As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Camp Comic] Friday, April 15, 2016 - Bring To Light

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited April 2016 in Camp Weedonwantcha

image[Camp Comic] Friday, April 15, 2016 - Bring To Light

Bring To Light

Bring To Light

http://campcomic.com/comic/308

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Options
    SunBroSolaireSunBroSolaire Registered User regular
    Adorable, every time I start to dislike Malachi you bring it right back around <3

• Options
    briguybriguy Registered User regular
    Aw. <3
    Such a nice resolution.
    Malachi even accepted responsibility.

• Options
    Nathaniel EssexNathaniel Essex Registered User new member
    Yay for Linus being awesome. also yay for Malachi showing some growth.

• Options
    PAX_SkeletorPAX_Skeletor Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
  • Options
    DublinDublin Registered User regular
    I am flabberghasted, and I like that. :)

• Options
    Antec28Antec28 Registered User new member
    I fully expect the next comic to be a full shot of the library engulfed in flames!

• Options
    MikeLinPAMikeLinPA Registered User regular
    Dawwwww..

• Options
    prime_pmprime_pm Registered User regular
    I love how Malachi only half apologizes. "I'm sorry I made you yell at me"? Even at his most sincere, he's a little prick. Love it.

• Options
    Christian LeBlancChristian LeBlanc Registered User regular
    I thought that line was heartbreaking, "I'm sorry I made you yell at me," since I feel that Linus shouldn't have let things get to the point where he snapped. (Again, though, Linus is just a kid, he didn't know what he was doing or what the outcome would be)

• Options
    DunamisDunamis Registered User regular
    @PRIME_PM
    I have three children and a line like "I'm sorry I made you yell at me" is exactly the type of thing they would say. Not because he's still a little prick, but because children are still learning things like cause and effect and consequences for actions.

I loved this particular strip because of how much it reminds me of my children.

• Options
    SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    "I'm sorry I made you yell at me" to me isn't selfish or half-apologizing. I don't like yelling at people, I don't think anyone does, so Malachi actually apologizing for making Linus get mad enough to yell at him is quite touching to me.

• Options
    seemikehackseemikehack Registered User regular
    Everything about this strip (and this comic) is so perfect. The classic Linus Neck Grab in panel 8. Linus' little shoulder shrug in panel 10. Malachi's body language in the last two panels. It's just so well executed. Amazing.

• Options
    Peter RoganPeter Rogan Registered User regular
    I agree with Seemikehack. A good deal of Malachi comes out here, vulnerable and honest, and it makes the strip. A good penultimate conclusion. (What happened to the search party?) (And good cat!)

• Options
    ZyxxZyxx Registered User regular
    No moon? I was wondering what was lighting their exploits tonight and had assumed the moon. Is the starlight really intense that far from civilization, or is...
    Wait, is the camp radioactive?

• Options
    metfanscmetfansc Registered User regular
    Its funny I thought that the "I am sorry I made you yell at me" as a very sincere full apology. I thought it was a pretty apt way to do it.

Amazing comic as usual

• Options
    FronzelFronzel Registered User new member
    Remember those flashbacks with Malachi's mom? Remember them in the context of "I'm sorry I made you yell at me".

• Options
    TrueLinkTrueLink Registered User regular
    This was a great conclusion to the storyline.

• Options
    LovelyLovely Registered User regular
    My heaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaart ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

sig.gif
  • Options
    kram1032kram1032 Registered User regular
    Lovely conclusion and great cat. I don't think it would show if you didn't have the context of what happened before, but this might actually be one of the best pages thus far, given its context.

Out of context, probably nothing tops the poop-bow from way back when.

• Options
    SargeSarge Registered User regular
    Awwwwwwww. ^_^ Looks like friendship IS magic!

• Options
    LunarNexusLunarNexus Registered User regular
    I am proud. I didn't expect this, I was anticipating a way harsher reaction from Linus, also the panel 10 "Sure" made me laugh hard.

Katie will you and Adam be at Pax Prime/West? I want to see you guys again this year.

• Options
    Jr. Mithrandir Jr. Mithrandir Registered User regular
    Feels for sale! Git yer hot fresh feels right here, folks!

• Options
    KatieJRiceKatieJRice Registered User regular
    LunarNexus wrote: »
    Katie will you and Adam be at Pax Prime/West? I want to see you guys again this year.

Yeah, we'll be there for sure! See you then! :D

• Options
    JossieMimeJossieMime Registered User regular
    Lovely ... now im just dying to know what will happen with malachi's relationship with the rest of the camp

• Options
    BlueAmaranthBlueAmaranth Registered User new member
    What if this is a ruse, and Linus is luring Malachi inside for some kind of revenge?

• Options
    Searching for the cat almost made me late today. That's what I get for not looking the first time.

• Options
    ShamrockSeraphShamrockSeraph Registered User regular
    I love this story line. Malachi may be driven by his own selfish ambition of being the best at everything, (most of the time, even though he's not) but he's still human. He has a heart. And at the end of it all, he still did the right thing. It's a really beautiful story.

My only criticism is (and I'm thinking really long range here with regards to the comic's timeline) that if this comic somehow ends up as Malachi's parents wanting him back after they come back to check on him (or any of the parents of these kids for that matter) because he became the kid they wanted him to be, then there is a good chance I might riot. Because those parents should be incinerated.

• Options
    YoungbloodYoungblood Registered User new member
    Oh Camp Weedontwatcha, you never fail to warm my heart. <3

• Options
    CheeseGod99CheeseGod99 Registered User regular
    "I'm sorry I made you yell at me" has got to be the most tragic line I've ever read...

• Options
    Youngblood wrote: »
    Oh Camp Weedontwatcha, you never fail to warm my heart. <3

Except on the days it breaks it.

• Options
    scuddlesscuddles Registered User regular
    I love being right.

• Options
    AthywrenAthywren Registered User new member
    I'm... I'm up to date?
    I'm scared.

And Malachi is being really sweet on the day I get up to date. It's a sign, right?

• Options
    GrendusGrendus Registered User regular
    Wait, wait, wait... Character growth? From Malachi? Am I in the right comic?

• Options
    MustacheHamMustacheHam Registered User regular
    It's cool to see the growth in the folks here, especially Malachi. He's an ambitious one who sometimes doesn't see the big picture. It's good to have him begin to see what things affect other folks and the whole empathy thing.

Btw, that kit kat was really hard to spot in this strip. Just had to open my eyes a bit more. Hehe, rather an ironic thing. ;P

• Options
    Pastels_ParadoxPastels_Paradox Registered User regular
    I feel like Mal has a kind of puppy-love crush on Linus. Y'know, like the kind a kid would get on an older teen friend or even a babysitter.
    Maybe that's just my love for that sort of dynamic, but it sure would be adorable.