is to your benefit to collect that fifth shard when you're running out or empty of Stamina. Efficiency is good!

3)Record Info.
When reading about the record in question, several tabs will be available with story, reward and boss info. Here you can read about the story background, rewards, and boss strategies as well as any medal requirements.

Upon completing any given stage in a record, your performance will be ranked. For any stage without a boss, you can earn up to 9 medals. You will lose medals if more than one party member dies, or if the party takes too much damage or uses too many actions to clear the stage. Earn enough medals and you will gain the Expert or Champion rating for the stage, which provides 150% and 200% experience, respectively.

Upon finishing the entire record, there are 3 reward levels; Completion, First Time Completion and Mastery. You can get the Completion bonus every time you complete that record. However, the other two can only be achieved once and typically include excellent rewards. To attain Mastery rewards, you must have earned 83.33% (5/6th) of all medals within the record. Remember those boss medal requirements? Each gives 3 medals if completed or 0 medals if not, so for records with few or only one stage, boss medal requirements can be crucial for obtaining Mastery rewards.

4) Realm Synergy.
Every character and every item comes from a specific realm. When you go into a record for a realm, characters from that realm are treated as if they are 10 levels higher. Items from that realm are significantly boosted in stats, provided the item itself is leveled up. If you're going into an FFVII record, it's a good idea to bring Cloud. It's a great idea to bring someone carrying the Buster Sword. It's a fantastic idea to bring Cloud carrying his own Buster Sword!

The boost from synergized items is stronger than the boost from synergized characters, so it's good to collect and maintain a spread of items from all realms. You will accumulate this over time, so don't worry too much.

5) Events.
Typically, there's 1 or 2 events running at any given time. These events start at a very low difficulty that even first day players can participate in, and end at very high difficulties that even longtime veterans can have trouble with. Rewards for completing event stages can include new or returning characters and their Memory Crystals (used to break level caps), weapons, armor or accessories from the event's realm, orbs, upgrade materials and of course Mythril. Events typically run for about two weeks and overlap, and you should definitely try to complete as much of each event as possible.

6) Hall of Rites.
The Hall of Rites is a new feature where characters, their MC1s and their MC2s can be obtained. At times you will receive, typically as event stage rewards, Souls of a Hero (redeem for any characters, Memory Crystal Lode 1s (redeem for any MC1) and Memory Crystal Lode 2s (redeem for any MC2.)

7) Daily Dungeons.
Each day has a specific set of 1 or 2 dungeons. You can only get the First Time Completion and Mastery rewards once, same as the records, and those rewards don't refresh from week to week. So if you complete a stage of the Sunday dungeon, next Sunday it will still show them as all completed (though you could still farm the dungeon for normal drops or experience.)

Monday through Saturday, the daily dungeons have rewards for and can be used to farm orbs, upgrade materials or Gil. The Sunday dungeons feature battles with a tremendous amount of experience. To put it into some context, A + difficulty stage of a Monday-Saturday dungeon gives around 10,000 exp to be split to the party, while the experience dungeon gives up to 100,000!

The daily dungeons now reward Gysahl Greens upon completion, and enemies have a small chance to drop additional Greens. These Greens can be exchanged for orbs, eggs, gil or upgrade materials at any time, and once per week the Special Shop will restock a variety of Major Orbs (at half price, relative to buying 10x Greaters), MC lodes and Mythril. Additional purchases may become available from time to time (accessories, items, etc.)

8) Nightmare Dungeons
A new feature to the game, the Nightmare area will be open for two weeks every month, and each month adds a new dungeon. All previously added dungeons are accessible at any time that Nightmare is, so don't worry, you can catch up eventually. The Nightmare dungeons feature a series of challenging boss fights, culminating in a special fight where all characters of a certain 5* ability will get full synergy for themselves and all equipped items, regardless of what realm they or the items are from! These final fights are like puzzles that must be solved and typically require planning and tactics instead of super powerful gear.

