As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Gunkatana! Free build available now!

TubeTube Registered User admin
edited March 2016 in Indie Games
jVkWcRG.gif

The megacorps are staging brutal combat all across the city. Choose your fighter and take the city back with LASERS, KATANAS and the unique TURBO RAILS.

MDVKgXw.gif

Gunkatana's pre-alpha build includes 2 characters, 2 levels, 3 exclusive Retrowave music tracks by Electric Cafe, from Aqua Kitty and Rock Boshers fame.
Sound Design by Joonas Turner (Nuclear Throne, Broforce, Downwell) and Niilo Takalainen.

THE GAME

Experience a ruthless combat system: one-hit kills, KATANAS that deflect lasers, bombs, exploding cars, and the ultimate danger - HIT N' RUN 'EM with your FEET on the SPEED RAILS!

xr6qF2g.gif

Easy to learn but hard to master. Use the uniquely designed speed rail system to move lightning-fast from one place to another, as you decapitate and eviscerate your enemies.

OVERVIEW

LOCAL MULTIPLAYER: A multitude of co-op and competitive game modes, with every one fighting for themselves or in teams.

CAMPAIGN MODE: Ravage the city on your own or with a friend and uncover the secrets behind the Gunkatana Tournament! A deep cyberpunk story intertwined with knuckle-whitening arcade action.

POWERUP IMBUED: Change your murdering tactics in an instant! Designed by the megacorporations, powerups allow you to move faster, drop bombs, fire more lasers, heat-seek your foes and much more!

COMBAT

jTV4PK0.gifPMGGzOl.gif

RAIL GRIND: The fast-beating heart of Gunkatana. No rails, no future! Zip along the levels at your leisure, but be careful: you can get run over!

TACTICAL LASER: The merciless lasers will bounce back and kill you, but not if you know when and where to fire them.

SPIN ATTACK: 360º blade attack, wreaking havoc all around. Fast and deflects lasers! Knocks people off the rails.

STAB: Dashing forward, sword in hand! Slow, but breaks through the spin attack.

RELEASE INFO

We're working towards a full release in late 2016. Vote for Gunkatana on Greenlight and bring this murderfest to Steam!

Gunkatana is currently pre-alpha. The build available for free is a demonstration of our vision and a proof of concept.

There are more characters, combat mechanics, levels, and a whole single player / co-op campaign in the pipeline.
Check out the local multiplayer demo now, it includes early AI bots so you can play on your own as well.

PRESS HIGHLIGHTS

Kotaku's 51 British Games to look out for in 2016
"Think multiplayer Hotline Miami with this one. Gunkatana is neon-soaked, brutal, fast-paced, arcadey and very cool."

The Guardian
"A kind of retro-tinged mash up of Hotline Miami and Towerfall."

Rock, Paper, Shotgun
"Oh, what's this travelator thing? You can speed across it in a single blur? Well, I suppose that is quite cool."

Don't Be a Pixel
"The soundtrack feeds into the cyberpunk atmosphere and the swift violent gameplay."
"An even crazier and, to me at least, more fun Hotline Miami."

Impact Nottingham
"As a lover of local multiplayer games, I placed Gunkatana firmly amongst my favorites at the event."
"...amazingly fun and is definitely one to watch if you like local multiplayer games."
"Even as it is now, Gunkatana is a game I'd love to have in my collection."

fdSkRAs.gif2xxbFUs.gif

DOWNLOAD LINKS

We've just released our very first playable build, featuring Local Multiplayer, with optional AI bots so you can also play on your own.
The finished game will include a single player / co-op campaign!
www.indiedb.com/games/gunkatana
itch.io

Tube on

• Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    I love everything that is happening with the above.

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • SolivagantSolivagant London, UKRegistered User new member
    Hi folks, this is Geraldo, lead dev of Gunkatana. Thank you so much for all the awesome "clicks" above and feedback!
    Today, Gunkatana has been Greenlit!

OJBb1Q9.png

Thank you for helping us bring our cyberpunk murder-mayhem to Steam.

Check out our website at www.gunkatana.com and sign up for the newsletter, big news coming soon!

Game Developer & Director at Torn Page Games
    Crafting Gunkatana, a lightning-fast cyberpunk action game.
  • SolivagantSolivagant London, UKRegistered User new member
    What a lovely day!

Gunkatana is now on Kickstarter!

2d6yhgao09ga.png

Meet our three main characters and find out about the game's story campaign!

Hope you folks enjoy what you see and check out the alpha demo too if you haven't yet, now on GameJolt

sn6j99tzo6jw.png

Game Developer & Director at Torn Page Games
    Crafting Gunkatana, a lightning-fast cyberpunk action game.