As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Fire Emblem Thread! Echoes may be a remake but hey lets use spoilers anyway

• Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    How would you identify the butt as chrom's?
    is there blue hair?
    A birthmark?

VayBJ4e.png
  • SilverWindSilverWind Registered User regular
    is there blue hair?
    A birthmark?

He's wearing briefs with the Exalt's Brand on them, of course!

And the butt is attached to the rest of the rest of the man

Kwoaru wrote: »
    revelations 13
    well hey fuck you too ryoma, 100% 23 damage two hits asshole standing next to a wyvern riding killer axe holding lady

I guess I'll go down the hoshidan side first next time so I can pick off scarlet easier

I spent like six turns slowly chipping away her HP from range with my lower levelled units. After that point, I was able to bring in some higher level troops from the west side to hand Ryoma his ass

signature.png
    Switch: SW-7603-3284-4227
    My ACNH Wishlists | My ACNH Catalog
  • ZenyatooZenyatoo Registered User regular
    is there blue hair?
    A birthmark?

The mousepad has these orbs built into it where you wrist sits. This bump is his buttcheeks. The rest of the mousepad has an actual chrom design on it.

At least, I assume so. The only mousepads ive seen of this type use either breasts or testicles, not butts.

• silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    edited April 2016
    Finished Birthright in ~52 hours, but real play time is probably double that due to constant resetting. Not sure I'll have the patience for that in Conquest and Revelation.

Gameplay was rock solid, definitely worth the purchase. Just different enough from Awakening to keep things fresh and interesting. Towards the end though, I just wanted to be done, so I used the units with special weapons + Oboro to crush everything.

As for the story..

Birthright ending (major spoilers):
    That was dumb. The whole story was dumb. Dumb dumb dumb. It would have been better being generic filler.

All the deaths were stupid and pointless! Xander ruined everything by being stubborn and I have zero respect for characters like him. Just fuck him. He is the literal worst. Total garbage character.

I'm now expecting Conquest to mirror Birthright in imitating its stupidity, and then ultimately both stories will be pointless in the face of Revelations.

Now for Bravely Second, then I'll come back for Conquest in a few months.

silence1186 on
  • chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular

Finished Birthright in ~52 hours, but real play time is probably double that due to constant resetting. Not sure I'll have the patience for that in Conquest and Revelation.

Gameplay was rock solid, definitely worth the purchase. Just different enough from Awakening to keep things fresh and interesting. Towards the end though, I just wanted to be done, so I used the units with special weapons + Oboro to crush everything.

As for the story..

That was dumb. The whole story was dumb. Dumb dumb dumb. It would have been better being generic filler.

All the deaths were stupid and pointless! Xander ruined everything by being stubborn and I have zero respect for characters like him. Just fuck him. He is the literal worst. Total garbage character.

I'm now expecting Conquest to mirror Birthright in imitating its stupidity, and then ultimately both stories will be pointless in the face of Revelations.

Do you want to hear the really fun thing?
    It's generally agreed Birthright has the best story of the three.

Conquest will continually astound you with new depths of stupid. Corrin might be the stupidest Jurp protagonist of all time.

Yeeeah no, you'd have to put Corrin through the "would they hand over the Sacred Stone to that clearly possessed by evil person" test before they could even reach top silliest FE Lord

signature.png
  • WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    You'll find the gameplay shift between Birthright and Conquest to be pretty extreme. Birthright is basically Awakening all over again; Conquest really mixes things up a lot more.

The pacing's better too, if only because of the lack of grinding and how it expects you to use your strongest units with their best weapons.

dN0T6ur.png
  • DaypigeonDaypigeon Registered User regular
    Eirika is just a Very Good Friend okay

maybe the best friend

Wyborn and I were talking about our top ideas to improve Fates, and I think a few minor tweaks and development on ideas that were already there would be ideal
    1. Have Nohr be expansionist and the majority of its people (including the siblings to varying degrees) not see invading other countries as a moral wrong. Birthright already lays out that the kingdom is extremely strapped for resources--highlight the starvation of the country and failure of crops, etc, and suddenly it's for survival of a nation on top of any "we're spreading our wisdom and light" ideology. It's not like there aren't plenty of actual historical countries to reference for this mindset. *cough cough*

The Hoshidan campaign still can be going too far--unnecessary slaughter, war crimes, etc., due to corrupt military leaders or greedy lords, or even something changing in Garon that has made him more ruthless, be it towards Hoshido in particular or just in general.

2. To improve on #1, have Hoshido be very insular/isolationist and reluctant to trade its plentiful resources. They can still come off as the "good" kingdom if it's not out of a "outsiders be lesser than us" rationale. It would also make the conflict resolve in not just a peace treaty but an opening up of trade and sharing of ideas that will lead to improvements for both nations.

