As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Penny Arcade - Comic - Gastroiconography

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited April 2016 in The Penny Arcade Hub

imagePenny Arcade - Comic - Gastroiconography

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Options
    CheeseGod99CheeseGod99 Registered User regular
    Alternate title: "Tub Troubs"

• Options
    zaitcevzaitcev Registered User regular
    Remember how Kinect was supposed to usher a new era of fitness? How times change.

• Options
    DissentDissent Mr. Fancy Pants Flavour CountryRegistered User regular
    I clicked on the hippopotamus link in the news post, and the song literally has a line that goes: "I go so hard, they call me go so hard."

With lyrical brilliance like that, it's no wonder the guy is probably living in a mansion right now...

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    This Song Is Just Six Words Long

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    Oculus believes, and they are correct, that most people don’t have the kind of room a Vive requires. But then you see it, and you’re like… how important is a couch.

Loved this quote.

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    They really need to just go get that tarp already.

• Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    Play it in the tub eh?

So that's what she was doing all those years ago. The prototyping on VR was quite substantial it would seem.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    geniekidgeniekid Registered User regular
    the Vive basically just has its dick out, spinning like a rotor, generating thrust.

Dear god...the imagery.

• Options
    dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    zaitcev wrote: »
    Remember how Kinect was supposed to usher a new era of fitness? How times change.

I know it was probably mostly a joke, but a friend said after his couple of hours in the Vive he feels like he's actually tired. I'm sure it would depend on the game, but there's potential there to actually for gaming to be the most active part of my day.

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    That's kind of for a given value of active though. I don't see it becoming a replacement for real exercise.

If people start integrating treadmills it could be a way to make that less tedious. Maybe go for a jog around Skyrim?

• Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    That's kind of for a given value of active though. I don't see it becoming a replacement for real exercise.

If people start integrating treadmills it could be a way to make that less tedious. Maybe go for a jog around Skyrim?

They don't make treadmills with inclines steep enough for the way I traverse Skyrim.

• Options
    GDT1985GDT1985 Registered User regular
    Nor do I think they make them big enough for a horse.

• Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    Now I'm imagining a climbing wall treadmill setup for playing Assassins Creed in VR

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    It would be super impractical for home use, but a climbing simulator with actual wall in VR would be fucking incredible and potentially terrifying.

• Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    Oculus believes, and they are correct, that most people don’t have the kind of room a Vive requires. But then you see it, and you’re like… how important is a couch.

Loved this quote.
    I liked it too, but god damn, what is with Jerry's crusade against the question mark?

• Options
    dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    Tube wrote: »

I think if people converted a 1-6 hours of sitting on the couch each day into actively moving around, it would actually be "real exercise." A big part of the problem with most people's fitness level is they just don't move around much. Changing that would be much more significant than you might think.