As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PA Forums Ventrilo / Discord Server

• davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Server giving us rolling time outs tonight.

• kaliyamakaliyama Left to find less-moderated fora Registered User regular
    Looks like TS is down, @DigitalSyn

fwKS7.png?1
  • davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Still down. Are you out there @DigitalSyn ? :)

• DigitalSynDigitalSyn Dr Digital Cumming, GARegistered User regular
    Back up. Looks like there was a filesystem error. Sorry for the delay!

Xbox360: D1G1T4LSYN ( Yes, those are numbers. )
    PSNID: DigitalX86
    Nintendo ID: digitalsyn
    3DS Friend Code: 5300 - 9726 - 6963
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/D1G1T4LSYN/
    You are a god amongst men.

edited February 2015
    Bug reported in the build of Teamspeak I have running, updating it now.

Edit: Updated to the latest TS3 Build 3.0.11.2. Should resolve the crashes we've seen lately. Please let me know if you have any issues.

DigitalSyn on
    edited March 2015
    Just a heads up, the server that hosts the TeamSpeak 3 server will be coming down March 8 at 4:00PM EST for around 2 hours. I am doing some patching and so is my hosting provider. I will have the TeamSpeak server back online as soon as I can after that window.

Thank you

Edit: Server maintenance has been completed and the TS server is back online.

DigitalSyn on
    edited July 2015
    Need to perform some quick updates to the server hosting TeamSpeak - which requires a reboot. Down time should be a few minutes. Will update once complete.

EDIT: updates complete. I did not update the TeamSpeak server to the latest version just yet, will address that at a later time. Please let me know if there are any issues.

DigitalSyn on
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    EDIT: Had it on mute, sorry.

21stCentury on
    EDIT: Had it on mute, sorry.

Nothin' to hear here, everyone.

• ZetxZetx 🐧 Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    For the TS users, there's a new version that fixes an exploit.

Zetx on
    76561197966849367.png
    Zetx wrote: »
    For the TS users, there's a new version that fixes an exploit.

Thanks for the post! I have confirmed that non-admins do not have permissions to create channels with descriptions. Users can create temporary rooms, but without descriptions. Since these permissions were in place prior to the discovery of the issue, our TS was not capable of being an attack vector - Unless we had a rogue admin... Looking at you @Corehealer :winky: :ar:

Please update your TS clients as needed and I'll keep an eye on the bulletin and update the server as required. Enjoy and stay safe!

• CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    Don't worry, I haven't gone rogue. To be honest it has been some time since I had a chance to be on the TS server since switching back to using Mumble for Final Fantasy 14. I'll have to do so sometime soon when real life commitments slow down.

488W936.png
  • PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    I think off is the default setting?

jCyyTSo.png
  • ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    @DigitalSyn Teamspeak server is very ded.

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
    Arthil wrote: »
    @DigitalSyn Teamspeak server is very ded.

Looks like the provider at my Atlanta Datacenter is being DDOS'ed. Nothing I can do right now, and it looks like my server is running without issue, just a matter of connectivity. I'll keep an eye on it.

It looks like some connectivity has been restored and I am able to connect just fine, however it appears the attack continues. Until the attacks stop I am afraid it's going to be a hit or miss situation

Connection issues seems to have subsided.

• SvevinSvevin Registered User regular
    Big thanks to @DoctorArch for the steamgifts giveaways for Game of Thrones and Of Orcs and Men!

steam_sig.png
  • SimpsoniaSimpsonia Registered User regular
    edited February 2016
    I'm really having troubles connecting to the TS3 server. I only ever get "Failed to connect to server". I've done everything I can think of. Ports forwarded from router, uPnP enabled, allowance granted in windows firewall, pings just fine through CMD. Other PA members say they are on, but I just cannot figure it out. I can connect to any server on the public server list just fine.

Simpsonia on
  • mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    Simpsonia wrote: »
    I'm really having troubles connecting to the TS3 server. I only ever get "Failed to connect to server". I've done everything I can think of. Ports forwarded from router, uPnP enabled, allowance granted in windows firewall, pings just fine through CMD. Other PA members say they are on, but I just cannot figure it out. I can connect to any server on the public server list just fine.

Looks like I'm having the same issue. Managed to connect ok before now, but nothing today.

Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
    try adding @DigitalSyn when talking about teamspeak

jCyyTSo.png
    Thanks @PikaPuff . I guess it seems my server likes to have TeamSpeak fail every February. The daemon crashed and has been restarted. Please try to connect again and tag me if you continue to have issues.

• TeriferinTeriferin Registered User regular
    Someone is joining the vent server and spamming noise. Any mods or admins available to deal with it?

teriferin#1625
    @Mordrack ? I'm away from a Ventrilo client for several hours

jCyyTSo.png
  • TeriferinTeriferin Registered User regular
    PikaPuff wrote: »

Looks like he gave up, but I'll contact Mordrack if the problem returns.

teriferin#1625
  • DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    Teriferin wrote: »

I dunno if it's the same person but some shithead has been doing this recently. Going by various names from the Persona series and spamming voice/noise clips.

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    I also have the power to eject people so just let one of the admins know. If we're around we'll do our best! What's even the full list of admins right now? I know @Mordrack is one!

Anyone in gerenal chat usually~

jCyyTSo.png
  • TheKoolEagleTheKoolEagle Registered User regular
    admin checking in. I'm usually on around 8-9pm CST til 11pm.

uNMAGLm.png Mon-Fri 8:30 PM CST - 11:30 PM CST
  • Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    Edit. Please disregard, found a helpful admin.

Hiryu02 on
    Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    Dibby wrote: »
    Teriferin wrote: »

I dunno if it's the same person but some shithead has been doing this recently. Going by various names from the Persona series and spamming voice/noise clips.

Someone was doing this earlier today in the moba channels.

steam_sig.png
  • TheKoolEagleTheKoolEagle Registered User regular
    The vent server is password protected right? It may be time to change the password to stop the trolls, or at least slow them down a bit.

uNMAGLm.png Mon-Fri 8:30 PM CST - 11:30 PM CST
  • SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    I just got kicked for being a "multi user spammer" when i was no such thing.

steam_sig.png
  • MordrackMordrack Registered User regular
    To get rid of a spammer who is logged in more than once, all users who aren't in the known user list have to be kicked. If you can't log back in, than you're the person that was reported.

steam_sig.png
  • Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    Had a guy hopping in our MOBA channel repeatedly spamming Trump audio clips. He rejoined under a different alias about 5 times. I think they were all variations of "TRUX" or something like that. Super obnoxious.

• PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    Looked at the logs and gave him a good 'ol IP ban.

I know I havn't been on there in a while (been busy), going to try to at least have it running in the background more in case anyone needs help with dipshits like this more often.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    @PMAvers
    There were a couple of people spamming vent tonight. Going by variations of the name "doge". =(

• milk ducksmilk ducks High Mucky Muck Big Tits TownRegistered User regular
    Had two people join into the MOBA channels again this evening who had open mics or something. Everything we said was looped back through their mics repeatedly, making chat impossible. We muted them multiple times, but they kept logging out and then back in repeatedly. Their names were "good doge" and "bad doge". Hopefully there's something that can be done about that? This is actually a pretty consistent issue in the MOBA channels; it happens maybe once every two weeks or so, I'd say.

• PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    I hit 'em with a IP ban.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch