As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Do you enjoy a good ol' Podcast with the boys?

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    Best thing about this Monster Factory is that it perfectly captures the attitude everyone gets when they get stuck on a Dark Souls boss, which is turn into a giant whiny baby

"Oh I guess he's just gonna hit me forever and I just do nothing!! Great job at shielding, shield!!!"

And then the triumph when he finally went down

It was one of the truest distillations of Dark Souls ever

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    We are the podcasters three, here to talk about Dark Souls 3. As Beeb continues to fend off some rude skeletons, Blue Map chimes in with more fighting game linguo while I share my excitement/regret over my hefty new purchases.

http://shoutengine.com/SouthFigaroPodcast/episode-88-give-me-your-money-18320

Those were some rude skeletons, but I murdered their boss man about twenty minutes after we finished.

Man the art in the next zone is excellent.

• Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    Not my cuppa joe!
    Kill all podcasts.

sig.gif
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    SimBen wrote: »
    Kill all podcasts.

0.o

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Not my cuppa joe!
    Once, 50 years ago, I was a regular on a podcast for a while

it was good times but it's time we all moved on

sig.gif
  • Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    Dan Ryckert just asked on UPF if people in Africa still believed in Egyptian mythology.

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    Not my cuppa joe!
    Oof

Dan.

sig.gif
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I sure do!
    David_T wrote: »
    Dan Ryckert just asked on UPF if people in Africa still believed in Egyptian mythology.

I mean Egypt is part of the African continent but you know what Dan nevermind you're on your own here

• Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    So I had never listened to MBMBaM before, but downloaded the most recent one (Mario Lopez) to see what that's all about

And uh

I didn't laugh?

Was that a bad episode or am I broken? Is the show maybe an acquired taste?

It just didn't seem very funny at all, don't think I'll be subscribing unless that was an off episode

• Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    And Brad just said "Unobtanium is a real thing", so this UPF is going all in on the UP part.

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    And Brad just said "Unobtanium is a real thing", so this UPF is going all in on the UP part.

It is a real thing, though

It's a catch-all term

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Mr. G wrote: »

It is a real thing, though

It's a catch-all term

Yeah, he didn't mean "the term has actual meaning", he meant "Avatar's plot makes sense because Unobtanium is a real thing that people can mine".

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    masterofmetroidmasterofmetroid Have you ever looked at a world and seen it as a kind of challenge?Registered User regular
    I sure do!
    Well that just sidesteps the fact that "unobtanium" isn't the reason that movie's plot is bad

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Dysprosium is a real thing.

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Not my cuppa joe!
    anime is real

geodude is real, and strong, and he's my friend

• Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    Ms Dapper wrote: »
    Moriveth wrote: »
    I want to say the Black Knight meme was from Giant Bomb's Load Our Last Souls thing? I remember they played the music during Vinny's runthrough, at least.

Yeah, and the song itself got a resurgence in popularity after they talked about playing the pinball table on the podcast.

It even got a mash-up with Power that I can't seem to find atm.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aj1JOEyKGWg

also, it was full endorsed by the composer of the original. which was pretty neat.

Melding on
  • Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    Oh shit I just noticed that the Black Knight 2000 pinball design makes it look like he's casting Lightning Spear.

• Options
    seasleepyseasleepy Registered User regular
    I sure do!
    I enjoy this current trend of the Beast crew taking some time every week lately to mention various McElroy Polygon nonsense.

Steam | Nintendo: seasleepy | PSN: seasleepy1
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    I sure do!
    Diarmuid wrote: »
    This Samurai Warriors quick look is pretty good.

I'm really mad that it's not available on PC! It's been so long since I've played an Empires game and I put dozens of hours into them when I was a kid

It looks like I've stayed away long enough for them to actually add a bunch of things, too! Fuck!

Maybe I'll pick up the PS4 version then...

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Not my cuppa joe!
    Oh shit I just noticed that the Black Knight 2000 pinball design makes it look like he's casting Lightning Spear.

it works on SO MANY LEVELS

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    I sure do!
    -They can't have named it the players ball
    -Well you gotta remember, Jeff Gherstman

Cue audio of people chanting
    Players ball players ball players ball

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    There's no job thread at the moment and I need a place to post this.

I am in my grad class right now and the teacher is talking about graphic novels. There are two middle aged ladies over on the other side of the room who keep talking and they are being super rude. Just SHUT UP. GOD.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Not my cuppa joe!
    this episode of coolgames inc is a sleepy, hilarious disaster

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Jimothy wrote: »
    So I had never listened to MBMBaM before, but downloaded the most recent one (Mario Lopez) to see what that's all about

And uh

I didn't laugh?

It just didn't seem very funny at all, don't think I'll be subscribing unless that was an off episode

It took me literally years to like MBMBAM. You have to like the brothers for it to work, I think.

Adventure Zone and Monster Factory are probably better introductions to their sensibilities, imho

• Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    I like the Adventure Zone a bunch and am not all that interested in MBMBAM.

• Options
    Adventure Zone is when everyone is always giving 100%

There are many, many MBMBaMs where at least one of them is phoning it in real bad

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    I sure do!
    I'm a big fan of the brothers and even I have to say MBMBAM is real hit or miss

• Options
    Not my cuppa joe!
    listen to some coolgames inc, too

• Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    Jimothy wrote: »

And uh

I didn't laugh?

that episode was VERY contingent on knowing and loving the brothers, it's the most incredible trainwreck

look up "I Hate You Ron" or "The Garfield Monstrosity", they're both around the mid 150s in episode count and see if they're more your speed

• Options
    Not my cuppa joe!
    my number one recommended entry episode is Tom Hanks Method Bush

• Options
    Medium DaveMedium Dave Registered User regular
    I feel...there's no way this doesn't sound mean, but I feel the more Travis has started contributing, the less interested I've become in MBMBaM.

Like listen to the money zone now, it feels almost like a non-stop litany of Travis sponsor adventures.

It feels like Justin is doing less (and i reckon a lot of that has to do with being a dad) and Travis has stepped up and God love him but he's the one I prefer a smaller contribution from.

• Options
    Not my cuppa joe!
    I liked the bit where Socrates declared the joke impossible to tell.

sig.gif
  • Options
    This Beastcast is confusing me

Why are they cool with Olive Garden and disgusted by the idea of Sbarro's

Sbarro's is pretty good!

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    If you aren't good with pizza grease

Sbarros is not pretty good

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    I sure do!
    They live in New York, Pizza Capital of the World.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    I sure do!
    sbarros pizza is trash

I say this as someone who has willingly eaten pizza from 7-eleven

• Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    While listening to the Beastcast discuss it I looked up Krull Glave on Youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZPJzD9g7YM

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    FatT 35
    Austin doesn't even flinch

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    nicopernicusnicopernicus Registered User regular
    I sure do!
    Rosebuddies is my second favorite McElroy podcast after the Adventure Zone. I'd maybe use their Monster Factory series from Polygon as a jumping off point though.

This discussion has been closed.