As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Fire Emblem Thread! Echoes may be a remake but hey lets use spoilers anyway

• WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    I've played ghost ship twice already if I remember. It's hard but not insurmountable, though in the past I brought Neimi (or Innes)

I'll use Lute until such time as Knoll is ready to go

dN0T6ur.png
  • JarsJars Registered User regular
    in my experience neimi isn't even very good at fighting the boss, dussel does more with his silver axe. are you playing on hard or normal

It's been years, Jars, I can't remember what the boss is, much less what I did to it.

And Normal. I don't feel like putting in the focus to beat SS on Hard, and I like the extra elbow room to experiment with teams without too much pressure.

dN0T6ur.png
  • DaypigeonDaypigeon Registered User regular
    i feel like bringing all the grado traitor squad along works well on Ephraim's route, they've got some interesting supports with each other

(Natasha/Knoll is one of the ones that goes into more detail on the story, fyi)

• DidgeridooDidgeridoo Flighty Dame Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    Love that OP, @SilverWind . On that thought, re: Brother dates: A post I found on Tumblr which perhaps you might enjoy

I personally identify most strongly with text entries 1 and 3

Edit: This lady is singing the song of my heart, here: Post is titled: Fuck Ninjas

Didgeridoo on
  • SilverWindSilverWind Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    Ahahaha, how relevant! <3 Everyone hop aboard the Xander train choo choo <3

It was pretty different for me, in that I was in hook line and sinker pretty much immediately. I didn't read or watch anything about Fates, except for the E3 trailer, up to the point it was just about to release, and I had no idea or opinion on any of the characters. And then @Wyborn loaded up a youtube video with the Chapter 6 cutscene flash of all the siblings' faces, and the moment Xander frowned that little extra bit nineteen seconds in my brain went "He's so worried! Why is he so worried, he is the most worried about you out of all the people there"

aaaaaaand sold, nobody else stood a chance, I'm not even the least bit guilty

(That Xander is a merging of both A) (leader type) and B) (knight type) did really help move things along as well)

SilverWind on
    signature.png
    Switch: SW-7603-3284-4227
    My ACNH Wishlists | My ACNH Catalog
    I'm tellin' ya girl

Cullen from DA:I. Choice Knight/ Leader with Burdens merger right there

That is the strongest argument for Cullen and for playing DA:I that I have heard yet...!

signature.png
  • JarsJars Registered User regular
    I didn't even mention that you can't recruit innes yet!

I have a +hp -luck corrin with monk subclass, got him renewal and switched back. I gave him my two talismans so he can have 30+ in both defense and resist and 50 hp and he is trucking right along now. couldn't do it with kanna because anna has crap defense. I would try it in lunatic except I can't beat fucking chapter 2 with a +hp corrin

• Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    So I'm doing Mitama's paralogue

And an archer walks up to her house

And caves the roof in, crushing her to death

What the hell?

• Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    im surprised that tecmo/koei did a hyrule warriors game, when a Fire Emblem Warriors game would've been like. the perfect setting.

twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    So I'm doing Mitama's paralogue

And an archer walks up to her house

And caves the roof in, crushing her to death

What the hell?

This is what you get/if you take naps rather than lives/Farewell star-eyed girl

• Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    Beat the paralogue

Azama comments that Mitama's might have slept through her house being razed

Meanwhile, in the alternate dimension of my last attempt, she lies crushed under the rubble of her collapsed roof

Mitama

Haiku don't need to rhyme

And I'm not impressed with your writing. You want to impress me? Write a ghazal or a sonnet.

Or a sestina. Writing those is nightmarish.

edited April 2016
    SilverWind wrote: »
    That is the strongest argument for Cullen and for playing DA:I that I have heard yet...!

I'm gonna talk straight with ya for a sec. Spoiled for Inquisition talk. Not really plot spoilers, but it just feels corteous to spoil talk about a different game when I'm in the Fire Emblem Thread.
    I enjoyed Inquisition quite a bit! Good game! Gets a little repetitive with the gameplay, and the story does unfortunately suffer a bit after the Wicked Eyes, Wicked Hearts chapter. Still, overall solid game. But if I'm honest with myself here, the real reason I enjoyed that game as much as I did was that I treated it as Cullen Date Simulator 2015. The game really shines in its interactions with characters, I think.

For the straight dudes/ queer-ladies-who-don't-mind-playing-dude-characters/ people-who-are-cool-roleplaying-as-a-straight-male-regardless-of-real-world-gender-or-sexuality among us, there's a strong case to be made for playing it as Cassandra Date Simulator 2015

Didgeridoo on
    I think Mitama can actually survive the house being caved in, like Azama says. I resetted when that happened to me, just to be safe, but I think all the cave in does is delay her joining you to the end of the level

signature.png
    Oh

Whoooooops

That'll teach me to rely on some random gamefaqs thread for FE answers

All right, all my Conquest core team members have their ONE TRUE LOVES except for poor Keaton, who is the odd man out. I'm gonna have to pair him with one of the bench warmers to unlock his kid's paralogue.

Choices:

Charlotte
    Azura
    Mozu

Opinions?

• NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Didgeridoo wrote: »
    All right, all my Conquest core team members have their ONE TRUE LOVES except for poor Keaton, who is the odd man out. I'm gonna have to pair him with one of the bench warmers to unlock his kid's paralogue.

Choices:

Charlotte
    Azura
    Mozu

Opinions?

I didn't like charlotte, but it does make their kid a monster

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • JansonJanson Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    I appreciate Xander but have come to the conclusion he's too honorable and distinguished for the Corrin I play.