9) Relics.
The Relics page, accessible via shortcut on the bottom right of most screens, is where one can "pull" from a variety of "banners" for items. Banner pulls are always at least 3* rarity, with a lesser chance at 4* rarity and a ~13% chance at 5* rarity. Doing so costs Mythril (in game currency) or Gems (purchased with real $$$).

Banners are typically linked to current Events, and every banner has featured 5* relics. If you're lucky enough to pull a 5* item, most of the time it will be one of the featured relics, but there's still a chance it won't be.

One can do a single pull for 5 Mythril, a triple pull for 15 Mythril or an 11 pull for 50 Mythril. Single pulls allow you to stop if you're lucky and hit something you wanted, but 11 pulls give you the most bang for your metaphorical buck. Your odds of drawing a 5* item are the same no matter how many items you pull at once and no matter which currency you use to pay for them.
Bluecyan wrote: »
FFRK Acronyms 101
MC - Memory Crystal [Item to break a characters level 50 limit. MC2 is used to break their level 65 limit.]
RM - Record Materia [New equipment type once MC is used. RM slot unlocked by breaking characters levels. RMs are acquired from level broken characters in a variety of ways]
SB - Soul Break [Think Limit Break from FF7, new ones can be learned by character specific 5* relics]
SG/SSII - Sentinel Grimoire/Stone Skin 2 [Also refereed to as Walls, either is a massive defensive SB]
SSB - Super Soul Break [Like an SB except they will also bestow a permanent stat up to the specific character when learned]
BSSB -Burst Super Soul Break [Like an SSB except it changes Attack and Defense commands to something else for a limited time]
M_O/G_O - Major Orbs/Greater Orbs [the middle _ represents which type of orb between Fire, Ice, Lightning, Earth, Non-Elemental, Dark, Holy, White, Black, Power, Summon]
_*++ - Blank is a number 1-5 which represents an items base rank (not combined). Every plus after the * represents how much its been combined. [A 3*++ will show up as a 5* in game but will be only about as powerful as a 4*. Rule of thumb is every item combination adds about half a rarity level of power.]
RS - Realm Synergy [Character or Item matches dungeons realm ie Cloud in FF7 dungeon or Blitzballs in FFX dungeon. This adds about 10 levels of stats to a character or about a rarity level in power to an item]

How can I learn more?

Mister P's PDF is a compilation of super useful information about FFRK. Ability damage multipliers, character skillsets, super break details, upcoming event information, etc etc.
Kongbakpao has a ton of useful information about a ton of things. Tons!

A while ago, FFRK added a friend summon system. We have a spreadsheet here you can plug your friend code into, and find the friend code of other PAers. In this spoiler is the old list of codes for reference purposes.
92th - El Fantastico
9BSW - jdarksun
9X5G - grove
9rRG - mackenzier
9EBA - Zerozaki Ishiki
913F - shamus
e7U2 - silence1186
9wC6 - Bluecyan
er3u - ResIpsaLoquitur
eSvR - Ilpala
99ZD - DrCongo
ecfN - Delphinidaes
ehpD - SutibunRi
e4XB - Maytag
QNeN - Enlong
9w7W - Billmaan
QdTv - SwashbucklerXX
GNqD - shoeboxjeddy
q7h5 - lionheart_m
9QDP - urahonky
Qjtu - BaywatchDave
GckH - Shadowfire
3sWN - A steak!
2EZ6 - Cirira
q4X6 - romantic undead
7gNG - peetsnack
zcsi - initiatefailure
Q4Dd - korodullin
GbSH - Geddoe
f7MM - maguano
3EnU - manetherenwolf
Fofd - savant
u6BN - Rius

Rius on

• RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    edited June 2016
    Current Event(s):

FF9 - "Angel of Death"
    • Recruit Kuja, as well as Zidane, Vivi, Garnet, Beatrix and Amarant, and gain MC1s for them all.
    • Gain MC2s for Kuja, Beatrix and Zidane!
    • Earn a copy of Memento Mori (4★ Darkness) and Dark Zone (5★ Darkness)!
    • Earn the accessory Gulug Stone (+15 MAG, moderate Fire resistance) by defeating Ultimate Steiner!
    • Fight the Ultimate+ difficulty boss, Kuja!

