As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Fire Emblem] Fates - The best FE character is now recruitable... for a price

19495969798100»

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    yeah I mean it's not like you can't have any cousins get married in awakening

oh...

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Jars wrote: »

oh...

they just become friends jars, obviously

ignore the illbegotten spawn of their forbidden love lurking in the background of course

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular

oh...

Umm..they aren't married. They're just life companions.

• Options
    I don't know if you are joking or not but they get married in the japanese version

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    yes I was making a joke

and yeah I know they get married in the japanese version

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    I don't know if you are joking or not but they get married in the japanese version

Joking. Was making fun of how the English version dealt with it.

• Options
    it's in fates too but at least they don't get married, which is good because kana and midori look about 10

....no one married midori right?

• Options
    SilverWindSilverWind Registered User regular
    Alright, I recruited Asugi and Ignatius, just.... fourteen more kids to go

Maybe I'll advance a chapter again tonight?!

signature.png
    Switch: SW-7603-3284-4227
    My ACNH Wishlists | My ACNH Catalog
  • Options
    DidgeridooDidgeridoo Flighty Dame Registered User regular
    What a coincidence, I just recruited Ignatius in Conquest!

Unlike most of the kids, he seems pretty all right!

• Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    it's in fates too but at least they don't get married, which is good because kana and midori look about 10

Some of the non-romantic kid supports don't work, either. Like Hisame & Kiragi discuss the master/retainer relationship but Hisame can easily be a prince.

Yet another reason kids need to be done away with.

• Options
    Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    Oh god I just found out you can marry Izana

Someone in this world earnestly decided to marry Izana

Gah

• Options
    Izana is pretty funny! So is Azama, whom I think my friend may end up marrying if she ever plays Birthright/Revelation. Izana's a lot less weirder than marrying Gunter, though, which is a ... hmm, Not My Thing

signature.png
  • Options
    I like Azama a lot, but Izana really creeps me out

I dunno why I feel so differently about them

• Options
    DaypigeonDaypigeon Registered User regular
    SilverWind wrote: »
    Izana is pretty funny! So is Azama, whom I think my friend may end up marrying if she ever plays Birthright/Revelation. Izana's a lot less weirder than marrying Gunter, though, which is a ... hmm, Not My Thing

ok but consider

http://36.media.tumblr.com/2d3d603150f1841cb3582c52ccc86819/tumblr_o418o4aZ8a1u3x7x3o3_400.png

(from exaltedgrimleal.tumblr dot com , which autoplays music so yeah)

• Options
    I find the supports with a carer/child dynamic (Gunter/Corrin or Orochi/Takumi for example) far creepier than any of the pseudo-sibling incest.

Also, in a Facebook group discussing names & mom acquaintance says she named her infant daughter Lucina after 'this game called Awakening'.

• Options
    edited April 2016
    Daypigeon wrote: »

ok but consider

http://36.media.tumblr.com/2d3d603150f1841cb3582c52ccc86819/tumblr_o418o4aZ8a1u3x7x3o3_400.png

Whooooey

Yes I would date a Gunter that was four decades younger, so long as he wasn't basically an adoptive father to me

edited to add in that pretty essential second part of the above sentence

SilverWind on
    signature.png
  • Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    probably because izana talks like a 16 year old valley girl

• Options
    Lucina is a pretty good name for a child! Abbreviates easy, actually is a name so you can tell your relatives other reasons if need be, and Fire Emblem is just obscure enough so that fans will recognize the origin while the average Joe will not (as opposed to.. Katniss, or Anakin)

signature.png
  • Options
    i wish gunter's va had also done another non old-dude character

i need romantic wesker dialogue in my life

• Options
    I agree! It was cool to see. And funny because when her daughter was born I neeeearly said something but was like 'nah, she'd have no idea what I was on about' and surprise, turns out she was named for that after all.
    i wish gunter's va had also done another non old-dude character

i need romantic wesker dialogue in my life

He does have a pretty great voice.

• Options
    I'm fine with naming kids after fictional characters just so long as the name isn't too ridiculous and it's not something super trendy

Looking at you, moms and dads who named their daughters Elsa

• Options

ok but consider

Whooooey

Yes I would date a Gunter that was four decades younger, so long as he wasn't basically an adoptive father to me

you've really got a type, huh

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Wyborn wrote: »
    Fer fuck's sake!

"Oh well you know what, Ephraim and Eirika's relationship is almost completely free of incestuous subtext after all that shit in Fates. Maybe my perspective has just changed, or maybe I read too deeply into it when I was y-"
    Ephraim: You looked a little upset... I thought I would stroke your face like I used to...
    Eirika: Please stop it. You're treating me like a child...
    Ephraim: Oh, I'm sorry. It's just an old habit... Besides, you were always the one who pestered me to do it when we were little. Don't you remember?
    Eirika: N-no, I don't remember! That was such a long time ago... Ahh... Dear brother, please try to remember where we are right now. What would our companions say if they saw us in such a personal moment?

Ephraim! What is this Ouran Host Club bullshit you're doing here! Stop it stop it stop it stop it!

Yeah

Yeah

In sacred stones it's the "well they're just really close" camp that is indulging in wishful thinking

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2016

ok but consider

Whooooey

you've really got a type, huh

I've got three types!

A) Leaders being all weighed down by their burdens
    B) Knights all dutiful and repressing feelings
    C) Rogues with hearts of gold, preferably with Unresolved Issues

yes, there is definitely a running theme

SilverWind on
    signature.png
  • Options
    Those are three worthy types, nothing wrong with those

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Sacred Stones beaten

Boy howdy the finale was an order of magnitude more demanding than the rest of the missions up to that point, if only because of the penultimate boss
    Out of everyone in my army I think only Eirika and Myrrh could actually take a hit from Lyon; everybody else had either too little HP or too little Resistance. If Ross hadn't gotten that crit I would have lost several people

I'll let it digest a bit and post fuller thoughts on it tomorrow. I will say the setting of this game is kind of weird with regards to what qualifies as a queen and whatnot, like how can Tana be queen in her title if her brother is king? Assuming that's theoretical, why does Eirika refer to herself as queen in her support with Seth when her brother is the one who ascends the throne (assumedly, it's never mentioned in his ending with Myrrh)? Why the hell is L'Arachel a queen instead of the Pontifex? All these questions and more will never be answered

My immediate thought is: Sacred Stones is a pretty fun game.

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    Magvel's effed up, people worship rocks and necromancy is ok as long as you make sure to call it summoning. Titles are given out largely at random and may be held by multiple people simultaneously (see also: who is the Great Dragon?)

Now do Ephraim's route so you can have the full experience, by which i mean the true despair good ending

Daypigeon on
  • Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    I will, I will, I just need to.... I need to breathe a minute. I'll do at least one chapter a day though

Is the penultimate boss supposed to be that overwhelmingly powerful? He had effectively maxed out magic (29 I think) and an attack rating of 54 in spite of the fact that his spellbook only had 18 might. That's higher than it hsould be! What was up with that!

Edit: Ah, it had 25 might. That's a lot of might. Still, he's so much stronger than any other boss, including the final boss

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Oh god I just found out you can marry Izana

Someone in this world earnestly decided to marry Izana

Gah

maxresdefault.jpg

• Options
    WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    Someone make the new thread, I have a question

This discussion has been closed.