Also I've answered my own question from earlier and made my castle an easy seize and added it to the list!

Also I would pair Keaton with Charlotte, I remember it being pretty decent?

Edit: Nope I was thinking of Charlotte/Kaden. Well, Azura/Keaton is pretty good!

Who are your Conquest team one true loves?

Janson on

Choices:

Charlotte
    Azura
    Mozu

Opinions?

Charlotte and Keaton is aggressively nonsense and Charlotte hates his guts

I dunno about Azura or Mozu but they can't be worse

dN0T6ur.png
    Janson wrote: »
    I appreciate Xander but have come to the conclusion he's too honorable and distinguished for the Corrin I play.

Also I've answered my own question from earlier and made my castle an easy seize and added it to the list!

Lessee here...

Silas X Camilla
    Odin X Elise
    Corrin X Xander (because I'm the worst)
    Beruka X Benny
    Effie X Leo (it should have been Benny!!)
    Arthur X Selena

That's all, I think! Everyone else is benched.

I did Charlotte x Keaton and it is extremely disappointing from a writing standpoint

Can't speak to the gameplay benefits of it, but I wouldn't recommend it

Yeah, it is bad! I was confusing Keaton and Kaden. She has better supports with Kaden.

@Didgeridoo those are some solid matches!

• Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    Naphtali wrote: »

Choices:

Charlotte
    Azura
    Mozu

Opinions?

I didn't like charlotte, but it does make their kid a monster

Charlotte/Keaton is a pretty good support line, IMO.

Apparently Azura likes fox boys, so maybe she will like wolf boys too?

Mozu is the one true queen of Nohr and does not need to marry into the Wolfskin line.

[IMG][/img]
  • ZenyatooZenyatoo Registered User regular

Choices:

Charlotte
    Azura
    Mozu

Opinions?

Mozu/Keaton is good.

It's not a "mozu feels bad about not contributing/Mozu cooks food" support, so that already made it better in my eyes.
    They're also pretty good for each other, which is to say Mozu seems legitimately interested in keaton, whereas I felt like my other keaton pairings were usually along the lines of "Oh no what have I done to this poor girl, i'm so sorry. No keaton stop giving her literal trash."

Also Velouria is great, aptitude makes her greater.

• BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    Janson wrote: »

Lessee here...

Silas X Camilla
    Odin X Elise
    Corrin X Xander (because I'm the worst)
    Beruka X Benny
    Effie X Leo (it should have been Benny!!)
    Arthur X Selena

That's all, I think! Everyone else is benched.

How's Arthur/Selena? I was going to try that one, but I paired her with Keaton instead

Mozu/Keaton is cute as she recognises that he is a country bumpkin like herself. I went with that pair in Rev :D

signature.png
    I love so many of Mozu's supports. She's a super useful character for that reason alone!

Hinata's like a Birthright Mozu, his are mostly great, too.

Oh, I missed this browsing on my phone earlier!
    SilverWind wrote: »

I'm gonna talk straight with ya for a sec. Spoiled for Inquisition talk. Not really plot spoilers, but it just feels corteous to spoil talk about a different game when I'm in the Fire Emblem Thread.
    I enjoyed Inquisition quite a bit! Good game! Gets a little repetitive with the gameplay, and the story does unfortunately suffer a bit after the Wicked Eyes, Wicked Hearts chapter. Still, overall solid game. But if I'm honest with myself here, the real reason I enjoyed that game as much as I did was that I treated it as Cullen Date Simulator 2015. The game really shines in its interactions with characters, I think.

For the straight dudes/ queer-ladies-who-don't-mind-playing-dude-characters/ people-who-are-cool-roleplaying-as-a-straight-male-regardless-of-real-world-gender-or-sexuality among us, there's a strong case to be made for playing it as Cassandra Date Simulator 2015

I treated the first Dragon Age as Alistair Dating Sim, so I'm pleased at the prospect of getting a new person to focus on. Fates is just... so neverending, though. Must try to advance the plot once again... I'll beat the next chapter tonight.

signature.png
  • KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Fire Emblem Fates is both too much game and not enough game

2x39jD4.jpg
  • chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    Fire Emblem Fates is both too much game and not enough game

It's exhausting amounts of game.

It doesn't help that Birthright is practically begging you to have Ryoma easymode every problem you see past the halfway point, and a lot of revelations maps are gimmicky garbage.

But Conquest!

Most of Conquest's maps are pretty alright.

I'm at chapter 19 of birthright after beating conquest, and I do not yet feel like I've hit the too much game mark

But when I play revelations and start having to repeat paralogues and go through supports I've already seen, I suspect I'll deal with a bit of burnout

• DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    I honestly haven't had much issue with the Rev maps pass the first few.

Dragkonias on
  • ZenyatooZenyatoo Registered User regular
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    I honestly haven't had much issue with the Rev maps pass the first few.

Everything after 18ish is like... ugh why.
    Especially when they literally just re-use a gimmick you saw like 3 chapters ago if that.

Do the child support convos get customized based on the mom? I thought they didn't, but I just did one with Mozu and she spoke in her informal country style.

• DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    Do the child support convos get customized based on the mom? I thought they didn't, but I just did one with Mozu and she spoke in her informal country style.

Yeah. The general content of the convo is the same but it changes a bit based on the mom's personality/speech pattern.

Dragkonias on
    Neat!

• chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Neat!

Yeah, they did the same basic thing in Awakening, but it's much expanded here, and the kid's responses tend to change too. It's like every parent is Walhart!

So much time must've gone into those subtle changes.

This discussion has been closed.