FF9 - "Angel of Death"
    • Recruit Cait Sith, as well as Aerith, Tifa, Barret and Yuffie, and gain MC1s for them all.
    • Gain the MC2 for Yuffie!
    • Earn the accessory Cat's Bell (500 HP and +15 MND) by defeating Ultimate Carry Armor!
    • Face the Ultimate+ difficulty challenge in the Battle Arena!

Current Special Banners:

Dr. Mog's Beginner's Choice - This banner can only be pulled on once, and only with an 11-pull. It has the standard odds for getting a 5* relic, and the featured relics have either;
    • Character Soul Breaks for characters unlocked very early
    • Shared Soul Breaks that are useful for any party (AoE Heal, Protectga, Shellga)
    • Shared Soul Breaks that provide AoE attacks
    Additionally, after pulling on the banner you can choose one 5* relic, from a predetermined list, to be added to your inventory. The list includes one relic from each realm and has some duds and some great picks.

White Mage Nightmare - A one-time half-price 11 pull is available on this banner, with standard 5* rates. Any 5* relics drawn are guaranteed to be for characters with 5* White Mage in their skillset.

Rius on
  • BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    edited April 2016
    my body is ready for FFT bonus action in 6 hours

4FlyDve.jpg?1

Beasteh on
  • LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    This really is Ramza keeper.

I've been running this as my main party lately. Been clearing my way through my elite story dungeon backlog, pretty much never changing this party.

Agrias, Ramza, Lenna, Rinoa, and Locke.

That combination of dudes has let me tackle some pretty hard elite content, including the level 141 dungeon for Fusoya's memory crystal. The only thing I've had to change is specific ability loadouts to meet medal requirements, and of course gear to get record synergy.

• FryFry Registered User regular
    Just when I was about to complain about how major orbs are "featured" in + dailies but I've never seen one, an MHO drops from Fridaily. Hrmph.

@Beasteh Your party order is wrong. Healer goes in the middle for maximum protection. Everyone knows that!

• DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    Did another FFT pull, got Genji helm and another Nu, combined it into my first and it's a really solid armor option now regardless of synergy.

NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    @Beasteh Your party order is wrong. Healer goes in the middle for maximum protection. Everyone knows that!

Monster. It goes:

Main Attacker
    White Mage
    Utility Attacker
    Black Mage
    Support

Everyone knows this.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    No way.

Main attacker
    Support
    Utility character
    White Mage
    Black Mage.

• DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    Best equipment to worst equipment

• Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    My old mixed team was always

Mage
    Support
    White Mage
    Flex slot
    Physical Attacker/Retaliate

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular

It'd be interesting to see if other people do this, and if there are any near OCD tendencies about it. :)

For me:

-First slot is for the support.
    -Second slot is variable, but typically a mage goes here.
    -Third is for the healer.
    -Forth is also variable, either a second mage or physical attacker.
    -Fifth is the main physical attacker, especially if they're using Retaliate so there's less distance between targeting them and hitting attack.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
    I go
    -Physical Attacker / Party Leader
    -Support
    -Healer
    -Black Mage or Summoner
    -Flex Slot / Special Condition character

• RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    Sword Murderer
    Dagger Murderer
    Magic Murderer
    Dagger Dog
    Staff Anti-Murderer

• silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    So this makes three laps around the general FF thread.

And it's obviously:

Retaliator
    Support with Boost
    Support without Boost
    Red Mage/Paladin
    White Mage

• Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    Dunadan019 wrote: »
    Yep, Cecil's remaining claim to fame ends up being his decent default SB and his BSB which interacts with Saint Cross in ridiculous ways. Agrias more or less replaces him, Steiner, and Beatrix.

if you have his shield, he's also excellent at soaking up single target damage.

