As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[DARK SOULS 3] Everything ends.

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    I start with a knight every time so this time maybe I'll do a sorcerer or a thief or assassin to switch it up.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    The fact that the assassin starts with an estoc is extremely tempting

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    I hope it is more like the DS2 estoc though

• JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    i will do a cleric as it combines the two things i havent really dabbled in w/ Souls

should have done a "which system?" poll, missed opportunity. I'm gonna be on PC for the first time, all the previous games I played on PS3.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    pyro + biggest 1h

the mana system is an improvement over a spell amount for sure

Xehalus on
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    should have done a "which system?" poll, missed opportunity. I'm gonna be on PC for the first time, all the previous games I played on PS3.

i refuse to be a part of penny-arcade metrics collection

i'm on to the capitalist schemes

liEt3nH.png
  • Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I'm going PC just for when I hit my inevitable wall of suckiness and go offline to cheat.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

you can do offline in the older games on PS3 by just signing out of PSN, I don't know how it works on PS4 though.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    I went with PC because screw physical copies + my PS4 is running kind of low on HD space.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    you can do offline in the older games on PS3 by just signing out of PSN, I don't know how it works on PS4 though.

Yes but on PC I have Cheat Engine.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

I went with PC because I could only afford to buy a next gen console OR upgrade my computer to be able to play current games well and I chose the latter.

BahamutZERO.gif
    I went with PC because I could only afford to buy a next gen console OR upgrade my computer to be able to play current games well and I chose the latter.

That is something I kinda wish I'd done.

• OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    Yeah I'm just gonna do deprived tomorrow.

Fuck it.

• -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    this is a spoiler for an NPC in dark souls 3
    by clicking the below spoiler you consent to exposing yourself to the name of an npc in dark souls 3
    yo I saw someone fighting a boss and they had an npc phantom named "roy of yharnam"????

PNk1Ml4.png
    edited April 2016
    speaking of cheat engine (DS1 video)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFLXFSO4n40

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
    -Tal wrote: »
    by clicking the below spoiler you consent to exposing yourself to the name of an npc in dark souls 3
    yo I saw someone fighting a boss and they had an npc phantom named "roy of yharnam"????

Dannngggggitttttttttt

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

• ShenShen Registered User regular
    Herald, and a return to my Blessed days of yore! (C'mon Mirdan hammer...)

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »
    It's a Gold Phantom sunbro PC.

Big optional boss spoils

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    I didn't really want them to have as few stats as Bloodborne, but, I also didn't want them to have this much again. :x

At least there's no stat (presumably) which gives more roll iframes that I feel obligated to take.

• OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    I didn't really want them to have as few stats as Bloodborne, but, I also didn't want them to have this much again. :x

At least there's no stat (presumably) which gives more roll iframes that I feel obligated to take.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure they ditched Adaptability, to which I say fucking good riddance

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
    they ditched adaptability and added luck it looks like

BahamutZERO.gif
    I trust absolutely nothing, I will assume one of the stats does something fucked up until it is proven by a council of nerds that it's not the case

• Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    I'm prooooobably gonna go back to my old standby of "big sword/spearguy with a big shield and heavy armor"

That's Dark Souls to me

Bloodborne was my change of pace

6F32U1X.png
  • OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    I'm prooooobably gonna go back to my old standby of "big sword/spearguy with a big shield and heavy armor"

That's Dark Souls to me

Bloodborne was my change of pace

Having gone through DS2 recently with a dex/sorcery character, I'll probably miss dual wielding and dodge rolling through everything

But that's what a second character is for

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    @Hobnail
    Are you in on day one, brother-man?

I'm thinking I am.

There are pizzas in the air, so to say, but I'm good, I think, for now

Is there a Zweihander in this

no wait, don't tell me

no wait, tell me

no wait, don't

is it easy to get though

6F32U1X.png
  • XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    I want to give a no shield run a go

hopefully you can increase pyro speed a lot

and I will rock medium armor

Mr. G wrote: »
    Is there a Zweihander in this

no wait, don't tell me

no wait, tell me

no wait, don't

is it easy to get though
    I think I heard zwei is back, I don't know how early in the game it is though or if it has its DS1, DS2, or a new moveset.

BahamutZERO.gif
    @Hobnail

I'm thinking I am.

Looks like I'm waiting on pay day for this go-round

Unless trading these old games in has miraculous results

Or this sacrifice to Moloch I'm preparing

• ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    I've only played Bloodborne and a tiny bit of DS1 (still in Undead Burg, I think I've leveled up maybe three times?), so I have fuck all idea of what I'm doing stat wise.

My goal is to end up with the largest, most comically oversized weapon in the game, whatever that is, so starting with Warrior and pumping Strength feels like a safe bet.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    they ditched adaptability and added luck it looks like

Didn't they add another one? So hp, endurance, and carry weight are 3 separate stats now instead of 2?

• CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    edited April 2016
    Vitality is equip load and was in DS2

CorporateLogo on
    Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    Also does DS3 do the thing where every stat adds a little bit to HP like DS2

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Cannot wait for unlock.

• DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Hobnail wrote: »
    @Hobnail

I'm thinking I am.

Looks like I'm waiting on pay day for this go-round

Unless trading these old games in has miraculous results

Or this sacrifice to Moloch I'm preparing

Dang bud
    Ok

This game unlocks weirdly early!

In fact, the exact time that I leave for work for the evening

nothing is fair

6F32U1X.png
  • Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    Also does DS3 do the thing where every stat adds a little bit to HP like DS2

It does not.

Looking at the Mugen monkey site, I can go 40 DEX/LUCK with 50 VIG and be under SL 110.

Sinners shall Bleed.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    Wait

What time does it unlock?

approximately 22 hours from now

BahamutZERO.gif
This discussion has been closed.