As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Camp Comic] Friday, April 8, 2016 - Delighted

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited April 2016 in Camp Weedonwantcha

image[Camp Comic] Friday, April 8, 2016 - Delighted

Delighted

Delighted

http://campcomic.com/comic/306

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Options
    briguybriguy Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    I told you!
    The pony tail was just a ruse. *foof*

Though, I don't think Malachi has thought his cunning plan all the way through. It'll be daylight soon and then the beatings will come.

briguy on
  • Options
    alfiejacaalfiejaca Registered User new member
    oh no , the ponyails gone. It has to come back at some point :/

• Options
    mathsgeekmathsgeek Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    I'm so chuffed that after that time of reflection Malachi realised the pain he's been despite his intentions and this was the perfect opportunity to make amends. I didn't see this coming, happy that his character is evolving.

mathsgeek on
  • Options
    TrueLinkTrueLink Registered User regular
    This comic has delighted me. :)

• Options
    The ManagementThe Management Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    I just had a thought.

What if the kids do something so bad that they get sent home?

I mean, Colin is a counsellor, correct? At least he thinks he is. He can send kids home for behaviour.

But, there's also another side here- what if the kids finally overcome some great obstacle and once they do, their parents pick them up? (i.e. Malachi saves Seventeen at the cost of great injury)

IF the kids find the main office (we'll have to see where you go with this, Katie!), will they find a working telephone? A generator? A bike?

Will the kids someday ever get so fed up with camp, that they will themselves leave?

Will the whole camp realize what's going on, then pack up their bags and follow the road?

Only time will tell.

Cheers, Katie.

The Management on
  • Options
    DasilodaviDasilodavi Registered User regular
    I have a real neat pinny arcade pin of a kid's skull in a ballcap, I do not have one of an alive and not-headless kid being picked up by parents or guardians. I think there might only be the one way out of this camp.

• Options
    The ManagementThe Management Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    Ah, ah, ah.

Dasil, the problem I see with that is that we haven't seen anyone DIE or anyone LEAVE.

Perhaps, the bones are placements from (something) to deter kids from leaving the camp.

One day, these kids will smarten up and finally escape camp Weedonwantcha.

(I think I just found out Camp's final arc, sometime in the future)

The Management on
  • Options
    PyrianPyrian Registered User regular
    We may not have seen someone die, but we DID see someone promptly start digging a grave when one camper reported a tummy ache.

• Options
    TinTTinT Registered User new member
    So, these kids planning on going back to daytime anytime soon, or are they staying nocturnal?
    The dark/low light thing must be fun to draw, but I'm kind of tired of staring at mud-colored strips - not to mention it's tons harder to find the (redacted) cat in all the murk.

• Options
    Jr. Mithrandir Jr. Mithrandir Registered User regular
    I love how Malachi somehow believes the ponytail successfully disguises his intentions.

• Options
    hajenhajen Registered User regular
    oh Malachi, if only it was that easy... unless Brian is there, I never see you stepping back into the mess hall :(

and another delicious title, well done!!

• Options
    Finnish_LineFinnish_Line Registered User regular
    Love the fist into palm pose in panel six.

• Options
    alberto255alberto255 Registered User new member
    Fine, you're off the hook for now, Malachi.

• Options
    LunarNexusLunarNexus Registered User regular
    Not too happy about that, I wanted Malachi to do something unexpected, the story is really safe, Katie, make us cry, make Linus still hate Malachi.

• Options
    JossieMimeJossieMime Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    My god, its surprisingly hard to find the cats when its nightime ... and im not saying thats bad, of course.

JossieMime on
  • Options
    LunarNexus wrote: »
    Not too happy about that, I wanted Malachi to do something unexpected, the story is really safe, Katie, make us cry, make Linus still hate Malachi.

Linus might still reject Malachi.
    Maybe he'll be grateful for the return of the lantern, but still tell Malachi he doesn't want him around.

Maybe Linus will start treating Malachi how Malachi treats Neiman.

But I don't know how well that fits with Linus's personality. It took a lot before he finally confronted Malachi about what he was doing to the library.

• Options
    John LittleJohn Little Registered User regular
    Heh-heh. I'm honestly not sure if Malachi planned that, or if he had the idea when he heard the shouting. Although... it looks like he put some decent distance between himself and the mess hall, so probably the latter.

• Options
    Peter RoganPeter Rogan Registered User regular
    Hm. He's smarter and more principled than I thought. Let's see where this leads.... through the dark.

• Options
    Peter RoganPeter Rogan Registered User regular
    Is the hair drop the new mic drop?

• Options
    JachraJachra Registered User regular
    *poof*

"We do not allow wizards to cast spells in our game, for that is the most unbalanced rule of all."
  • Options
    Ilze123Ilze123 Registered User regular
    an so he is back in the Woods. In the Dark. I wonder what he finds, or what finds him

• Options
    metfanscmetfansc Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    Well that was unexpected

What happened to 17?

metfansc on
  • Options
    metfansc wrote: »
    Well that was unexpected

What happened to 17?

I don't think she went to the second Light Club, just Malachi.

• Options
    Bubble181Bubble181 Registered User new member
    While I'm sure Malachi means well and intends to return the lamp to Linus, I can only see one possible end to this story - a struggle, the loss of the lamp, and, most likely, a small rendition of the Burning of Alexandria. Which, of course, will make Linus hate Malachi even more, despite M's best intentions. Which will once again cement in M's head that trying to do good for others or atone for past mistakes never leads to good.