Sentinel was better in the days before Draw Fire, but yeah, it's still good.

I remember using it on Cloud for makeshift pre-Draw Fire Tauntaliate.

sentinel is draw fire and draw magic.

still pretty useful especially if you want to give your paladin banishing strike and protectga.

oops, didn't realize we went to a new thread

And it's obviously:

Retaliator
    Support with Boost
    Support without Boost
    Red Mage/Paladin
    White Mage

Retaliate on top?! You're a madman! Putting the retaliator on the bottom lets you get those retaliates out much quicker!

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • ShamusShamus Registered User regular
    You're all wrong:

White Mage
    Cloud
    Thief or Mage/Laguna
    Knight
    Support

Cloud got kicked off the team. Back when he showed up to a fight without anything other than his starter Soul Break, all of the cool kids laughed at him and told him to go home.

• ShamusShamus Registered User regular
    He rode in on a motorcycle and I was like "Nooo waaaay" and he got his old slot back.

Yeah, I used to put the Retaliator in the top slot since that's what all the party lists and videos showed, then I was like "wait, this is dumb, I have to manually target this guy all the time, BOTTOM SLOT IT IS." And I put a back-row character next to them if possible, so it's less likely I mis-target when I'm in a rush.

If I have two/three back-row characters, I arrange my party in the W or M formation. Otherwise I mostly don't care who ends up where.

Yea, the only time I still use Cloud these days is hot retaliates because he's got the highest attack of my retaliators. Lightning and Agrias have replaced him.

aeNqQM9.jpg
    Cloud got kicked off the team. Back when he showed up to a fight without anything other than his starter Soul Break, all of the cool kids laughed at him and told him to go home.

That just means you've got extra incentive to pull for him when he gets the very first Ultimate Soul Break, while all the people who already have his SSB/BSSB get not much to gain for it.

That is something a little vexing to me. I think I'd have a hard time pulling for anything for a character I've already got an SSB for since they're already doing great.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    Party line-up:

Healer
    Knight
    Black Mage
    DPS
    Support

RIght up until Ramza joined, it was a nice lineup with back(Y'shtola)/front(P. Cecil)/back(Terra)/front(Cloud)/back (Sazh), but now FFT and Ramza fucks it all up. Stupid sexy Ramza.

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

ArcTangent wrote: »

That just means you've got extra incentive to pull for him when he gets the very first Ultimate Soul Break, while all the people who already have his SSB/BSSB get not much to gain for it.

That is something a little vexing to me. I think I'd have a hard time pulling for anything for a character I've already got an SSB for since they're already doing great.

IDK, I'd be happy to stack MOAR STAT BUFFZ on the same person from SSB/BSB/whatever comes after.

• FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    I just put my favorite character in front so they get to be the leader in the dungeon.

Nerd character at the bottom if I need to bring one.

• BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular
    edited April 2016
    You guys spell things strangely.

Red mage
    Black mage
    Summoner
    Black mage
    Black mage/support

Though, since this is FFT I will allow
    Monk
    Monk
    Monk
    Monk
    Monk
    But only if their faith has been take down to zero, they all have two weapon attack and blade grasp.

Something about having faithless monks punch gods to death...

Bluecyan on
    "God does not exist."
    "Um, yes I do."
    "Not for long."

Knight_ wrote: »

And it's obviously:

Retaliator
    Support with Boost
    Support without Boost
    Red Mage/Paladin
    White Mage

Retaliate on top?! You're a madman! Putting the retaliator on the bottom lets you get those retaliates out much quicker!

Yeah, I put the retaliator on the bottom because I primarily play on Bluestacks, and it's quicker to move the mouse between targeting and Attack there. The few times I use the tablet, it doesn't terribly matter since then I have two thumbs that can tap in succession.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
    My load out is always

Physical guy 1
    Physical guy 2
    Support
    Black mage
    White mage

• CiriraCirira IowaRegistered User regular
    Mine goes something like this.