3. More political drama! More schemers in the Nohrian court, maybe from a more devious Iago, or maybe one of the siblings' mothers, etc. Garon can be a more distant figure whose wrongheadedness only becomes really apparent nearer to the end of Conquest.

4. Valla's going to need another eight points I feel, if it isn't eliminated altogether

signature.png
  • silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    chiasaur11 wrote: »

As for the story..

Conquest will continually astound you with new depths of stupid. Corrin might be the stupidest Jurp protagonist of all time.

Boourns, this is not inspiring confidence.

I'll just keep an alternate reality fan fiction playing in my head while I play the game, and consider that canon instead.

• chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular

As for the story..

Boourns, this is not inspiring confidence.

I'll just keep an alternate reality fan fiction playing in my head while I play the game, and consider that canon instead.

That's probably wise.

At least the gameplay in Conquest is very good.

• KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    SilverWind wrote: »
    revelations 13
    well hey fuck you too ryoma, 100% 23 damage two hits asshole standing next to a wyvern riding killer axe holding lady

I guess I'll go down the hoshidan side first next time so I can pick off scarlet easier

I spent like six turns slowly chipping away her HP from range with my lower levelled units. After that point, I was able to bring in some higher level troops from the west side to hand Ryoma his ass

Takumi got her
    in one shot but because I approached from the left I had to have Takumi in Ryoma's range so I ran Corrin in there thinking he could tank a hit and run away next turn

I could not

But Xander has no such dangerous supporting character standing right next to him so I'll just go knock out Ryoma and Scarlet first next time

Which difficulty lets you make battle saves? I'm barely into it at all but the nonsense in revelations makes me wants to be able to save

2x39jD4.jpg
  • NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Which difficulty lets you make battle saves?

Phoenix and Casual

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
    Naphtali wrote: »

Phoenix and Casual

Hmm right okay I may drop to casual then

Or just be more careful next time I dunno

2x39jD4.jpg
  • JansonJanson Registered User regular
    Aw, the dialogue in Before Awakening with Selena/Odin/Laslow is really sweet.

Yes! And I didn't realize this until I saw it on Youtube, but Ophelia can have a convo with Lissa as well. Which makes sense, but I was pleasantly surprised anyway. :D

signature.png
    Yes! And I didn't realize this until I saw it on Youtube, but Ophelia can have a convo with Lissa as well. Which makes sense, but I was pleasantly surprised anyway. :D

So odin is lissa's Son
    And Ophelia is lissa's granddaughter.
    Then Kana could be lissa's great-granddaughter.

Poor Lissa.

• JansonJanson Registered User regular
    So I have now put over 50 hrs of gameplay since completing Revs into support building and I'm like

...just over halfway

I thought I was more like 2/3rds of the way through but a quick review of the roster says no. Dang. It continues to be painfully slow.

At this point I'm probably going to say sod it and start a new Birthright game.

All the supports so far haven't particularly changed my opinion of most characters except for Azura and Hinata; Azura is far less boring and more fleshed-out than I gave her credit for being previously, and Hinata is just the best; he's like ten times the nice guy Silas professes to be.

• DidgeridooDidgeridoo Flighty Dame Registered User regular

Phoenix and Casual

Hmm right okay I may drop to casual then

Or just be more careful next time I dunno

Casual's been great for me, simply because there's so much GAME to get through. If there was only one thirty-chapter path, I probably would have stuck with it and reset on deaths. But there are only so many hours in the day!

Ballastician dlc is out if you want mobile artillery. I mean, they're actually tanks now

you can also pick up either one of those tanks or a witch free once per file

What does the witch do exactly

2x39jD4.jpg
  • JarsJars Registered User regular
    big magic and warps around

shadowgift, warp to allied units as an action, luck-based chance of picking up consumables and a skill that paralyzes enemies

also they've got pretty nifty animations

There isn't too much text in the new DLC but it all reads like Wyborn wrote it

WVW69jHLaPckQ8FWYR

Also if you wait a few rounds in the DLC you get a pair of actual sunglasses, not the weird sunglasses you can buy in the Accessory shop

WVW69jHLdFsjYdr181

Also also I know what will brighten up my re-do of the end run of Revelation
    WVW69jHLcTEIdrlPZd

signature.png
    Daypigeon wrote: »
    shadowgift, warp to allied units as an action, luck-based chance of picking up consumables and a skill that paralyzes enemies

This sounds broke as Hell

dN0T6ur.png
    Wyborn wrote: »

The assessment from everyone who has it agrees with you.

Like, Awakening's DLC had some pretty powerful stuff between aggressor and Limit Breaker, but this is next level bullshit.

Like, Awakening's DLC had some pretty powerful stuff between aggressor and Limit Breaker, but this is next level bullshit.