Black Mage
    Paladin
    White Mage
    Retaliator
    Support

Since Ramza is my support I always have him at the bottom to quickly choose his SB. I used to have the Retaliator at the bottom for the same reason Knight said. My WHM is ALWAYS smack dab in the middle of the team.

Fry wrote: »

IDK, I'd be happy to stack MOAR STAT BUFFZ on the same person from SSB/BSB/whatever comes after.

Yeah, someone who has both Organics and 1st Fusion actually has the most to gain by getting the inevitable Ultimate Soul Break. Because they already have a natural +20 to ATK that I do not have. That means their Cloud will always be stronger than mine, no matter what. (Unless I somehow draw those weapons between now and then).

Fry wrote: »

Yeah, someone who has both Organics and 1st Fusion actually has the most to gain by getting the inevitable Ultimate Soul Break. Because they already have a natural +20 to ATK that I do not have. That means their Cloud will always be stronger than mine, no matter what. (Unless I somehow draw those weapons between now and then).

Which is a marginal difference since you're both hitting the same cap with or without it.

ztrEPtD.gif
    That +20 ATK is basically an accessory advantage. Someone who has both of those items can pick different accessories and still be ATK capped, whereas I might need to equip my Godo mask or something, they can pick something with no ATK but has a ton of resist instead.

well worth bringing draw fire + retaliate to the bonus battles tonight (ie. greg or auron)

both the + and ++ have power breakdown and armor breakdown as medal scores

Welp time to finally make Armor Breakdown I guess. They forced me to craft power breakdown a few weeks ago for something since Steal Power didn't work.

aeNqQM9.jpg
    I wonder if they'd eventually add Tactics Advance or Tactics A2 characters.

Problem is that Marche and Luso's Soldier class is even more boring than Squire.

But it'd be nice to have characters like Adele, who at least has some potential for interesting Soul Breaks.

Marche's SSB can involve tricking you into thinking the game has shut down.

Because fuck this fantasy world we're going back to the real world whether you like it or not.

• CiriraCirira IowaRegistered User regular
    I'm luckily only missing Mental Breakdown. The others I either got for free or had to craft for a quest myself.

Anyone have recommendations on using Rosetta Stones? I've been hoarding them and after the SSBFest seems like a good time to use them. I have 27 stones currently (I think I used a few early ones on Sephiroth's Katana as it's 2/10 and the Hawkeye that is 3/10)

I've got two swords that could be candidates (Ramza's Platinum Sword from FFT and Firion's Masamune from FF2) and 3 Katanas that I could see using them on also (Vaan's Kogarasumaru from FF12, Gilgamesh's Kotetsu from FF5, and Sephiroth's Masamune from FF7). The best candidate seems like it would be Platinum Sword or Masaume since they have the highest base ATK of 124.

The only other things I could really see using it on is my 7 star FF6 Hawkeye which is a thrown weapon, but Ramza has taken Wakka's spot so that seems like a waste.

Mage wise (which also seems like a waste) it would be Garnet's Wizard's Rod (her SSB weapon), Lulu's Magic Mog, or Vivi's Cypress Pile. Rosetta stones don't seem quite as powerful in the hands of a caster though.

I basically can't decide if using the Stones on my best weapons is a good idea due to lack of realm synergy or if I should wait for something better (like Shadow's dagger or Balthier's gun potentially).

bangaa/seeq units would be cool

and montblanc

• Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    So I just downloaded the game on Wednesday, and have mostly enjoyed it, but a couple of questions:

I frequently get problems with connecting / loading. Is this a server side thing or something with my device?

My main party is currently level ~25, I'm told the best use of Stamina is to focus on the Stamina shard dungeons, or the Hard Daily dungeon (which seems to have a recommended level of 30). Does that sound accurate?

Any tips for where to focus my attention / gil / scarletite / adamantite / growth eggs?

I tried looking around for newbie guides, but the ones I found were either insultingly basic, or incredibly vague.

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
This discussion has been closed.