No it doesn't sound nearly as bad as Awakening's stuff, especially given that Nosferatu is the only dark tome

But in the context of Fates it's pretty crazy

dN0T6ur.png

No it doesn't sound nearly as bad as Awakening's stuff, especially given that Nosferatu is the only dark tome

But in the context of Fates it's pretty crazy

It's more Warp and the freeze skill.

Like, the thing that balances staves in Fates is that you have a limited number of uses for the really good ones.

Witches have staff skills, but infinite use. For free.

Awakening gives you really good stats, so to make a challenge you just have to inflate enemy stats. Witches get abilities that rewrite the action economy, which is much trickier to counter. Especially since, far as I can tell, there's not going to be any DLC to really test your broken-as-hell bullshit.

There isn't too much text in the new DLC but it all reads like Wyborn wrote it

WVW69jHLaPckQ8FWYR

Also if you wait a few rounds in the DLC you get a pair of actual sunglasses, not the weird sunglasses you can buy in the Accessory shop

WVW69jHLdFsjYdr181

Also also I know what will brighten up my re-do of the end run of Revelation
    WVW69jHLcTEIdrlPZd

End-game revelation spoiler image.
    YnrsUQr.png

puttered along into rev...13?

one of the things i've enjoyed in fates is that boat chapters are fun instead of "not this shit again"

kinda thought I'd use Elise as healer for revelations, but she still hasn't shown up. If the Nohr folks don't start filtering in a little faster I dunno where I'm even gonna put em'. I thought I was gonna move Beruka onto the main squad but...nine speed...

puttered along into rev...13?

one of the things i've enjoyed in fates is that boat chapters are fun instead of "not this shit again"

kinda thought I'd use Elise as healer for revelations, but she still hasn't shown up. If the Nohr folks don't start filtering in a little faster I dunno where I'm even gonna put em'. I thought I was gonna move Beruka onto the main squad but...nine speed...

Elise actually comes at a pretty bad time in rev IIRC. She was like, unpromoted level 12 or something on a chapter where you've probably got several units that have been master sealed and also you get Silas in all his revelation glory.

Still if you've already re-classed jakob then she's not a terrible healer, but you will need to work at her a lot in that chapter and the following ones.

• DidgeridooDidgeridoo Flighty Dame Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    Whew, got through to Chapter 25 of Conquest! Making some progress. Spoilers for... I think chapter 23? Where you're seizing a fort and Takumi is guarding it.
    Oh no, Oboro.... oh noo your death speech!! I'd never heard it before! I KNEW I made the right pairing choice for her and Takumi in Birthright.

Don't worry Oboro I'll make y'all kiss again in Revelations

The plot in Conquest is getting a little painfully stupid, but the map design is top notch. I'm really enjoying how whenever you get in range of a named character, it becomes a sudden and desperate rush to please, god, just bring them down

I had to airlift Keaton in to take out Azama on that map where he was hexing everyone. Had everyone timidly hovering just outside his staff range while they all prayed Keaton'd be able to take him out in one shot.

P.S. my Keaton is freaking indestructible.

Didgeridoo on
  • NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    speaking of boat maps, shigure's recruitment was neat. I liked that mechanic of the two ships drifting back and forth

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
    speaking of boat maps, shigure's recruitment was neat. I liked that mechanic of the two ships drifting back and forth

Shigures map is definitely my favorite fire emblem boat map, because it feels like they sat down and thought about what they could do with a boat map that is actually unique to being on a boat, rather than having it just be a tight quarters map where about half the tiles can only be traversed by flying units

2x39jD4.jpg
  • DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    Yeah between Galeforce, Nosferatu, Limit Breaker and Aggressor...oh don't forget the Love Rally...Awakening was on another level. And that's just off the top of my head.

Warp does sound stupid though.

Dragkonias on
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    Yeah between Galeforce, Nosferatu, Limit Breaker and Aggressor...oh don't forget the Love Rally...Awakening was on another level. And that's just off the top of my head.

Warp does sound stupid though.

Oh, yeah. Awakening was broke as hell. It's just the DLC didn't make it much worse.

The DLC in Fates... is a different story.

• DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    Honestly. The DLC took so long to come out that I'm pretty sure most folks have beat the game anyway. So I don't know how much it'll really affect.

Especially since there isn't really any endgame content.

Probably make a new game+ a bit easier though.

Dragkonias on
  • Mr KhanMr Khan Not Everyone WAHHHRegistered User regular
    I choose Bachelorette #Jill

No regrets.

• Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    There are plenty of people who have at least one run left, I imagine.

Man, I gotta try to power through Dragon Quest III this weekend so I can start Birthright.

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
    hrmrmrmrm

i was planning on benching most of the Hoshido royals this go around but in lieu of Elise, Sakura's been levelling well and pulling her weight. And of course the first Nohr royal to show up is the one i'm least interested in/also a prepromote

bah. bah

This discussion has been closed.